1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Looking for a rev counter app...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Biscuits, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Biscuits

Biscuits Rookie

Can anyone recommend an rev counter app that's more like the rev counter on a car, with numbered increments showing the actual rev count? I've been finding that I tend to judge it using engine sound as it takes than extra couple of milliseconds to decode the default AC circular bar/gear indicator.

If it shows the turbo pressure then all the better as I'm kind of hooked on getting to know the F40 so I find myself using the turbo gauge in order to reduce wheel spin in 2nd & 3rd gear. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Looking for Settings to HP Reverb - RTX 2070S - Ryzen 2700X Mar 7, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Looking reverse did not work for me Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Revs simracing uk looking to branch out to north america Sep 10, 2014
    ACC User Interface Looking for the view settings file Aug 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room looking for championship in belgium, france, england, italie Dec 22, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a Streamer for ACF1 Formula 1 Championship Oct 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck looking at car on race start Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Looking left and right Jun 17, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Newbie looking for guidance Jun 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Looking for part from Logitech G25 Jun 12, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Indy 400 / Looking for Participants! (RSS) Jun 6, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Starting a new ACC league, looking for members! May 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR impossible to get reliable and good looking grafics May 23, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a late night league in NA Mar 29, 2022

3. iVG

iVG Alien

Have you tried the OV1 ? I've always been using it along the the OV1 tyre app.

4. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

DONT USE OV1 INFO :) the devs say this many times it causes a lot of problems in ac

5. Biscuits

Biscuits Rookie

Thanks for the recommendation iVG, also thanks for the warning John. I'll take a look at OV1.

Can you explain what the problems are John, am I correct in assuming you mean the info part of the app causes problems but the rev counter is OK?

6. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

just many reports of it creating insane amounts of errors in the log files this results in wasted cpu time (stutter) it may have been fixed by now but from what ive seen it isn't try it and check logs :)

Horus likes this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

It makes lots of log files as the dev's need to sort out the apps side of AC. It still is one hell of a great app, OV1 is beautiful and when Kunos get the apps working properly OV1 will be at the top of the list for me. :)

8. Biscuits

Biscuits Rookie

Hmm the whole 3rd Party apps thing sounds like too much of a WIP for me. I'll stick with the default for now.

9. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

wise choice :)

10. I looked this up for you and found this. It offers a whole lot more than just the rev counter and I think I might download it myself! :)

11. iVG

iVG Alien

I don't have any problems with it. The GUI is bright and visible even without looking at the rev gauge/tyre temp HUD, I am able to determine when I'm close to the red line or if my tyre temps are too hot/cold. It may also depend on your CPU, mine is decent - i5 3350p @3.5ghz and a r9 280. I'm locked to 60 fps and apart from occasional freezes (which by the way are not cause by any app - lots of people experience it), I get no stutters.

12. Horus

Horus Alien

CPU 4GHz, loads of fast RAM, it has nothing to do with the PC's spec's it has everything to do with error logs. It's just one of those things that need fixing by Kunos. Still it is a great app and I will be installing it again when the bug has been fixed. :)

13. Biscuits

Biscuits Rookie

Is it easy to remove an app if it starts playing up or do they involve putting lots of files in different directories?
    I haven't had any issues with slow frame rate or stutter yet, also locked to 60fps. My AC install is default without any 3rd party add-ons or mods.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

Yes, just delete the app file that you install. Or disable it from inside AC. :)

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its only to delete them if you not satisified. Same same thing with modded cars and tracks.

16. Epocx

Epocx Alien

the standard kunos gears app works fine.

17. Horus

Horus Alien

It does but it is nothing like the beautiful app that is OV1. :)

edit: Why is it that Kunos seem to grab mods (AC Cobra) but not very well made apps? OV1 would be perfect for AC, it is so well made it would fit in perfectly.

jc1993 and Blamer like this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Kunos would need to spend money buying apps, when they may already receive donations and we can download for free. Kunos buying cars gives another visibility, because people look for cars and tracks, dont look for apps in game when buying the game.