1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there an option for auto throttle lift/cut during upshift gear change?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Freeo, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Freeo

Freeo Gamer

Hi

As suggested in the title, is there such thing for non sequential gear boxes? Cars like the Zonda have it when I click the paddle to up shift, but not with other cars like the atom or BMW etc. I only have a thrustmaster F430 wheel so only paddles not gear stick or clutch pedal like g25. I would prefer this to be at least optional so casual racers with a cheaper wheel dont need to lift the gas pedal while there's no clutch pedal to press. Cheers.

earlyapex likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Pit Limiter not first option in MFD / No auto change to Pit Strategy when entering pits Nov 16, 2020
    ACC User Interface Option to automaticaly save replay Feb 29, 2020
    Suggestions Autosave Previous Tune Option Jan 10, 2018
    Suggestions Automatic Lift as Option (+ unrealistic powercuts) Dec 2, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Auto Contrast/Video Options Aug 27, 2016
    Suggestions Feature req: option for auto save last setup when exit Jun 24, 2015
    Suggestions Add an option to automatically save replays to hdd after a session ends. Mar 29, 2015
    Suggestions Auto glance on steering option Jan 27, 2014
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions no option for private lobby's in PS5 ACC Aug 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot find option to invert clutch? Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting FATAL ERROR on click gt challange 2022 option in VR Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel works in first level options - but not when about to drive? Oct 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

What is wrong with the Auto clutch/Auto blip option in the realism tab in the launcher? Or was it that what you are searching for?

4. Freeo

Freeo Gamer

No it is not what I'm after. What u r referring to is for downshift throttle blip. I would like to know if there is throttle cut when upshift in a non gt car. Eg. The Atom or e3.

5. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Hmm, I had no problem upshifting the e30 without lifting the throttle when auto clutch/blip was enabled. Did something change? Need to try again.

6. Freeo

Freeo Gamer

If i upshift without physically lift my gas pedal, the engine will free rev and end up doing what's know as a clutch kick. My auto clutch and blip options ARE enabled. Also i have tried turning them off. The results are the same when up shifting.

7. some1pl

some1pl Alien

But that's what you do in a car with manual gearbox and clutch. You can't just floor the pedal during gear changes.

8. Freeo

Freeo Gamer

But I'm saying I don't have a clutch pedal and a gear stick to simulate real life manual driving. Thrustmaster F430 wheels are basic ffb wheel package. So for us pov sim racers, is there an option for throttle cut when up shifting?

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't see the need for this. Just lift when you shift gears, or drive a car with a semi auto tranny.

Backmarker and Ricky Reject like this.
  10. some1pl

some1pl Alien

You have the gas pedal and working right foot, haven't you? ;) Then you can lift off during gear change just like a person with 2'000$ sim hardware with clutch and H shifter. There is no need to make another game option for that.
    If you really want to simplify things, you can turn on automatic gear changes in game.

Backmarker likes this.
  11. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Kinda have to agree...steering and throttle management, imho, is the bare minimal required skills in any driving sim.

Backmarker likes this.
  12. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

I do this with the X360 Xbox controller so it's perfectly fine to learn to use the throttle properly

13. Freeo

Freeo Gamer

Hahaha taking the piss out of me! Enable auto gear change? I'm not that bad with race sims. But I'll just have to work my right ankle bit more then. All good.

Backmarker likes this.
  14. Autoclutch didn't work for me in version 0.20.5. I should be able to upshift in a car like the M3 E30 without touching the clutch pedal with autoclutch enabled, but it wouldn't work. I don't need it myself, but I was rather puzzled that others didn't seem to have a problem with it.

15. iVG

iVG Alien

Because lifting your foot off the throttle is so harddd......

16. Mizzourah

Mizzourah Rookie

:) Way to take it in stride. I hadn't really noticed clutch kick until the new Lotus came out. Really need to lift on the throttle when shifting mid-turn in that car. I've a T500RS + TH8RS, but there is a part of me that is having trouble finding the compulsion to use non-paddle shifting.