1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

In Need of Some Sound Advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PromasZanda, Apr 21, 2017.

1. PromasZanda

PromasZanda Rookie

Hi everybody!

Two days ago I went out and bought AC for my ps4pro after hearing good things about it (actually over GT sport vs Assetto Corsa argument) and I can say that I'm blown away by what Kunos have achieved with AC. It's hands down the best sim I have ever had the pleasure to play using a G29.

So to my question. I have a mediocre gaming lap top (asus rog 750jm, gtx 860m 2gb vram and 16gb memory ram) that I run iRacing, Raceroom, Forza apex etc. via my 55" Samsung ks8005 (ks9000 in the US) with no issues. Now I don't mind supporting Kunos but is it worth my while to purchase AC on steam and expect decent visuals and fps? I really want the most out of AC and going PC is the only way.

I appreciate any kind of input/advice.

Salute

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Sounds modding Need help with looping sound samples Nov 16, 2019
    Sounds modding Need help with sound fix. Jan 16, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Tyre Sounds need improving Jan 11, 2017
    Sounds modding have sound files, but need someone to make a sound mod Jan 8, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Turbos needs more accurate sound Dec 21, 2016
    Sounds modding Needing new collision sounds? Nov 17, 2016
    Suggestions We need proper tyre sounds! Oct 31, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Lotus sounds need to be balanced Sep 18, 2016
    Sounds modding Need some proper sounds? ask me! Jan 10, 2016
    3D car models Volvo p1800s (sound samples needed!) Dec 22, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Dp 2 sounds' don't work, need 1.3.4 sound fix Nov 15, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Rpmbeeper - plays a sound when you need to upshift Nov 14, 2015
    Sounds modding Need help getting my sound mod working Oct 18, 2015
    Sounds modding I need help modding sound :/ Sep 19, 2015
    Sounds modding Official licensed sounds that need improving Aug 28, 2015

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Steam has all AC stuff on special offer this weekend ;)

PromasZanda likes this.
  4. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

The good thing about the PC version is that you'll get the latest features and content much quicker and you'll have access to the mods. I haven't looked at the price to buying all the content, but I would say it would be a substantial investment (if you include the DLC). If there were plans for Kunos to support Playstation VR then it might be worth it to just invest in the PS VR; however, I'm not sure how long or if that would ever occur. It would be a good value for the console since PS VR has sold more units than HTC/Oculus. I guess you'll have to expand on your statement on what you mean by "wanting the most out of AC".

PromasZanda likes this.
  5. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

If I am correct you have:

CPU: i7-4700
    GPU: 860M, which is essentially a 750ti

And a 750ti is about the same power as an HD6950, which is what I had when I started playing AC (with a slower cpu).

I don't know how the graphics and fps will compare to ps4, but I had no trouble with graphics at all. Certainly decent. But check the forums for some benchmarks on a 750ti, that will give you a clearer idea of what to expect. Sadly I dont know what kind of fps I had on my old pc. It was just good enough. I'm still on the same CPU so yours will certainly not be an issue.

It would be worth it just for the access to mods (not just cars and tracks but wonderfull things like minorating, and all kinds of apps).

PromasZanda likes this.
  6. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

It's worth it for the input lag difference and the mods alone. Turn off V sync and there you have nearly 100ms less of input delay.

I don't think frames will be an issue on a single screen with 860M.

I started on the same card, HD6950. Granted that's an older card, I need medium to high settings on single screen, no issues really.

Also movable UI, piece by piece.

PromasZanda likes this.
  7. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

The beauty of AC on a PC is that you can choose how you want to configure it to match your system and interests.

It takes a pretty robust PC (CPU/GPU) to run everything maxed, at 1080p, at a min of 60 fps with a full AI grid. With a limited system you can still have great a great experience but you have to compromise some on picture quality, frame rate or grid size but unlike a console the choice is yours. Even with the compromises in place you still have access to the great physics and ffb system that makes driving in Assetto Corsa a special experience.

8. PromasZanda

PromasZanda Rookie

CPU: i7 4710HQ

The rest is correct. Well I guess it's a done deal then. I appreciate the replies champs!

Salute

9. Turk

Turk Alien

I was running AC on a 770 (desktop), I couldn't run it maxed out, but maybe medium settings. It's going to look better than on a playstation at least.

Another benefit of PC may be the online scene, I don't know what it's like on console but there are plenty of clubs that take the racing seriously which will rapidly increase your skill level racing on the same track as them.

10. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Not to mention you'll get the taste of true hillclimb and tarmac rally. Impossible on playstation. There's an awesome Touge Community, the drift scene is about 650,000% more. Just more.

Take the game you know from console and amplify about 600%. That's what it is on PC lol.

11. PromasZanda

PromasZanda Rookie

Sounds amazing!

The PlayStation community is alive and growing I would presume but there's a huge gap in terms of skill level. I consider myself a novice driver (my best time on Nordschlief for example is 6:55 with the Huracan) but I'm willing/want to improve and I'm always looking for clean racing.