1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Laptop or?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by brown58, Jan 26, 2023.

1. brown58

brown58 Rookie

Noob question here. Want to upgrade from an Alienware Alpha console, which is discontinued. Don't have room for desktop, and was wondering if I could use a laptop instead? I put my rig in front of a Sony 55" to drive, so HDMI out is a must. Does this type of gaming laptop exist? PC gamer so any regular console is out.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Risky Purchase - laptop VR May 6, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New gaming laptop AC massive stutters Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal error after installing NVIDIA driver [outdated integrated GPU driver on laptop] Nov 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Recommend me a Laptop Oct 17, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Can I Use My Laptop as a Server? May 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions PLEASE recommended a laptop Apr 13, 2019
    Screens & Videos Anyone have shadow play working in a laptop!? Aug 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Tv + laptop display setup May 25, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Laptop through hdmi to tv only displays 59hz Feb 7, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Question regarding gui apps displaying on a different computer/laptop Nov 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Laptop ideas? Sep 17, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Nvidia optimus laptop + fullscreen rendering = postcard view Sep 1, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Crashing after Start Engine (Lenovo laptop stuff) Apr 16, 2014

3. Stameni

Stameni Rookie

Desktop cases are not that big now, I would reconsider smaller case if the space is of such importance.

Powerful gaming laptops exists of course, but they are much more expensive then equivalent performance hardware for desktop.

If it must be laptop, go for 17” models because cooling space is very important when you cramming that performance in small package.

Look something like Alienware m17 R5, or latest Acer Nitro, or MSI GT77.. .something like that…

HSken and brown58 like this.
  4. HSken

HSken Rookie

Laptop and gaming is never good idea, first off they are much more expensive and even the fastest are not that fast.
    And then there is the big elephant in the room, the cooling, that's always an issue with laptop's, they will get hot and start throttling.
    I would strongly advise you to look into PCs and personally would do a diy build, you good some really good looking cases, like Fe: Fractal Design North or
    NZXT H210i...

unpierrot likes this.
  5. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

i used an hp omen laptop for around 2 yrs to run acc on an monitor,cooling wasnt a problem soundwise as i use headphones,heatwise those omen laptops had very good cooling, sure it isnt healthy for the system to run an laptop under full load for longer time... sooner or later battery life can be a problem (my battery died cause i always plugged in power supply)
    and if you connect/disconnect hdmi/usb/3.5mm ports regulary it can lead to mechanical issues