1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

lotus 49 feels like an arcade version, lacks tires

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Adrian J., Nov 13, 2013.

1. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

just spend about 4hrs testing this sim car, altering setup etc

lack of depth in the "feel" / physics of this sim car

lack of tire model

dull FFB very basic

feels like there is traction control & some ABS on

seems under powered

I only have rf2 & iracings version as referance
    (both are diferent but very high standard + I've spent some good time with )

this version i feel would be more attractive to the forza/arcade crowd

maybe its only partly built within the software & awaiting updates ????????????

I can get this around a track pretty quickly after practice but almost fall asleep mid way
    I'm maybe being a bit harsh but just being straight honest etc
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway sounds as though I'm having a good moan, there are aspects of AC which are very good,
    looking forward to updates

thanks

neodymium likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever I try to play it automatically sets Magione and the Lotus Elise SC Oct 21, 2023
    Chit Chat Room AC only loads magione and lotus elise SC... Jan 3, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whatever i choose it brings me only Lotus Elise and the Magione circuit. Please help! Dec 22, 2020
    Screens & Videos Opel Speedster and Omega Lotus on Assetto Corsa Oct 30, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Error Lotus Elise SC, in Magione Sep 26, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC only loads lotus and magiore every time Sep 4, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus 98t Driver Suit Jun 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 98T Trail braking and downshifting with GTeye springs May 20, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Lotus Challenge @ Netracingeurope.org Nov 9, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa :: Lotus Type 49 @ Feldbergring :: Hotlap Oct 28, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Missing original cars in game (Abarth, BMW, Ferrari & Lotus) Oct 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lotus Type 49 Setup Help Jul 31, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck with default Lotus Elise SC and default track in 2h practice when trying to start any racemode May 25, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Setting up a Server - Does not like LOTUS Mar 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 2 Elevel setup Mar 3, 2018

3. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

I can't even get to grips with this car. I find it is all over the place. FFB not very good. Braking is awful, handling is terrible. I don't know if it's just me but it feels completely wrong compared to GPL and iRacing.

PS I am very curious Adrian, why, with your specs you are running the sim at "mainly low" when I can, with my sepcs run everything mainly high and still get constant 60 fps with vsync on adaptive, and 100 with vsync completely off? Why have such a rig if you're not going to enjoy it? You should be able to get great fps even with most things except cubemaps on max.

4. brr

brr Rookie

What does "pretty quickly" mean in terms of laptimes?

5. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

comparing it seems completely flat to me, something incomplete or been done in a rush without passion ( no offence ),

some cars feel good others not so, but this one feels like very early incomplete beta, there are very good versions out there in rf2 / iracing so people will compare

I do thinik this will really only be liked by arcade type users ( no offence )

I'm sitting on the fence at the moment I really cant decide if AC is a very good arcade title or going to be a very good simulator

p.s , very slick software though -I'm fairly positive

laptimes -I ment lapping whilst hitting most apexes fairly close to the edge in some instances etc not going for the ultimate laptime so didnt take much notice in actual times etc

6. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Gamer

I think they have said somewhere that the car physics for the Lotus 49 are not complete.

7. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

phew, thanks, yes it feels very incomplete, from a graphical point of view it looks stunning though , as does the rest of the cars / tracks

this iconic car is pretty much a sim master piece in rf2 & iracing version, AC has their work cut out on this one

8. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Gamer

Give it 50 more laps and you will reconcider ;) Tweak urself an agressive setup and drive it very smoothly and carefully like in real life, then it starts to deliver. Im 100% impressed and i used to be a big rfactor f167 supporter

Ethan Dean likes this.
  9. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

Risto

thanks for advice but I did about 3.5hrs worth of laps & my impression was pretty much the same after about 20mins worth

glad your finding it fun though, but to me its not really a simulator class car right now ( thus why I mentioned foza etc etc )

10. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Gamer

Adrian J. likes this.
  11. rivaltr

rivaltr Gamer

Its still beta cars at not done 100% give it time please. How well some cars drive we know in the end it will be great. Kunos loves there games as well and what it to be as accurate as possible. Please have a bit more patience.

12. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I'm lost for words at this post. I can't believe you're saying it's "awful" and "terrible" based solely on other simulators. iRacing, maybe, but GPL? I love it to death, but its physics are far from totally realistic by modern standards.

I wish people would stop using other simulators as benchmarks. Look at the real car.

I reckon Kunos are the closest so far. In my opinion, it could be a bit twitchier, and it feels like it grips a tad too well under throttle. That's about it.

13. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Also, even if GPL is good... by its time standards it is NO match for today tyre tech in recent seems. PERIOD. Comparing apples and oranges here.

I also think that generally, people don't like changes even if for the better. Confort zone is a *****.

PS: I'm not saying L49 is good. I also posted before about this. It's just that no matter what sim or anything new TBH, it's the same old boring "hardcore" opinions...

TheDyingScotsman and Ethan Dean like this.
  14. Doug

Doug Racer

Why is it that some sim racers think driving on ice is what a real sim should drive like?

15. 2slow4u

2slow4u Gamer

IMHO, this is the worse car of AC, by far...
    Feel synthetic, lifeless...I really hope that it will be revised! ;)

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  16. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

Re. Lotus 49 -I think it must be the case that's it's not complete, as a sim car it feel like a early beta rf1 mod to me.
    There were some very good rf1 mods I'm not having a dig at rf1 :D

There will always be people with different opinions etc, yes I'm pretty much the hardcore sim type,
    arcade racers bore me to death within 1 minute.

Iracing does feel a tad like driving on ice, rf2 doesn't, they both feel very different but I like the physics approach of both, there is depth & skill to acquire in (most of) their sim cars.

Kunos have done a good job with the early release version of AC, I think it's the nicest looking title I've ever seen on my PC, it runs pretty darn well too which for me is a big step forward , I just hope that physics quality becomes good too.

Looking forward to updates with fingers crossed

neodymium likes this.
  17. Heres a set for Monza. Welcome to comment. Hope you like it a bit. :]

Attached Files:

18. Especially take notice of Ascari & Parabolica.
    Probably one of the faster laps alltho he probably already improved it.

19. baloche

baloche sorry for my english

i think people have play too much ircing or RF or arcade games :p
    when i look the video of ethan , i see A.C , same grip same lost of grip...

20. kro

kro Simracer

<Yes you can keep learning as you go as the dynamics have each lap changing ,tire wear,rubber build up , it all seem's alive in rf2 they kind of set the bar pretty high with this feature ..

This is kind of a good indacator to me , not a real big learning curve here , in fact i feel this way about most of the cars so far in AC .... Not saying thats a bad thing ,it will probubly draw a larger croweds , the hard core drivers can see it already , to each there own !

AS for the lotus the car seems flat and "canned" ? maybe wrong word " to me , somthing seems to be up like posted above they felt like TS or somthing is on .. its like is on rails and you have your way with it with little effort ... I doubt the real one would drive this easy ..lol but I for sure dont know ..

I am fasanated by the sim non the less ..Glad i bought it and will split my time with it and rF2 !.. looking foward to some MP once it gets implemented , It shoud be great for players that dont have alot of time to train and want to find some quick action ..

Lets see what changes as they move foward !:rolleyes:

21. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

Kro,

Good comments , the lotus 49 in rf2 is totally polished though it's i think about the best ever from ISI the ffb detail & immersion in the overall physics is incredible, the Iracing version has a strong following too but I think the rf2 version is about the best.

I'm glad I bought AC too, they have the best UI , graphics, even their forum system is the best lol, the apps coming in from the side etc is perfection & I'm really really hoping things will come good in the physics dept otherwise it will become unused by me , graphics will not swing it as arcade style physics become boring very very quickly

I think what can happen with devs sometimes is they can become blind to their own work then any guest trying it will nod yes & smile when trying it etc,

At the end of the day as long as AC's software engine can handle top quality physics & deliver detail in ffb then the future is very bright, possible sim car updates to official content from Kunos and/or top modders offerings will get us there