1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is gt racing popular?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Thomas Gocke, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

GT.jpg

I think this says a lot.

With Nordschleife around the corner this is heaven. Thank you so much KS !!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Coming back to racing Jan 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room I am trying to make a racing league! Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Crazy-Racing vom GT3 09.09. - 10.12.2023 Aug 17, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Global Motorsport Racing Aug 2, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC vs iRACING at Monza GP Jun 25, 2023

3. mibrandt

mibrandt Hardcore Simmer

Its great but tbh I think the GT cars are a little bit too stable which make them sometimes a bit boring to drive. I hope they will add some sort of depth to these cars in 1.0.

4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Well, to quote Marco:

5. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

I think I would prefer lower downforce and heavier cars in public racing, allowing different lines and more door to door action, maybe like GT4 cars. But the GT3 cars we have are great joy to drive, and imho the most believable GT3 cars in any sim out there right now. And of course KS will even improve them over time :)

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

There are quite a few gt4 cars coming

7. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

Yea, it's very popular, too popular, as there are too few open-wheeler servers up :(.

matjas92 likes this.
  8. Blame

Blame Alien

More popular than anything else and they're the best cars race as the competetiveness is at the top board.

9. Hany

Hany Alien

They are the easiest and most boring gt cars i've ever raced in any sim. The cars feel like 800 kg instead of 1250 kg and have extremely powerful brakes. No need to manage any wheel spin in corner exist. I really hope we get an overhaul for the gt cars. The road cars in ac are the best simulated road cars ever.

DrSmile, Buggi, Queequeg and 3 others like this.
  10. SirJack

SirJack Racer

The GT3 cars are customer cars....built for pro-racers as well as for amateur-racers. So the cars are built for 'easy' driving when driving not on the edge.

11. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

There are more than enough open wheel servers, they just aren't populated.

@ Hany seems like you are in the clear minority if you think GT3 cars aren't fun.
    But I have to agree, the road cars are really really good, my favorite is the M3 E92 S1.

I hope KS will make the M3 E92 car the demo car, on a popular track like Nürburgring GP and most important: MP available. I think part of LFS success was the MP enabled demo.

Me personally was a bit disappointed with AC tech preview.

12. Hany

Hany Alien

hehe I love gt3 cars but in ac they miss the depth in the handling.

Horus likes this.
  13. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Maybe you're driving them too slow... :eek::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :D

softgrip, Queequeg, TCLF and 3 others like this.
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

Regarding the M3 and more so the Corvette C6R I got the feeling that they are much lighter then the GT3's. And while the other GT's are rather easy to control without much risk of spinning the McLaren actually can get quickly out of control, at least with the standard-setups.
    Did you drive any GT's cars in reality?
    I mean this "GT cars are supposed to be easy to drive, so they are right in game X or Y" is no argument, same as "GT cars are much harder to drive in reality, so they are wrong in game X and Y", if their are no clear indicators/comparsions.
    Do you got any experience with GT's?I saw people arguing over X posts what is realistic and what not, while noone got any experience. But people here seem often quite sure about things without knowing what they talk about. Which is why I dont talk about it. :D

Im a newbe, but I can assure you that Hany is anything but slow. O_0

15. Horus

Horus Alien

GT is cool but I think most jump into them like kids at the candy store. It seems like they miss the beauty of the feel and subtlety of the road cars just for the outright speed of the GT/open wheelers. Like I say Kids in the candy store, always going for the biggest sweets not always the best. :)

Edit: @Hany I get what you are saying, the 'kids' might not, they are stuck in the GT cars. :p

16. Hany

Hany Alien

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

I drove a nissan gt4 spec car at silverstone for gt academy. I was in no way capable of driving at the limit with the amount of laps i got but the car felt much more unstable at the braking with abs on. Going back on throttle was more tricky.

Queequeg likes this.
  17. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Can't say exactly why but for me driving the GT3 cars is the most fun in AC... So it was clear which server settings i had to make :cool:

SirJack likes this.
  18. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Well, looking at real drivers they seem to fight the wheel alot more.

But maybe its because they get so much more info from the car, while we sim racers mostly have to see the car sliping before reacting?

19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I think that all the GT3 cars will get a big overhaul (physics) wise once 1.0 has been released. Marco said that the physics would be improved so I'm sure it'll be even better.

20. Blame

Blame Alien

physics have changed on all GT cars with the updates, they've gone worse since like July. McLaren still has that spin thing when you're not on throttle in high speed corners, Z4 has horrible brakes, car enters corners sideways, P4/5 brakes lock up no matter how much brakes you're using..

21. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Have you considered tinkering with the setups to suit your style?
    ~Bailey

Qwaribo and Queequeg like this.