1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is the nissan gt-r nismo supposed to be this drifty?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by william1141, Aug 2, 2015.

1. rainey06au

rainey06au Hardcore Simmer

Whats wrong with the GTR? I'm loving it! Absolutely my favourite sim car of all time.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  2. Berry

Berry Alien

@scampy71: Yeah, I don't think the high-pitched sound is accurate either, but eh, I suppose Kunos knows better, I've never heard the Nismo version in real life, so...
    Oh, so the GTR's wrong after all :(. I've just got the hang of it, I quite like it like this to be honest, here's a lap on the Nordschleife of me man-handling this thing :D

3. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

The sound is weird lol I dont think this is the sound right sound for GTR ))

4. D1visor

D1visor Alien

It's not 1800kg at least according to the game.
    [​IMG]
    According to Motor Trend, it's 3881lbs or 1760kg
    [​IMG]
    Maybe it's a typo and it's meant to say 1730 :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    F430_458_F12 and jc1993 like this.
  5. busy

busy Rookie

Wiki says 3840lbs (1,740 kg) for the base model and 38lbs less for the nismo.

6. VallinKenel

VallinKenel Hardcore Simmer

The weight in the menu is a typo. In game it's just over 1800kg (including driver) :)

Quite a fun car to drive :cool:

Lunae likes this.
  7. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Man is the car understeery! I've driven in a friend's before, but of course not at track speeds, never felt that much understeer mid-corner.

8. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Hmm, weird, for me it's not very understeery it's like on rails! You do have to steer quite a lot especially in low radius corners though.

9. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Well, there is some snap oversteer, but it's hard to get. Difficult, not stable under braking, but it refuses to turn under power. Absolutely refuses.

10. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

What was the actual bug?

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  11. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I don't find it unstable under braking or refusing to turn under power tbh.

12. Berry

Berry Alien

It absolutely nails corners, it reacts immediately to power, it rotates when and how you want it to, maybe too much sometimes.

Robin_NL, D1visor and Mogster like this.
  13. mms

mms Alien

I'm getting really confused now, it understeers for some, oversteers for some others, and it even does both at the same time for some anothers :p
    I'll really have to take it for a ride today :)

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  14. Berry

Berry Alien

Because this car is different depending on the driver's inputs, no other car reacts like this one, if you don't touch that throttle before, into, and out of the corner, you're going to get a heavy lump of understeery poop :p.

F430_458_F12, Robin_NL and Lunae like this.
  15. D1visor

D1visor Alien

You don't corner with this car you "carve" your way around the track. And once you get in tune with it....oh boy :eek::rolleyes:

16. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I just tried it on NS endurance, oversteery under power like a rearwheeldriven car but not straightening when you keep the power on(like what's happening in an AWD) , you have to do that yourself. it's almost as tailhappy as the (AC) 1M. Heavy it is, but I like it...a lot. Nice sound as well. But it's probably not the way it's meant to be , because it's an AWD car...it doesn't feel like one, that's for sure. Strangely I find some comments here totally the opposite from what I'm experiencing... but the OP is 'right', it's oversteery.

Cheers
    Robin

nijeat likes this.
  17. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

@D1visor
    you are not looking at the right data, they could write there that it weights 1kg, physics engine doesn't look that, it is only UI part. You should enable car engineer app in game, and see what stands there.
    I'd imagine what a beast would GT-R be with 1350kg :)
    Cheers...

18. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Agree.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

tried the car for the first time today, i quite like it. its certainly going to take a bit of practice to learn how to drive it properly though. scary under braking at first, and the poor engine has been abused from me downshifting too early :p

looks like it might be able to compete with the 458 quite well at monza, i will have to give that a try soon

petesky likes this.
  20. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

There are definitely issues with the car. The best time for the car currently on RSR live timing is 10 seconds slower than the real life time. Many of the Nordschleife times are 10+ seconds quicker than their real life counterparts. It makes a lot of sense to be faster in game since the records are set with unrealistic grip levels, but to be that much slower points to issues with the car.

Or maybe Nissan cheated on their time.

CCX likes this.