1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Laptimes gt3 on nurburgring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by JesperGB, Oct 10, 2015.

1. JesperGB

JesperGB Gamer

i tried audi r8 lms ultra on nurburgring - and after a few laps i was running 2.04.000 - but looking at real world lap times in that car - then they are around 1.56.xxx - so almost 8 secs faster - has the cars been made too slow in assetto corsa? Or is there another reason - or am i simply too bad?

in rsr livetiming record in this car is 2.00.9
    So it looks like soemthing is wrong?

source:
    http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/..._id=5&filter_meeting_id=54&filter_race_id=286

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues GT3 too much understeer? Real laptimes... Oct 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Gt3 stats: a comparison of z4 and mp4-12c rsr laptimes at nurburgring and imola Sep 28, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting How (un)precise is the delta... And the laptimes ? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC Physics AI Laptimes Jan 30, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer race in wet, strange laptimes Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Driver overtake people while being slower and doing slower laptimes Dec 13, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Mazda MX5 Miata NA around silverstone national circuit laptimes Sep 22, 2020
    ACC User Interface Real record laptimes wrong in the menu Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer How do I view laptimes when a multiplayer finishes ? Mar 15, 2020
    Console Lounge Statement regarding my RSR laptimes Jan 30, 2020
    ACC Physics Difference in laptimes between dry and wet 1.0.10 Sep 26, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Insane AI laptimes after resuming saved games Aug 31, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Singleplayer Rating/ Laptimes/ Jul 1, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Skipping a session in career mode causes AI to set unbeatable fast laptimes Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Laptimes at Silverstone..something wierd.. Jun 10, 2019

3. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

It's you. Wait a few days until the better players do a lap there. People are already faster than real life on more popular circuits like Spa.

4. Henrique21

Henrique21 Rookie

they use the second chicane in blancpain series at least a couple second faster.

colombianomd likes this.
  5. So you hopped into a car you just started driving yesterday/today, did a few laps on a circuit, were 8 seconds slower than lap times done by PROFESSIONAL drivers with years upon years of experience, and you think the cars are made wrong in AC? I dont think its the cars/tire model thats bad, its people expecting to be as quick as real life lap times within 30 minutes of getting into a car. And this wasnt meant in a mean way nor was I trying to insult you or anything. I was simply putting things into perspective and showing that peoples expectations are all over the place. They scream for realism, which is what AC as a sim is going for, but yet they get upset when they cant reproduce real world lap times a day after getting into a new car/new track

William Sebastian and Haakonen like this.
  6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Blancpain uses Nurburgring layout with fast last chicane ... there you go ;)

7. yusupov

yusupov Alien

calm down uhntiss...maybe read all 5 lines of his post.

Aqib and donShere like this.
  8. I am calm, and i fully read his post. And i also put in there that i wasnt trying to be mean or anything. And i am seeing this in other threads, people complaining that their lap times are not as fast as what they see in the real world, and thus claiming that there must be something wrong with the sim. In this case, it seems it is due to them using a slightly different layout of the track, that part wasnt posted when i typed my reply. And maybe they are correct, maybe indeed something is wrong with the cars. Once again, not trying to start fights or anything :)

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

no, you are not reading carefully .. what he basically said is .. if fastest guy on RSR, which is probably some alien, bending and abusing game physics as hard as he can is 4 seconds slower than fast real racecar driver, it might be something wrong .. and it was .. different layout :) ...and I really believe that fastest virtual driver should be faster than best pro real driver ...and he would be probably average in real car ..

10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I don't know how far/close are the GT3 cars to the real life ones, but it's not the case here.
    Aside from the comparison with RL lap times, just the fact that you are 4s off the current WR tells me it's on your side.
    I did couple laps and did 2.01.2xx, keep in mind I'm far behind aliens and it was my first time in this car since it was released. BTW it's cool, just weird thing that default aero is 1-0 and you can't lower it while the car is very stable.
    I'm pretty sure when some alien decide to do some laps then the current WR will be beaten by couple seconds.
    With that being said... keep practicing. ;)

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

So we need the faster chicane at nurburgring. Makes more sense since we are mostly racing closed cars in that track, not f1. Like Barcelona track, we could/should have the normal layout without the f1 chicane.

12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

come to think of it its actually very strange we dont since its already ingame.

13. fair enough. you make a valid point

14. Research people, research.

Between a different layout and driver skills playing a role, not surprised. With the same layout that Blancpain time would be shattered.

15. JesperGB

JesperGB Gamer

Thanks - i didnt know it was a different layout - then it make sense :) I would be great if they also added that layout ingame - so we could try that too ;)

Mr.Mugel likes this.
  16. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

What about that the new GT3 cars Audi and Lambo are way faster then the old cars? From the old I only tried McLaren, which is cca 2 seconds slower.

17. Yah it seems as if the new cars have some nice specs compared to what we have available on the net about them. Blancpain site has the following for the cars.

Huracan:
    Engine
    90° V10
    DOHC
    4 valves per cylinder
    Race power approx: 365-412kW* equates to max 560bhp*
    Max torque approx: 500 Nm
    Displacement: 5200 ccm
    Power/Weight ratio: 2,5 kg / Hp
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 120L

Weight: 1230kg

Maybe the spec that Kunos used was earlier in the season, I remember looking at the site and it said 600bhp, maybe now it has changed. But now the car is the class of the field, can't be touched for pace on Monza. My questions now are about the old cars with new tires. The GTR for example is some 7-9kph slower on the straight at Monza, maybe that's due to the tire temps but I get a pretty good drive out of Parabolica and I still max out at ~274kph give or take. Where as before 280 was the norm. @Kunos I'm wondering if its possible to post what some of these cars "ideal" operating values are with regards to tires, maybe the old post where ever that may be is now obsolete with the new tire model. Having said that I'm able to drop the times with the GTR but extracting the performance is harder as I feel the car needs to be pushed more in the corners especially. I very much like the new tire model, you can 'lean' on the tire much more and the communication is improved a lot. Hopefully I'll find a way to make Godzilla the king of straights again.

Some of the seasoned fast guys chime in on this I'd like to hear your opinions. @William Levesque @Mitja Bonca

18. Hany

Hany Alien

Aris will look into it this weekend. The other gt3 cars should perform just like the huracan laptime wise but there is something going one that makes all gt cars have lower topspeed. The only car that kept its pace is the huracan.

19. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Indeed, I was wondering the same, why McLaren has no more speed... but I`m sure this will be sorted out soon.

20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

huracan won & i believe was fastest at the speed trap at monza, of course as you say that was some time ago now. i havent watched blancpain but theyre at zandvoort this weekend so it should be a good time to get some ideas of the current BoP there compared to AC's.

21. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It seems like there is too much drag?