1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Logitech G29

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Firstcolle, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Firstcolle

Firstcolle Rookie

Hi,

with logitech g29 something strange happens:
    - brake pedal is non progressive and feels like a digital ON/OFF. any time i gently touch the brake pedal the brakes lock. with any car on any track.
    - the FFB is too soft even if i put all the "settings" at 100%
    - there's a huge dead zone where the cars start to turn but the FFB is inexistent.

with other games (on PS4) i have none of this problems... :(

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 FFB so weak in PS5 version Dec 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Pedals Are Reversed on PS5 Oct 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB Logitech G29/920 driving GT3 vs GT4 Oct 1, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 FFB broke with the latest update from logitech. (g29: 89.0.24) Sep 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 red dial Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 interfering with Logitech G29 Wheel Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 Logitech not working Dec 10, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Logitech G29 steering too sensitive May 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech g29 FFB Setting Apr 30, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 steering inputs are double what they should be Jan 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suspected Logitech G29 issue throwing out to pause in-game Dec 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 Button Settings Nov 26, 2020

3. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

I've just recently found out, that when you start the game and press all the pedals all the way down, it somehow calibrates them. It does help in my case, check if this would help in your case.

As for FFB, unfortunately I cannot help you with this. Maybe someone more experienced in AC will give you some tips!

Hope you solve your problems fast.

fox1971 likes this.
  4. fity-x

fity-x Rookie

I have with my G29 no problem with FFB. This is really good, better than at Pcars, although it may give you more.

Settings :
    FFB: 70%
    Curbs: 33%
    Street: 40%
    Drift: 0%
    Other : off

fox1971 likes this.
  5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

What exactly is this pedal calibration method? I vaguely remember something with older logitech wheels and this possibly but it's been a long time since i've looked into anything about the wheels and would like to test this for myself. When exactly are you pressing the pedals and how do you know that it is having an effect?

6. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

I've read about this here on the forums so I have absolutely no idea how this works.

Don't think it matters when you press them, it can be just after the game starts, main menu, or just before the race. No idea how to tell if it works, you can just feel it.

I had a problem when I was driving the F40, even the slightest touch on brakes would cause lock. Got annoyed with this and was avoiding this car until I read about this here.
    I've done it in the main menu and voilla, it worked.

I am just passing the message, it did help me, so it might help others. :)

fox1971 likes this.
  7. Diego043

Diego043 Rookie

I dont wanna open another thread but maybe moderator can STICK the thread and this help everyone.

I'm looking for good or better than defult settings for G29 wheel.

Default seting FFB sucks .
    IS it possible to get from you guys any seting and we can test it ?

New
    I mean PS4 ofc

8. Diego043

Diego043 Rookie

I mean PS4 ofc

9. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

I have to say I find it odd that there is nothing in the game or indeed anywhere else "official" that I am aware of (apart from an off the cuff comment I read in these forums by accident), to inform us of the need to depress the pedals to at least somewhat calibrate the G29 wheel set whilst in game. I don't know if this is the same for users of other wheels but it definitely works for the G29 and I can imagine many people are struggling with "light switch" type braking without any idea why.

Doing this will likely sort your braking issues at least @Firstcolle. The FFB issues I can't help you with except to say that setting everything to 100% is probably not a good idea anyway. From another thread that I don't have the savvy to link you to, my own and others "average" settings are much lower. I started with 100% because more is better right?. Wrong. I quickly came to the realisation that at 100% a) I would need the physique of an Orangutan to get a Fiat 500 through a hairpin and b) that amount of effort would likely fritz my wheel's motor in no time at all, even if I had the muscle to continue with it and c) it felt like ****. That centre ffb deadzone I agree with you about though. Car steers fine, so it's not a steering dead-zone, just a bit lacking in ffb around the centre, as you say. Varies a lot with vehicle, speed etc though.

fox1971 likes this.
  10. Hello,
    Maybe you turn off completely the ABS. You should put it in "Factory" setup. It's what I do and it's working perfectly.
    The FFB wheel is too soft compared to PCars, it's true.

11. enanoxiv

enanoxiv Rookie

mmmmm

Traks1 likes this.
  12. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

13. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

fox1971 likes this.