1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look to Apex

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Morne du Plooy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. alex72

alex72 Alien

Everytime you counter with the wheel then the camera will turn back and forth. Personally i rather have it turn in corners. But yeah, as option. Maybe both could be achieved.

2. Alan Barrows

Alan Barrows Gamer

I was surprised coming into AC that the game doesn't have look-to-apex yet. Seems like one of the first things you'd implement in a sim to me. Even coming from race07 where I'd only have a slight amount of it, like 5%, it's very hard to get used to the static camera.

3. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

I hate look to apex, it's like game decides for you were to look.

4. I would love this feature, but would prefer it on a button like look left/right.

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

We already have that. Glance left /right buttons. Pretty hard to use when racing at the limit though.

Its supposed to be an option so you dont have to turn it on if you dont like it. For those that dont have TrackIR for example that still want an equal function. And some have smaller screens and this will let them actually see the corners when taking them. So it has much uses - for those that want to turn the function on.

6. alex72

alex72 Alien

We need this one. I hope Kunos have written it down on the "to do list". When RHM mod stopped working after the new update i realize how necessary it is for us with 1 monitor and no TrackIR.

Have to go to bumper view now to see the corners. :(

For casual gamers that dont really spend a lot of money on triple screens, OR, TrackIR etc this function would be so good as you look into the corner in real life, and its good for us that are getting sim gear but arent there yet. Its just a fantastic function that brings both accuracy in driving and also tons of immersion.

Please Kunos, pretty please add it to your to-do list. :)

fabio3000a likes this.
  7. Tomskii

Tomskii Simracer

Another one that might be nice is facetrackNoIR, it's opensource and uses a webcam to move around and track your face. It's slower than Track IR but might be worth a try (also depends on your webcam's refresh rate as to how fast it can track you)

fabio3000a likes this.
  8. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah, i know of all those. Had TrackIR, triple screen, free track... But using RHM mod its just too good to not implement imo.

9. Tomskii

Tomskii Simracer

I know RHM is pretty good although it still confuses me from time to time :p

10. alex72

alex72 Alien

Hehe, i turned the thingy down at what point it turns your head regarding to how much you steer your wheel. So it didnt affect me on easier curves, but made me look into the harder corners. With some fiddling you can get it awesome.

If Kunos did it i would more want look to apex only. Not moving head when moving steering wheel. Its pretty bad when drifting for example. You keep looking left/right like mad while wrestling the wheel. :D

Of course looking to apex also means modded tracks also need a way to configure/set that for their tracks. Im seeing a lot of coding to get this to work... So, well see.

fabio3000a likes this.
  11. alex72

alex72 Alien

I actually thought about something. The way to maybe make this would be for Kunos to add 3 objects to add when creating a track in 3D programs which are coded for look to apex. Add 3 objects and call them maybe "LOOK_START", "LOOK_APEX", "LOOK_END" so the engine know when to: start moving the camera, when it should be max turned (head turned), and when it should end and look straight forward again. Between these 3 objects the camera smoothly turns starting with "look_start" and turns gradually more as it comes to max head turn "look_apex" and then smoothly start to turn back until its back to forward looking at "look_end".

This way mod tracks could add it too.

The reason look to apex is a bit better than steering wheel look (like RHM - great and needed mod btw) is that it will be even more realistic as it starts to look into the corner BEFORE you enter it. With RHM style it only looks into the corner when you start steering which you dont do in real life (well i dont - i start to look at the corner right before i turn).

Does this sound sane and doable Kunos? The idea i mean with placeable objects in 3D software (after the feature would be coded of course) - not that you should implement it asap or ever (but hopefully some day? Cause its a kickass feature). :)

12. BerScott

BerScott Rookie

I'm ok with that, but lot of people who come from older sims are used to steering look, I personally don't like at all look to apex because you can't decide when to look. I've been using the steering look feature for almost 10 years, and as I've said, if it is not going to be implemented I will not put my money here.

13. alex72

alex72 Alien

Decide when to look? So you move your wheel to look around? lol. You look when turning and use glance feature if you want to look while going straight. However, i guess both functions could be implemented.

PS. Better associate your steam account before Kunos wakes up and see your status. ;)

14. Octane

Octane Simracer

Please add this feature soon Kunos (w/ option to turn off for those that don't want it)

15. Sm1ggs

Sm1ggs Racer

+1. Look to apex

16. David125

David125 Rookie

17. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

it is a shame it's not available yet..!

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

real head motion is what you need: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-0-8-0.4755/

is much better than a simple slider of look to apex. Since with the app you have options such as smoothing, amount look ahead left/right/roll, pitch, angle. Then you can bind any button or axis from any controller, wheel, gamepad etc.
    In case you'll use it, let me show you settings which I think look nice and somehow close to a real motion: http://prntscr.com/5kylkq

BerScott likes this.
  19. BerScott

BerScott Rookie

Agree, I use this as an alternative and it works, that is just what I was talking about. But should be much better if Kunos take this suggestion serious and implement it as part of the main code. I do not understand how they are capable to implement functions like Oculus Rift compatibility and they don't have added the look to apex/steering look feature.

1.0 has been released and none of our suggestions has been taken. I've purchased it today and I have intentions to do some serious modding works (specially for physics) I'm in just because the Real Head Motion addon, if not I wouldn't spent my 30€ on a cripple sim platform.

I hope this lack of features will be eventually covered by the community, what makes a simulation big, no matter how much marketing you do, if I'm not happy with the features I will make my recommendations or not.

Cheers.

Quffy likes this.
  20. =TK=

=TK= Gamer

+1. :)
    Look to apex

Yust like in the good old GTR 2

fratennis109 likes this.