1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just Bought a GTEYE Brake Pedal Spring for G25.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RelapseUK, Dec 10, 2013.

1. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I am just wondering if any of you chaps have got this spring and then moved the original brake spring to the clutch and the clutch spring to the accelerator?

My Question is, more to do with moving the clutch spring to the accelerator? I have quite a heavy right foot and wonder if the increased pressure helps to modulate the gas input or whether it makes the pedal too heavy and therefore tiring to use?

I generally play in barefoot or with socks... in case that matters.

I only want to open the pedal housing up once so any feedback you guys can give so I can make an informed decision with would be great.

Also, has anyone changed the pedal faces to something a little less cold and slippy, rubberised or similar and what recommendations do you have.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Just bought a Logitech DD G PRO wheel Dec 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions I just bought an acer nitro 5 May 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bye console , I bought an acer nitro 5 May 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting I Just bought the game , It wont open [Corsair driver issue + doc folder synced under OneDrive] Oct 31, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Umm so just bought the game and cant see any shadows on cloudy and rainy etc. weather. Feb 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bought the GT4 pack but cars still locked Sep 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Just bought ACC to test on PS4 Pro after awful Xbox One X experience! Jun 24, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I've just bought the game and on start up there's an error message. Jul 16, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game wont open Jul 15, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just Bought the Game. Won't Even Open Jun 22, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues bought the game on 2 steam accounts but same profile. Help. Apr 20, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game and it wont open at all Apr 1, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought game, instant crash Mar 1, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Its been a month since i bought the game and i still cant play online Feb 18, 2018

3. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

I can only comment on changing the clutch spring to the throttle pedal. I also only race in socks and found that when I tried it I quite liked the feel, but it was slightly to heavy for sustained lapping or long races. A spring with tension somewhere in between the current clutch and throttle would probably be ideal.

4. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

5. dbkattack

dbkattack Rookie

Can you give your feedback regarding the GTEYE break spring ? Do you feel a big improvement ?
    I was thinking of buying this too.

Thanks.

6. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I will report back here once it arrives and I have fitted it.

If you are considering purchasing one, I got mine from a French company on eBay for £18.50 Delivered. So not a massive investment

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I cut a bit of rubber and stuffed it into the spring. Cost nothing and feels like a proper brake pedal now.
    You may have to recalibrate the pedal, depending on if you lose any travel. I lost about 25% travel and used dxtweak to recalibrate the pedal.

8. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Was this in addition to the upgraded spring or instead of?

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Nope, just the original spring with a piece of rubber inserted into it. Works like a dream.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Years back I had a Fanatec wheel and when it had passed on, I surgically removed everything of worth down to some high density foam I drill a few holes through it till I had the right pressure for myself with the G25 throttle. I have not swapped it over to the G27 (laziness nothing else) but it really did improve on the pedal feel, and no it will not tire you out unless you make the pedal over strong, which would be rather silly unless it is the only exercise you get. :D

11. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

You are absolutely correct. Clutch spring has too much tension for an accelerator. Tested it before I screwed the whole case back together. However, the brake spring makes for a perfect clutch :)

12. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

So, the spring arrived and I have now fitted it. Took about 20 mins including moving the stock brake spring to the clutch and is quite simple to do.

The brake feels more realistic in terms of the resistive tension, although I am now having to re-learn after nearly 3 years of using it in stock configuration. But my initial feeling is that going forward it is a cheap and worthwhile investment. In AC for instance, the lotus single seater is easier to control under braking as I have to push really hard to lock the brakes up. Whereas before, I had to guess how for to push the pedal to find the lock-up point which left me correcting and searching for the lock-up and then usually running off into the kitty litter.

The biggest problem I have now is that because of the additional force required to operate the brake pedal, my office chair moves backward, imagine not having your seat locked into position in a real car, it's the same effect. :) I may need to invest in some replacement castors that have brakes on them. :)

Or, I could try and persuade 'She who must be obeyed' into the merits of my buying a race seat, although I know how that conversation will end before it starts o_O

Mayzei, gandlers and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I know how you feel. My office chair is on laminated flooring so I have to pull the wheel to stop me flying across the room every time I brake. As secure as the wheel is, I'm certain it's going to come off in my hands one day and I'll end up out the window.
    I've found myself in interesting positions trying to catch glasses, bottles, VDU's (anything not tied down), from falling off the desk! :eek:

RelapseUK likes this.
  14. Horus

Horus Alien

Flat chair feet (flat castors)! I had the same problem before I got my grubby mitts on a none slip chair. :D

P.S. I do miss the sense of g force when you slam your foot on the throttle and the chair is propelled backwards, ah! the good old days. :)

RelapseUK likes this.
  15. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

16. Horus

Horus Alien

I have a pack of five of these, you pay for the postage if you would like them. I can get them to you as soon as the Royal Mails can get them there. UK only as it would be cheaper to buy them new than post them world wide. :)
    [​IMG]

The ones I have are slightly taller, roughly twice the height. I have to say they helped stop me flying around the room when racing. :)

RelapseUK likes this.
  17. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I have PM'd you Horus Or started a conversation as I believe it's called on this forum ;)

18. I've convinced the wife to get me an Obutto race seat next month for our anniversary. Won't be sliding around in this chair much longer!! Woo Hoo!!

bigbawmcgraw and Horus like this.
  19. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

NICE! not at all jealous :rolleyes:

20. I bought a gteye 2 days ago for my g25 pedals and i cant stand it , im a bodybuilder so im fairly strong but that spring was too much . Im going to buy a set of fanatec clubsport v2s with my christmas money lol.

21. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I understand how you feel. I wish I could afford Load cell peddles too but this is about as far as my budget will stretch right now. Whilst the GTEYE spring isn't the last word in realism, far from it, it certainly is an improvement over the stock spring. Apart from the afore mentioned chair movement.