1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kickstarter campaign idea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Craig Trickett, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

I've been thinking that it could be a good idea for Kunos to raise some extra cash to pay for some of the features that we all want to see.

Suggestions for future improvements could be added to a forum thread and a survey can be sent at the end of the campaign which allows KUNOS to see which areas the backers most want.

Some ideas as to what the kickstarter campaign could help pay for;

Super easy mode (as per F1 2014) :)
    Weather / Night driving
    Steam Workshop
    Additional DLC
    Any other ideas from the community

Rewards for backers could be
    a general thanks from the KUNOS team
    DLC access
    season pass
    AC branded clothing (as seen at Nürburgring)
    VIP visit to Kunos to see developers
    VIP visit plus track day with developers?

I'm pretty sure that a sum of cash could be raised for the team through this and obviously the community would benefit from the additional developments.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Isle of Man - 3D Scan - Kickstarter @ 5% Apr 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Open wheel fan (wind in yer hair) kickstarter Jun 30, 2014
    Bug reports Campaign pit.. Mar 19, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Campaign for the Ferrari 312 P ! Jun 23, 2017

3. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

I'd expect 90% of those things to be included in my original purchase price :eek: - the rest sound like good idea for prize draw competitions AND no super-easy mode ffs! :mad:

Reyeshe, nate, tkrisz2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Your purchase price (as per any other game) wouldn't include any of those things. Weather, night driving and steam workshop are all nice to have but not confirmed as yet.
    As for super-easy mode I was being sarcastic on that one.

My idea was more to give Kunos extra resources to make the game into what it can be.

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Easiest thing to do is buy more game licenses.

Radfahrer likes this.
  6. I dont want more licenses though and nor does anyone else. At least these (or any other ideas for rewards) could incentivise players to part with cash to increase development on this game.

7. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

I want to see a finished game that I paid for before considering anything else, let's not get ahead of ourselves here - I wouldn't consider parting with another penny until then

Ray HT and Nyowa225 like this.
  8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I don't think steam workshop is that wanted by the modders. I've read on multiple forums that you'll have a lot of legal issues then (Can't name the cars their original names) and I've even read that Steam/Valve gets some rights to it or something like that. Not sure though, could be wrong ;)
    Weather/Night driving will probably be included later on when most of the game has been finished. Don't forget that there are far more important things to be done yet. But I think they've already said some things regarding pit stops, night-day transition & weather.
    And about the additional DLC. I don' think they'll need a fundraiser for that. It's a DLC, people will pay for it anyway. It could help for adding additional content (non-DLC/payware) or hiring new staff members to increase the production rate at which the content will be created/released.

Queequeg and Eduardo Aguiar like this.
  9. Martyn

Martyn Racer

I think Kunos should simply open up an optional higher rate of pay scheme. For those that feel like they've underpaid, or want to contribute more because they can afford it and feel it's worth it there should be a mechanism.

I think there are a lot of fans here that would happily do that, just to be able to help in their own way.

Given the amount of money many of us will have dropped on hardware (in my case I've upgraded graphics card, RAM, steering wheel *and* shifter) to improve the experience, it seems mental that it's only £35 odd quid for the actual thing that we want to play, when clearly I'm prepared to spend more.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Rhino3 likes this.
  10. I agree on Martyns comment. I paid less than £35 for the game but considerably more on new hardware and simvibe etc.

11. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

There should be like a contributor DLC with no contents in it

12. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

IMO this is why early access is dangerous, you're already acting like we have a finished product & are looking for the next step....this game is miles from being finished & we paid for the finished product - they owe us not the other way around :confused:

Koen, Jebus, Eduardo Aguiar and 3 others like this.
  13. I think the problem here is that yes the game isn't finished, but weather, night racing and steam workshop have never been announced as part of the full game. Personally I'd happily back a project to get these added if they aren't part of the games scope.

14. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

Even those features you miss are nice, it´s not what the most of the players want, just like MP. They released it but most of the servers are empty or with very few players in it.
    The same goes to weather/time of the day and dinamic track. Most of the players will not use any of that, just racing in hot sunny day with grippy tracks.

I´m not talking about myself, just did some GT6 online-night-raining-race on Nordschleife last night. :cool:

15. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

What is it with people on here trying so hard to give away their money? I have never in my life bought something and seen so many people complain that they, in their mind, underpayed. If you have that much money burning a hole in your wallet, aren't there victims of a natural disaster somewhere you can donate your money to?

^this

You already bought something, let them deliver it to you before you start throwing more money at them.

And since when has the absence of all these things been due to money? I've never seen a blog post by the devs stating they want to work on night racing but don't have the money. As far as I can tell, they just don't have the time.

Also, those "rewards" you mentioned would eat up 90% of the money they got from this. How much would I have to donate before they flew me to Italy from the US and took me out on a track day? If I'm going to drop that much money, I can just buy another real car and race it at a real track. And since they'd have to spend so much of my 'donation' just getting me there, they'd only make a few bucks anyway while being forced out of the office to drive around with me, so they can't work on the game to boot!

Queequeg, Ethan Dean, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  16. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

Wouldn't you admit though Craig that it's unusual for these things pretty standard features to not be included in the game anyway? I would certainly look at all DLC (cars & tracks) when it becomes available but a weather add-on is something I'd expect for free as it's a standard part of racing & should be expected in anything calling itself a SIM. After spending so much on gear it might look like I'm being a bit tight but I'm just a bit old-fashioned & I want what I paid for delivered to me before parting with any more cash

Pansyfaust and Nyowa225 like this.
  17. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

I love this skepticism about AC, everyone is hoping that such a small team will deliver whatever feature they want in 0 to a little time and everyone is scared that they might get away with the money like all the best robbers out there, they're KUNOS, not Claudio Torres

18. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

In all honesty; yes, KS laid out their plans for the game before the whole lot of us grabbed for our wallets quite detailed and we liked what we saw which is the reason why we are here .
    IF and WHEN KS comes out with further DLC plans after having brought out their baby I´m going to consider the offer, actually it will be considered as a priority buy since I am so deeply impressed by this company and their extremely solid performance delivery each and every time .

Would I have bought a bigger/more expensive package had it existed ? Not sure, lads, not sure, since I saw my investment into KS as something experimental since I haven´t heard from KS or nKPro up until that date (although I made my way to youtube to get educated after poking around the early-access-page) . After getting informed I still saw the investment as something damn good and given the already laid down story of nKPro and my hopeful nature I just thought :"Lad, you gotta be stoopid letting that one go, since yer already missed out on GPL and risk-to-reward-ratio is potentially ginormous ."
    If the risk-to-reward ratio for a "bigger package"was as insane as it was in the starting offer it would have been the same no-brainer as the early-beta-access, basically .

Having thought that I went to buy AC .
    Having it bought and getting it delivered was one of the best, if not the best, gaming decisions I have ever made in 26 years of playing electronically .
    Having said all this, I´m telling some more : Isn´t it totally in the range of possibilities that KS will expand on Assetto Corsa once it stands on it´s own feet ?

^^

19. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

That`s a crazy idea , like others have said WAIT till the game is released completed , then if kunos want to charge us extra for weather . night etc WE have the option to pay for it !........
    How about you donate your wages to the team each month ? , I`m happy the way its going now ,and I think a lot of other people are as well .

Eduardo Aguiar likes this.
  20. Pansyfaust

Pansyfaust Gamer

I'm sorry to say, but asking for donations/funding for a game that people have already paid for is possibly the worst idea I've ever heard of. If that were the case, then why are we even paying for the game in the first place?

Not to mention that Kunos already has a decent bit of money, and I'd imagine the only thing holding those features back is 1.) Time that is being spent on other features (such as AWD, better physics, maybe new types of suspensions) and 2.) Time it would take to develop things. Not to mention that a lot of those are simple graphical bits or bells and whistles, whereas Assetto Corsa seems to be great physics and a handful of other things at the moment.

Steam workshop is already going to be added, as stated by the devs IIRC.

Super easy mode is already in. The AI isn't particularly fast, especially on 80%

Weather and night driving are parts of a sim, but as stated above, are bells, whistles, and graphical improvements. These are usually features that are better left out until the game is very near to completion as they don't affect it too much.

Furthermore, I don't want to pay Kunos so they can charge me for future DLC that was funded with my money. Why would you pay a company to charge you? I'm sure even Kunos has to think that idea is asinine.

Queequeg and Ray HT like this.
  21. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Craig, 337 games, I`m impressed, just chill and wait for the DLC this will give Kunos the extra income.