1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marco massarutto's thoughts on rain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by matjas92, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to real life racing mate, i know it can be frustrating, but, it's real! If you're looking for simulation there you go ;)

Pascalwb likes this.
  2. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

I think in real life they shouldn't be allowed to race in wet condition. It can get way too dangerous in my opinion.

I would prefer day/night cycle over dynamic weather everytime. And I think it's more important than weather.

Fivizzz likes this.
  3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Even though I get where Marco is getting from, I'll have to disagree. Rain and weather in general is so important to the racing world that it needs to be simulated. What @BMASTER pretty much says is that he doesn't want to drive it, because it isn't the same as he trained on. That's exactly what we need! Finally drivers on the top of the field who are there because of talent, not because they drove 500 laps on that combo. I am not saying though that the top drivers now don't have that talent, but I know some guys who are close to the wr or have the wr (on different sims) because of it (I'm probably one of them).

It would also allowed the "Jenson buttons" to go for the win. the people who take risks and/or are smart

DrSmile and Pascalwb like this.
  4. Blame

Blame Alien

I never really liked rain in GTR2, the car felt like I was steering a boat on wet tarmac, the oversteering is horrible and the car just endlessly understeers, to add realism to the game, yeah maybe later on add some weather changing effects, but right now there's no need for that.

5. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

I hate rain, in game(s) and in real life :p

I will even skip the rain races if they're in the career mode...Yes, it may be part of races IRL but not for me ;)

6. mibrandt

mibrandt Hardcore Simmer

Rain and weather in general is an important aspect of racing. This is a Racing simulator and i would love to see random weather which would give the sim a Whole new dimension regarding strategy etc. I love the Challenge with poor grip and visibility if done properly.

7. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

I watched the F1...it was cool (accident apart of course) . The thought of the likes of the Cobra at Nords in a thunderstorm......in VR touching the throttle like it's a live grenade.........yummy :)

8. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I would like to see and use weather . We used to run a series on Race Pro where an admin would check the local weather for that track 1 hour before the race and that's how the race was run. I can see his point if its not going to be used why bother. But would still be nice to have it : ) I think the more hardcore among us would use it more and for online league racing it would be a must.

Will this mean we wont get night also as not everyone will use it?

Juan Cruz, TCLF and Rui Santos like this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

It is a feature I would like to see in Assetto Corsa, but if it was between having other features improved and expanded upon (admin controls, dynamic tracks etc etc) then I would say wait for another day. Wet/damp weather is a feature of all motorsports, there are those that relish the challenge and those that fly off track with great speed and enthusiasm. To those doing 7-15 laps it is something mostly avoided, but those that want to take part in a 2-silly hour races, having a bit of variety spices the event up some.

TCLF, Rui Santos and Boris Lozac like this.
  10. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

It would be nice to have a dynamic weather but for now they should focus on fixing, improving existing things in game :)

But it would be nice to hear thunders while driving...

11. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

I love the strategy that dynamic weather brings, and I can't imagine what it must be like to be lapping in a race and have part of the track in wet conditions while the other end is still dry. Although I see lots of other features being higher priority, dynamic weather is a must have for longer races in my opinion.

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

There you said it. I agree, but the time and effort to do such a feature properly would be huge. On the other hand I'd rather see Kunos putting their magic on more crucial things. Anti-cheat, wreckers, flags, false starts, penalties, more efficiency on gpu and cpu, official Pro events, .. enough stuff we haven't got yet and i'd prefer above rain. Once Kunos starts pondering what to do next maybe then they could think about making it rain.

Chessiah, Freddie Seng and Horus like this.
  13. Blame

Blame Alien

I actually prefer to drive in dark, as that way I could focus my eyes only on the track limits/braking points and everything unecessary would be dark, in daylight you can obviously see and notice everything that you don't have to notice at all while in a race.

irfan.pratama and Tucker73 like this.
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

I don't need it, but would appreciate it. What I see as necessary are different kinds of weather regarding overcast, to get some variety in atmosphere.
    Night would be cool, too, while no so important.
    Without atmosphere games are nothing worthwile if the gameplay isn't something amazing (what racing games can't archive for me, compared to other titles).
    Edit: I personally would prefer to see gravel-simulation and snow for the future, at least as long as there are no decent rallye-games.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  15. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

I'm sorry I don't want rain...I want changable conditions to test myself rather then having the track and everything static on 100% grip and praising the lord how good I am...

brianr121, TCLF and Rui Santos like this.
  16. Fivizzz

Fivizzz Simracer

Same here, especially in open-cockpit cars... Damp is okay, but what's the point of racing when you get these geysers of water behind the cars? Pilots behind can't see anything. Can't see other cars, can't see obstacles, can't see puddles...

Safety has drastically improved, but these guys still have their heads naked while doing 300km/h... They're okay for tumbling, but when you head happens to hit something...

Even the Heidfeld Formula E crash a few weeks ago was a really close shot from horror. Only a meter and instead of his flipped car's nose, his head would have hit the barrier... I'm sure the HANS system prevented his neck from breaking that day, but that's useless when you head hits something that hard...

Sorry for OT kinda...

17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Night Races > Rain.

wedge_one likes this.
  18. Dude27

Dude27 Hardcore Simmer

I admit it, I hate to race in the rain... but that been said, Touring car and Endurance events would be really spiced up with some dynamic random weather.

Imagine: you are in the lead in a Le Mans endurance race with 3 laps to go and 1 minute lead in the Porsche curve, then your radio informs you that there is rain at the end of the Mulsanne straight and the rain will have 50% chance to be all over the the track soon.... what are your options? trying to drive in the wet in slicks and hope the opposition won't catch you and the rain will not drench the track in the next 3 laps, or choose a quick dash in the pit to put some wet tires hoping that it will actually rain all over... Those are events that make a race even more memorable and challenging. Immersion is and should be the most important aspect after physics in a racing simulator.

Eximo, mangal, brianr121 and 6 others like this.
  19. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Correction: Racing is dangerous

So reading all those posts i'll ask two things:

1. If rain should not be allowed what would you do to a scheduled event like MotoGP or F1 if suddently starts to rain? Would you send 80.000 people home and say "hey guys it's falling some water from the sky, maybe we should cancel this, let's all go home because this is becoming dangerous".

I think someone is not using its brains properly.

2. If rain is not necessary for some, and those still talking about night races what is the percentage of that happening in real life? Rain or night racing?

For sure is rain! Night racing in my opinion is absolutely not necessary at all, unless you want to do real 24h of Le Mans, otherwise i'll prefer allways to race with day light...

brianr121, Nahkamarakatti and TCLF like this.