1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ks and e3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Jun 17, 2015.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

A Ferrari DLC maybe? I would buy that :)

2. Turk

Turk Alien

It doesn't look like they're going to go down the road of a car maker packs. I thought they would with the Lambos but I see they've already split them up. I suppose it would make sense if your trying to sell DLC, somebody might not like a load of Lambos but if there's a range of cars in each pack you might be more inclined to buy it because of one or two cars you really want to try. I have no problem with a system like that, it means each pack will have cars that are different and unique to each other but that compliment what's already there.

There doesn't really seem to be any other theme to the DLC so far. Maybe they could do an F1 theme pack for the Ferrari with a few F1 tracks, we already know Barcelona is inbound.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It would be rather weird if they didnt give away the Miura for free since it started of as a mod just like the Shelby. But as you say, they might split it up in packs to reach a wider audience instead of some people doesnt buy a pack because they dont give a crap about that brand. A F1 theme is pretty much the same as specific brand dlc's in that case.

4. Hate to say it, but the 787B is one of the most inaccurate mods available..it is fun though and the model is beautiful.

I doubt we get that car until around this time next year...

I was hoping that we would get more info, specifically about what all is planned for 1.2, but as Aris explained, this trip was more for making business connections than unveiling new info.

5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Its possible I guess and it would sell well I agree. However what some companies might do is some highly desirable cars will be packaged together with some more less desirable cars. I'm not suggesting thats what Kunos would do, but marketing 101 states that in order to make the lesser things more desirable, you need to package them with objects of high value. Film companies do with with film boxsets. Package say for example two amazing films with three rubbish ones.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah im not a businessman but i guess that a ferrari license is pretty expensive for example while there is a lot cheaper ones out there. So bringing lets say a couple of expensive licensed cars with cheaper ones in a pack would probably get more revenue. :) Thats one thing thats pointing on what @Turk typed that there wont be a lambo-pack.

7. not much of news but just wanted to share a picture my friend sent me
    [​IMG]

8. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

The Ferrari license is actually with Turn 10 Studio's. However, they already announced a few years ago they let other companies/developers sub-license it, because they think it's better for the racing genre in general.

cooknn likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

So you mean that turn10/microsoft did kinda like EA did with Porsche? I would like to see a source about that.

edit. Did a quick google search and didnt read much about it but if this is indeed the truth the gaming industry is more of a cancer than i ever thought. Buy a entire license from a car company and "be kind enough" to let other people borrow it. **** it, and **** the car manufactors for this too.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  10. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Even though I can see your point, there's nothing wrong with an entire license being with 1 company as long as they're not hoarding it, like EA did with the Porsche license. In fact, it might be better for the smaller studio's, as I doubt that a game studio would ask more money for a sub-license than the actual car manufacturer would for the full license.

Also keep in mind that most of these exclusive (long-term) contracts date from a time where the game industry was in a very different state than it is now. Gaming is much wider accepted than it was 10 years ago, these days it's not your average basement dwelling nerd that hisses at any form of sunlight, but pretty much everybody games in some form. If the involved parties, EA and Porsche being a perfect example of this as we roughly know the license was agreed upon around 2001, signed for a long term deal, it may have been a really good idea back then, but in todays gaming environment it's a marketing nightmare.

11. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Could be Twins.. nearly :)

12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Cameras recording, maybe we'll see some video interview.

13. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

so Kunos team is at E3 after all.

what is the chance they are running AC on console already?

although that steering wheel looks like T500 so maybe just PC version previewing what consoles will get?

hopefully video is coming soon and more details about updates etc down the road.

14. burrito and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. esox71

esox71 Alien

Does the T500rs not work on ps4?

16. They are running AC on PC at E3.

17. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

What Ferrari F1 teaser? Where?

18. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

this one :

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

IRacing have said the same thing about any licences they hold, NASCAR primarily, none are exclusive as they don't believe in it.

There does seem to be licence issues with some current Ferraris. Kunos have hinted that the 348 GT3 and challenge cars people keep asking for are unavailable to licence currently.