1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is the nissan gt-r nismo supposed to be this drifty?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by william1141, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...well, you'll need to brake on straight instead of brake in turns. Yesterday there was a thread about xBox Controller, and I took out my DualShock 4 to test it with game, here is result, "Black vs White" @ Alien difficulty:

Hope you'll manage it...

Cheers...

2. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Mogster and liakjim like this.
  3. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

That was painfull to watch

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It does demonstrate how easy it is to get into trouble even at low speed, with a car like the GTR there's just so much power on tap.

People regularly post that a real car doesn't spin at walking pace, doesn't understeer at 30mph. Well videos like the one Kristaps posted prove that they can if they're driven badly...

mane2907, Atle Dreier and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. D1visor

D1visor Alien

The Nissan GT-R Nismo has outstanding grip and traction, until you go off the road or spin that is. Then you travel faster then a falling brick into the nearest Wall/Barrier/Ditch/You name it.

Atle Dreier likes this.
  6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

that pretty much sums up why I think these kind of cars shouldn`t be just sold to every idiot with money ... most of those drivers didn`t crash just cause GT-R is hard to drive ..

mane2907, Mogster and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

They crashed because the GTR has lots of power which can get you into trouble if you don't drive moderately sensibly. The same way you can easily over step the limit in the AC GTR.

The sorts of people you see in the video wouldn't have had those accidents in a. 1.3 75bhp Punto. They'd probably still have accidents but not those sorts of accidents...

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep .. specialy those playing Need For Speed on the highway or Tokyio Drift on parking lot, driving reckleslly or in a wrong line ... or just speeding for purpose of driving fast cause they can ... i`m not saying having powerfull car is not part of it (that why I say "just cause"), but mostly it is cause of their mindset .... (there is a fisrt part of that video I watch right after so I`m probably mixing those 2 vids together .) .. but at the end it is you being idiot not driving those cars moderately sensibly (if I may borrow your words) in traffic full of "slow" probably average drivers

about that punto: exactly .. that is why you shouldn`t be able to buy those cars just cause you have money ... nobody needs more than 200HP (heck you don`t need more than 100-150, depending on weight of a car, special purpose cars excluded), you wanna more, prove you can handle it .. we have 4 categories for motorcycles ..there could be more than one category for cars based on power ... 16 year old kid in Punto wont make that much damage that he will in 600HP, 1700kg heavy sports car that has kinetic energy and mass to kill almost everyting on the road

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Mogster likes this.
  9. Ax|xA

Ax|xA Racer

AC in game - RWD only?

Guys is something wrong with my Assetto Corsa's Nismo GTR cause I've messed around on a track and finding it only power its rear axle.... Can you guys try and tell me if this is what you see: When trying to do a burn out against a wall?

Line up with hood to a wall - clutch and accel so you're spinning the tires - I only see my rear wheels move.
    Line up with tail to a wall - clutch and accel so you're spinning the tires - I only see my rear wheels move.

If you take the Audi Quattro and do the same, you'll see ALL wheels spin at the same rate.

10. Lunae

Lunae Hardcore Simmer

It has active differentials, probably switching the power only to the rear when it feels like its the way power will transfer better, aka your case.

11. The simple fact is that people should not be driving at crazy speeds on public roads. I dread to think what speed the car that hit the pole was moving at, but I hope that the driver got away with it.

12. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

If only that GT-R driver had spent a tiny fraction of his money on a primo rig and a copy of AC, he'ld have gotten his speed fix before he got on the road. ;)
    I'm always afraid I'll encounter one of these idiots on the road one day.

In all seriousness, I'm a calmer driver after driving on my PC. Gets it out of my system.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015