1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is the nissan gt-r nismo supposed to be this drifty?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by william1141, Aug 2, 2015.

1. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i am serious, i didn't know that the GT-R NISMO was this drifty or better i couldn't take a proper corner without locking the wheels and completely fly out of the corner :( is the GT-R this slippery?

POLL:
    • yes this is designed to be the way like this
    • no this wasn't like all probably a physics problem
    • not enough downforce on the car

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Nissan GT-R turbo boost behaviour at Suzuka Mar 27, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GT-R Livery pattern deleted? Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 : missing GT-R logo texture Jan 22, 2020
    ACC Gameplay little default setup inconsistency on Nissan GT-R (2015) Aug 23, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Endurance lights and dash LEDs, Nissan GT-R Mar 9, 2019
    ACC User Interface Nissan GT-R data display timing makes no sense? Mar 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Nissan GT-R /C - the ultimate remote-control car for gamers Oct 11, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nissan GT-R GT3 slow start 1st gear Aug 13, 2017
    Sounds modding [AudioLoids] Nissan GT-R GT3 Jan 18, 2017
    XBox One Discussions The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Oct 12, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nissan GT-R NISMO pwratio wrong Sep 20, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nissan GT-R Nismo headlight LEDs Aug 27, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nissan GT-R Nismo Downshift Bug Jul 29, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI race - Nissan GT-R Nismo runs out of fuel May 29, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound, nissan gt-r gt3 Dec 18, 2015

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I find it hard to believe that people that havent driven one the same way you do in AC to actually answer this poll. Onboard cameras doesnt really tell how the car feels.

4. william1141

william1141 Simracer

well it doesn't matter because even in third person or on-board hood cam still gave me false results, can you drive through a corner with this car?

5. Sinterpuck

Sinterpuck Rookie

Sure it's drifty, i can get through corners normally if i try to tho.
    I have no idea if it's supposed to be like this in real life or not, the only thing i know is that i love it.
    This is just a short clip on how much fun the car is when you are aggresive with it.

6. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

I don't think its "slippery", I'd say its very wobbly and unstable.

7. william1141

william1141 Simracer

well sure i like the drifting but for example in spa i am taking corners SLOWER than the toyota GT-86 now

EDIT: i can accelerate even on full brakes wut? O_0 (oyu can watch me on steam livestream)

8. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

Here's the other factor - to determine if the car really is that drifty you need to determine that its not just the default set up.

Niki Đaković and yusupov like this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There was a problem with setup values with the initial release, they were changed with the hot fix.

I suppose any saved setups may still have the old values.

10. william1141

william1141 Simracer

wait you guys can change the setup? how?

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Just first feeling of it on Nords: I dont think this car is harder in turns than other road cars that have a lot of power.

Do you use factory settings? ABS/TC?

12. william1141

william1141 Simracer

ì am going to do a race with same level AI i will see if i can copy-cat on how they take corners
    oh and i do not race with any drivng aids

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

There is a reason that cars comes with ABS and TC.

Dude27, Octane and arthur666 like this.
  14. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i understand that reason but i don't want to be any slower than this or atleast i do not like it to be any slower than this

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Try to turn it on and see if you go faster or slower. :)

16. william1141

william1141 Simracer

alright than

17. cooknn

cooknn Alien

FYI, the GTR NISMO has AWD (AC has it as 4WD) which makes it pretty fun to sling/drift around corners.

Mogster likes this.
  18. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

I, too, find this car extremely hard to drive. And by drive I don't mean decent laptimes, I mean keeping it on the road. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think I can pinpoint my performace, or lack thereof:

1.) It's a 4WD, and I haven't got the slightest clue about driving 4WDs.
    2.) If I got the patch notes right, the car is under the influence of dynamic torque vectoring, which means that the way power is distributed isn't constantly set up before taking off, which in turn means that the car behaves differently in every corner, eliminating or producing oversteer on-the-fly, reacting to the combination of driver input and car placement.
    3.) It's a heavy-ish car. And I think that is the culprit. It doesn't seem as heavy as it actually is.

To me, this car, despite its gimmicks, is to be driven with the utmost caution. Especially considering the fact that the car "adapts" mid-corner. I may as well just totally suck at driving, which I wouldn't deny, but maybe the car gets confused by my muscle memory, or vice versa, coming from "dumb" RWDs.

Lunae, Minolin and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i am 0.205 seconds faster with ABS and TC (i was lucky in some corners though)

20. william1141

william1141 Simracer

well i took an challenge to slalom overtake 20 toyota GT-86 cars and i failed miserably heck i became last place XD oh and i am pretty sure 4-WD cars should have more control on the road not less

21. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

seems to take lots of meters to brake. can anyone determine if the brake distances are correct?