1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Major Problem with G29

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Lancaster, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

On the night of the A/C 1.03 patch the Ps4 was in hibernation mode over night and in the morning I woke up the Ps4 to the G29 steering wheel doing some random crap in the Ps4 home screen section such as zooming in and out when turning the steering wheel, buttons not working, constant picture taking and share button randomly on and off. I tried starting up a game and right when I accelerated I turned the wheel and the share button engaged and video started to record. I had to shut it down:(

I have never come across this issue.
    Has anyone got any idea what could be the problem.
    On the upside the G29 is 7 months old and has a 2 year warranty :D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 1.0.1 - Major Quality Problems Jun 3, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Major physics problems Sep 19, 2016
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Issue in Online Race Only, pit window->Fatal crashes Jul 14, 2022
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.8.0 major update and BMW M4 GT3 2022 OUT NOW! Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting major stuttering after last steam vr update Apr 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Strange major fps drop? Mar 2, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars RTX 2070 major stutter in ACC Dec 21, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds major fps drop since 1.16 Dec 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Minor setup changes with major results Aug 2, 2017
    Bug reports Major issue - career races not starting May 9, 2017
    Chit Chat Room A major complaint concerning 1.12.3 Mar 1, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Major Grapgics issue Jan 5, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift Defaulting causing major visual errors Nov 23, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Major Frame Drops Oct 20, 2016

3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

As I am no doubt you are aware, the highly technical fix for all computer related issues is 1) pull the pluggy thing out the wall 2) wait a bit 3) replace pluggy thing 4) reboot.

9.9 times out of 10 this will fix all random weirdness known to modern man including severe acne, most marital problems and even being in possession of chronically ginger hair. Failing that, try beating a 5lb lump hammer on it. Guaranteed not to fix it but you will feel better...momentarily. (jk).

4. NGR_Robinson

NGR_Robinson Gamer

Apparently mate, it's a common fault with the g29, I haven't got one myself but I know 2 people that have and they've had the same problem.. Apparently it's 2 wires internally that aren't a thick enough gauge with them being on moving parts they wear down and start activating home screens and share options and stuff. I don't know the exact details of which wires and where they are but it sounds like the same problem.

marlo0081 likes this.
  5. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Thanks for the reply. I'll take that into account the next time I purchase a wheel. I returned it back to store and luckily enough they had another one which they gave to me on the spot :) I guess I 'll see how long this one lasts... I suspect my 2 year warranty still applies if not begins again... I doubt it but I can still hope.

Know anything about Thrustmaster reliability issues? Maybe I'll try them.

NGR_Robinson likes this.
  6. NGR_Robinson

NGR_Robinson Gamer

Don't get me wrong, the g29's are great, they just have that small fault and to be honest, all wheels and related tech all have faults in some way.. I've had a budget wheel for the past year, the thrustmaster T100 and its never missed a beat, still feels the same today as it did when I bought it, I know people whose spent fortunes on T300's and T500's and some have been faultless and some have been nightmares. I've just upgraded to a T150, just waiting for delivery and again, I've seen people have calibration problems but I also know people that have had no problems at all with them.. You can't prepare for every eventuality mate.. Bonus that your shop did a straight swap, that's a good result, no hassle and fingers crossed you'll have hassle free racing now.