1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just Bought a GTEYE Brake Pedal Spring for G25.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RelapseUK, Dec 10, 2013.

1. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

I use the gteye spring but just changed that out & left gas & clutch alone.
    The brake spring is VERY stiff and will take some getting used to
    On very long tracks with a lot of braking my braking leg gets a bit tried.
    All in all it was a huge improvement in repeatable braking
    Probably the most effective mod 4 the money

RelapseUK likes this.
  2. has anyone combined the GTEYE with a rubber stopper? I am considering picking up the mod even though I think my stopper mod is a pretty decent solution now....anyone move away from a homemade to Nixim or GTEYE?

3. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I think the GTEYE was a great buy. I have not bothered with a stopper at all.

I find that you really have to press the pedal hard to get full travel, your brakes will lockup long before you hit the spring limit. I find that just a very light touch is needed to make most controlled braking moves. The only time I slam on the anchors is when I run out of talent usually ;)

4. zamex23

zamex23 Simracer

ReplapseUK thank you for showing us this mod, i will defiently buy it on the end of month. :D I find it very difficult to drive it on a stock break spring, to light for my 12o kilos of mass :D

RelapseUK likes this.
  5. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

You are most welcome :)

It does take a few hours to get used to the new pedal resistance. Like I said, you only need a slight touch in most cars.

In AC I have set the braking slope slider to 1:1 (All the way to the left). This seems to give a more linear response. The biggest noticeable and immediate difference was in the historic SS Lotus where on stock spring I was locking the brakes without even trying. Now I find the lock-up point far quicker and am able to respond in a much smoother and faster way.

Enjoy :D

6. kobus999

kobus999 Rookie

Also have the GTEYE mod in my G27. Been about 18months and very happy with it. The firm brake response takes a short time to get used too - but feels much better than stock spring.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RelapseUK likes this.
  7. crimespree

crimespree Racer

I've left the brake gamma as it was and am happy with it. 2.4? The gteye firms up at a particular point in the spring compression and so long as the locking point is in this firmer part of the pedal travel all will be good. It won't work as well if you are locking brakes in the first part of the spring travel so i think it makes sense to have the rate effectively ramp up at the end of the travel like it is with a higher gamma.

RelapseUK likes this.
  8. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I have this mod too and while it's better than the stock pedal spring, we still need in car setup options (for the race cars) or global options for the street cars the ability to reduce the brake pressure so that our lock point for each car! is in the firmer part of the pedal as you explained already without having to mess about with gamma settings.

RelapseUK likes this.
  9. crimespree

crimespree Racer

Lock point will change with speed so it can't be done. The gamma adjustment is the best that can be offered.

10. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Do you mean that on the fly breaking pressure cannot be achieved or setting braking pressure before the start of a session in setup cannot be achieved? Because the latter has be implemented in numerous Sims to date.

11. crimespree

crimespree Racer

No I mean it's pointless because how hard you need to press the pedal will vary depend on vehicle speed and aero downforce etc... If a car had enough braking power to lock the wheels at 300kph it would require more pedal pressure than it would to lock wheels at 40kph. Especially so if aero is involved.

12. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I may be wrong, I usually am :oops: but, I thought the whole point of brake pressure adjustment is so that you can, in essence, remove lock-ups completely? So that if you, lets say for example, set brake pressure to 50% a full stamp on the pedal will only exert 50% of the the total potential system pressure and so on?

For some people this may suit their driving style more.

esox71 likes this.
  13. crimespree

crimespree Racer

You could do that and it would effectively work. But you would stop slower. At high speeds you might want very close or up 100% then you would want less braking force the closer you get to stopped. Make sense?

14. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I tend to brake earlier than most in to corners and trail brake in to bends. Slow in Fast out has how I have been taught. So I don't really use full brake travel often unless I run out of talent, which is most of the time ;)

15. crimespree

crimespree Racer

May work for you but in my kind it is inherently wrong, more from and actual Motorsport perspective rather than a realist sim perspective. I'd want the whole force available at any time!
    Good luck :)

16. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Nixim one was made first. Springs made in Yorkshire, I'm sure there's a good review on insidesimracing. You can buy from ebay.

17. Yeah, I am in the US and I am struggling to pull the trigger on a couple bucks worth of materials. Don't get me wrong, I am sure its a great product but I wish I could find a spring supplier here and not have to absorb shipping costs... Right now I have a rubber stopper that gets me decent progression but not until after 80% pressure.

18. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

http://www.apelectrix.com/

I use one of those *points at link* with my G25 pedals. It takes a bit of getting used to as there's virtually no travel and it takes a fair punt to use even if calibrated for a shorter range. Fitting was trivial, and that's coming from someone whose practical skills start and finish with software. I find it a massive improvement over the standard pedal, but I'd imagine there'll be someone along in a minute to say how awful they are - very much a personal preference thing.

19. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

This sounds as though it would be counter intuitive to my personal preference. I like having pedal travel. Muscle memory from years of driving etc. However, If I had known about this before the SPring upgrade, I may have taken a punt at it :)

20. I've been using the GTEYE for about a year and highly recommend it. It's not the same as a load cell but for $20 it's not too far off and is much better than the stock G27 brakes.

Because it's a metal spring with varying coil space it offers a more graduated brake pressure and is longer lasting than a rubber stopper like the Nixim mod.