1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos a modern FWD touring car maybe?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Isn’t that how all modern touringcars drive? *runs away*

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's not too hard... start clicking the minus sign in the rear wing and try.

fr13del, Leonardo Ratafia and liakjim like this.
  3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Well, fwd ones at least *also runs away*

fbiehne likes this.
  4. chakko

chakko Alien

Check this out. :p

And, yes, coming on the grass, and overbraking a bit might have contributed to the initial slide. The rest of it is pure speed/steering oversteer though.

5. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

And stiffen it up all around, more so on the rear.
    Bad news, Unless you go for a BMW most Touring cars will have a degree of understeer. The front wheels are doing most of the braking, the accelerating and the steering, it's pretty easy for the tyres to feel overwhelmed.

But in general, FWD car's are pretty stable these days, they lean more towards understeer but are fairly well balanced. The best of the FWD cars have a little bit of lift off oversteer that allows you to change the attitude of the car mid-corner, then keep your foot planted, let the diff do all the work.

6. those Audi are amazing FWD race cars! they have nothing to envy any WTCC or BTCC car, enjoy what we have already man

7. John Gordon

A front wheel drive car wont kick its rear out if you give it too much throttle. It will understeer. The only wat to get a front wheel drive car to oversteer is with weight transition. Lift off the throttle, weight goes forward, rear gets light, slides, use power to pull out.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

Yeah, i am aware of that. It's just that in AC, it seems the weight transition isn't quite as possible, because inertia seems exaggerated. Try to prove me wrong by drifting the Audi TT just like the FWD Ford Focus (i believe) in the video. I'd be curious to see. I always found it hard to "force" the cars into the corner by steering input in AC. Harder than in other sims, i mean. Also, and, especially, with the GT3's.

9. John Gordon

I'll make a vid this evening. I was using the VLN version this weekend on a server running the Red Bull ring. When I first got into the car it was very neutral. After a few races and playing with the setup, it now tries to come round on me if I back off mid corner.

The only think I will complain about is the lack of three-wheeled action. My real Clio will lift its rear wheel's very easy whilst cornering. I've not really managed to do this in the FWD cars on AC.

10. chakko

chakko Alien

In the BTCC mod cars, you often get a rear tire warning, when cornering, so, i guess that's due to lifting, and standing wheel in the rear. The BTCC mod cars also oversteer a bit more, maybe due to the default setups. Still. I've driven rFactor 2 a whole lot recently, and, like in iRacing, it's much easier to get the car to drift, or to turn in with steering inputs, than it is in AC, and, the car doesn't feel like an understeering pig most of the time either. IMO, there's something which isn't quite right there. Setup unrelated.

And, as we're talking about a Kunos sim, the same applies to netkar Pro, it's also much easier to get the car to drift there, and, when cornering, there's always a slightly loose feeling on the limit (like it should be, IMO). Note that i find the understeering behavior a LOT better in AC than it was in netkar Pro though, felt a bit off there.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

eh what. !? no?

12. John Gordon

I've said this many times on many forums about many sims. There is a lot more grip in the real world than you think. I don't know how much real experience you have on track, but even a good set of road tyres produce insane levels of grip. Add in a set of semi/full slicks and the grip is out of this world.

I'm not trying to put your opinion down, I just feel that you'd be very surprised how hard it would be to get some of the real versions to slide in the way you "think" they should.

aphidgod, Dean Ogurek and MsportDAN like this.
  13. chakko

chakko Alien

Fair enough. :) I'm gonna tinker a bit with the setup on the Audi TT cup, and see if i can get it to oversteer a bit. With the default setup, no way. Drives like on rails.

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I would have guessed the VLN TT has much more DF/aero. The FWD BTCC cars seem to regulary lose the back end and dont look to have such aggressive aero as that Audi. In my head they would drive more like the Kia Optima in iRacing :p

I think the Abarth 500 AC is the most enjoyable FWD race car in AC... so much fun!

15. John Gordon

After work, I'll send you my setup for the TT VLN. I'm no expert, but I've been tracking FWD hot hatches for years. Really got the TT to have that feeling of throttle steering mid corner.

16. Turk

Turk Alien

It took me a while to get the hang of the Audi TT but once I did I found it very controllable just in a front wheel drive way. There's a lot that can be done coming into a corner using the brakes to get it to turn in and if you get on the power early it does four wheel drift through the corner. It is very planted at the rear, I haven't done any messing with it, I just did the challenge at the nordschleife.

17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Real world driver: "My car was awesome today, it's like it drives on rails! Phenomenal!"

Sim racing driver: "This car drives like it's on rails. It sucks!"

We're a special bunch. :rolleyes:

sissydriver, fr13del, Jebus and 6 others like this.
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Jordan's also a very handy rallycross driver so he's used to driving one handed while looking out of the side window... :D

chakko likes this.
  19. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I've seen them race before the wtcc and etcc at the nurburgring this weekend.
    They look rather uninspiring compared to the wtcc ones.
    However this is just from a spectator's point of view.

20. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Mogster likes this.