1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Interesting car/track combos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Slamdrunken, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

Hello everyone, i'm quite interested on what do combo of cars / tracks do you think will be fun to race, maybe people will try another combo rather than gt3/gt2 at spa.

for example RUF vs F40 but also the shelby cobra which had very similiar lap times .

or maybe the Zonda R vs the Mazda 787B, the mazda is a bit faster but the Zonda has ABS & TC which i believe it could even it out.

Maybe we'll get a server of pretty mismatched cars but with similar times & pretty good races out of it.

Leemstradamus likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EASTERNS Racers | Our goal is to provide clean, interesting single races and events. Feb 28, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Interesting plan from Porsche using Assetto Corsa Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Interesting find about AI strength in championship mode Oct 31, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Spinning -- Interesting Problem Possibly Resolved Jul 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Interesting new series on youtube Feb 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Interesting tidbits on Cobra 427 Jan 26, 2018
    Screens & Videos This is interesting Oct 16, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Interesting reflection. Jun 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Interesting PC update (plus DLC) due May 18th May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room I guess implementing of vive VR should be more interesting than i expected.. Mar 2, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Controller settings INTERESTING !!!!! Feb 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Interesting new fantasy track for AC (Toscana) Nov 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Some interesting stats on current VR state Sep 7, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Highlights v0.1: Log interesting moments in race by pressing a hotkey Sep 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Interesting video from Kunos comparing the Controller to Wheel... Aug 9, 2016

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The ruf, f40, 458 and Mp4 12c all can get very similar lap times and its possible to have some interesting races with all 4 of these.

The laferrari, Zonda R and 599 also can get similar times at many tracks but all have different strengths and weaknesses.

Quite a few of the street cars can be matched up and have some good racing. Just need to be careful as some are just too quick or too slow. Some tracks work better where the slower cars can compete thanks to better cornering but on some bigger faster tracks the slower cars will have no hope.

The KTM and 2 eleven are also fairly close.

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  4. Nao

Nao Alien

One of my favorite strange combo is X-bow vs E30 GrA :D . As long as GrA car has proper gearing/engine setup (SET2 gears and 103% power), both cars are pretty closely matched on most tracks, and it's that one matchup where X-bow is all about power and looses in corners lol.

5. hman

hman Gamer

Sls and the cobra is a good combo. Another good combo is the 2 eleven, xbow, and E30 Gra.

6. LuccaRing with Exige 240R S3 - a full field of those cars on that track is mega fun. Or to spice it up you can add some 1m Coupe, probably in S spec as well.

7. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

I tried to use the RSR world records to group cars for each specific track. I'll attach a rar with excel file with the current WR for each car and track. With the selection box at the top you can sort the laptimes "A to Z" and easily see which cars are close for that specific track.

The GT cars are always very close, but on many tracks you will also see the Ferrari 312T and the Formula Abarth close together (probably the Yardley McLaren too, but sadly it's not in the RSR database).
    The e30 DTM, X-Bow, Ferrari 458, 2 Eleven GT4, Yellowbird and F40 are within 1 second on Spa.

Some drawbacks of course:
    - this are WR times, the average person will be a bit slower. This effect may be more pronounced for more difficult cars. In a group of non-alien drivers you could add a difficult car with a faster WR than the easier cars.
    - RSR cleared the database a short while ago, I don't know how close the times are to the "true maximum". There arent even any WR's for trento bondone (go drive it if you want to get some WR's to your name ;)).
    - I exported the laptimes today, they will change. Some things will not work out, and other combinations can be a lot of fun too of course

Attached Files:

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Do that overview, but instead use the peak count of players around a given time. Maybe use the count one step higher and one lower, then average this.
    WR are often bs or likely to not have any truth for most racers, therefore making the times useless to compare cars.

9. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

You're right. The median laptime would be much better. I don't know how to efficiently export them from the rsr site though. I'm not going to manually look them all up (60 cars x 26 tracks = 1560 combo's...)

I've asked the RSR guys if they can help me get the data.

10. Turk

Turk Alien

Racedepartment have done some mismatched events. I'd always go for the car with the most downforce, cornering speed is king. The Tatus can defeat the huayra at silverstone despite it's lack of power.

11. cdaddy

cdaddy Gamer

Shifter cart and Joux Plane are a surprisingly fun combo.

12. Parkl

Parkl Gamer

Anyone has some like a excel of a power to weight ratio close ups? To get easyer on making combos....

Like F40 w/t 2,46 vs Ruf w/t 2,44.
    Or BMW M1 S3 vs BMW M3 e92 vs Lotus 240R I find it close.

13. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

bmw_1m;bmw_m3_e92_s1;lotus_evora_s;lotus_exige_240;lotus_exige_scura

Parkl likes this.