1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER MONTH GOES BY WITHOUT PRIVATE LOBBYS

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DUNKY- DOPEUS, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OMG, do you actually listen to yourself, Hostility within the community between members was the main part of the point I made, and your response is typical, you even have the audacity to refer to me as some sort of child when you find it difficult to have a normal discussion without resorting to insults. Your attitude towards your fellow community members is childish and bullish.

No idea what you are referring to my friend I wasn't referring to any distinction between various consoles, but again your reply just makes my post more valid, so thanks for that, your reply rather than offer a valid point of view relating to the discussion at hand, tends to focus on trying to belittle someone, if that makes you feel, big,clever etc etc etc. then go you. you know fine well that PC elitist behavior I was referring to had nothing to do with consoles but you seen a chance to try and ridicule and you seized, or tried to at least. Why do you PC guys even turn up in the console section, as most(sorry to you normal humans that prefer PC) of you seem to revel in putting people down or trying to seem clever funny.

2. I can be childish, if, there is just one tread about this problem, and nothing clear about it.

Now, we all know, that, kunos works on this, (you can check it everywhere in the forum) so why posting AGAIN another boring coment? hostility, no, boring way to see the same sentences, yes.

You've got your point of view, i've got mine. point.

I'd like to see where insults? and if you are new, how can you know what is the typical answer from a xbx player?...

You have made a very pointless comment dude.

Reinart86, fr13del and Horus like this.
  3. I completely get your 1st point Pippo, as that situation is pointless and achieves nothing, but I think the main issue that is causing the unrest is the lack of information, statements like we are working on it, or it's in Q&A don't help, a rough time frame would be helpful or an indication if there is a particular area that's holding things up, and I think another main issue is that this isn't a new feature or unexplored feature, this is something that no other developer struggles with, people are just frustrated that there's obviously a lot of work going on behind the scenes, with all the DLC etc, (i get different staff members have different roles), when really a lot of people including me would prefer that all resources go towards online functionality first and foremost. I don't like complainers etc. and I get it that this has been discussed previously, but with every update that comes out and doesn't address this issue, the same thing is going to happen. I get that Kunos main skill set lies in programming good physics rather than complete game packages, but to address my point about how people interact with each other within the forum, you have put across your view point in a constructive mature manner, I think you miss the point of forums a little though as you talk about why making threads isn't going to suddenly give Kunos the power to put out x,y or z, it's a forum of discussion and people are within their rights to discuss anything they want to do with the game, but I do agree it's annoying if the same points are being made over and over.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

More and more silliness. Kunos have replied, replied multiple times and explained what they are doing and as such have answered this question. If you want them to communicate instead of work then nothing will be done. You say you are new to this forum yet straight off the bat you come in trying to start a confrontation between like minded people that just want the best out of something that has never been offered on the Consoles before (PCars, meh!). You want separation, division instead of everyone pushing forward in the same direction. You must realise that Assetto Corsa has been available on the PC for over three years and we have become accustomed to how Kunos work (You should have seen how many 'when is the next updates coming' threads years ago, they got deleted as fast as they were created). So we will allay worry by saying if the dev's only post once and say they are working on it, you can be rest assured they are doing just that. This is not a social media exercise in mediocrity, this is a support forum for the PC and for console users you really should be going to 505 Studio. So please stop with the divisive comments and understand that Kunos would be better serving you by doing their work first and communicating to the needy far less.

If that does not satisfy your needs then I would recommend getting a refund for AC and go play something else. Become an adult and do not expect someone to hold your hand at every step of the way.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Ischemica and Reinart86 like this.
  5. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

My experience with pc players has been them being the nicest and the most ready to take time out of their day to help me. Allthough this game doesn't have the need with the console version being stripped down at this moment. Other racing games with features being the same as P.C. they have walked me step by step thur options setting and downloading apps, and getting them working and so on. Cant speak for other types of games, but the P.C. sim racing community certainly do not look down on console players playing these games. Infact they seem to have sort of a , "let me show you how cool this is" attitude about the racing games.

Ischemica, paul_wev and Horus like this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

I could not agree more. Well said my Sim racing brother. :)

paul_wev likes this.
  7. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

...........................Its frustrating I know but these games doesn't work like that. Forget everything you know about how console games. These sim racing games are forced to work and develope in versions because they need to be made like P.C. games. With every other console game you can use words like unfinished and be pissed. With Sim racing games its just the current version of it and we are waiting for the next version of it and we will getting different versions for the next year. The mountain is so big to climb it has to be done in stages sort of thing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

That is the best analogy ever written for a sim racing game. Beautifully put. You win the internet for the day. :D

paul_wev likes this.
  9. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Mostly, I'm eager for the Audi quattro. And highland.
    At the end if the day, it is just a game. Enjoy what's there and look forward to what's coming.
    I like Assetto Corsa for what it offers as Sim, and I lament the features that I think are missing. But the staff seems to be working to bring the stuuf that we want. I can be patient and play my other games when I get bored with AC.
    Just my 2 cents

flyingcarrot, Sohail_16, @P73 and 3 others like this.
  10. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

I was about to post this on your other totally pointless repeat of this thread but they closed it but for what it's worth...

@DUNKY- DOPEUS this is really futile and a bit childish, you know it's coming, you'll just have to wait. I want private lobby's just as much as the next guy (or girl). Just have a little patience.

11. Just to give more credit to this topic (you'll spot the magnificence of the Hair)

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I was about to ask isn't it about time a new thread was started? Sure it would be pathetic, and childish, pathetically childish. Then i saw one had been started.

13. Safety in numbers.

14. After 7 months it's not unnatural that players start to be upset. After 7 months no free button mapping on wheels no private lobby. You can drive only two same cars in online lobbys. Whe are 8 players and all Porsche fans but only two can drive the 911R. Whe paid for dlc content that whe can't use online like whe wish. beside from the problems in open lobbys.

But in general it's not helpful to start a thread with such a headline. So far as I know the next update will arrive in march

jamie mullaney and DatNoiseV12 like this.

15. I agree on every single point with you. But it's the way to bring it. It's childish to repeat all the time the same thing, we know that kunos works on it.

Funny thing, this guy is not challenging with us on Gravel Trap week chrono. If he's upset and bored, this challenge is amazingly fun and many guys made the topic alive and very nice.

So before annoying everyone else on thing we already know, why not going on this topic or another and try things to be happy?

@P73, pippo10 and Jon Legg like this.
  16. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

No doubt. This is a support forum though, to report bugs and maybe help improve the game. It is not a moaning forum, some posters on here are just acting like petulant children and seemingly doing so deliberately. It would have been just as easy to open a thread in a polite manner and title it "Kunos is it possible to get info on lobbies current status please" or something like that. But some people seam to think kunos are all chilling on a beach and moaning will bring features quicker. I sure would like some info myself but I'm kinda grown up about it and just waiting patiently.

Reinart86, @P73 and Straight6lover like this.
  17. Good for you.

18. Very usefull anwser!

19. No problem.

20. Abigor

Abigor Gamer

it's not gonna be in march month.....i think beginning of april if we are lucky......yes it is sad......lol

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.