1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

The update time/cycles from N to C/B etc are a $%^$.
    I've tried to get a few people to join and it always takes a full 24 hours from being ranked N on a non AU server to being shown as B/C on Martys AU servers.
    The only thing you can really do is tell people to be patient and come back tomorrow :/ lol

2. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Hi Marty,

The server still only has 6 laps maybe if you're not busy tonight or tomorrow could you change it please to 10.

Hope to see you online.

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Disagree LTD

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Will do soon, I will rs all servers as I am downloading VIR and will put this up in some combo. Been waiting for this track to hit 1.0 for 2 years already and they day has come.

[​IMG]

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/

Not sure exactly how long it takes but shouldnt be that long, if you ever have friends recently graduated to proper MR and cant get in let me know and I can refresh MR manually when I get a chance.

5. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

I was kinda implying the "come back in 24 hours" as meaning to tune in again tomorrow, at the same bat-time, same bat-channel, because it's mostly going to take a while to update. :p

6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Looks like I won't be connecting for approx 15 days... I hate Telstra and the BS internet caps.

Here’s a summary of your usage and plan allowance
    Your data usage so far: 50654MB
    Your monthly data allowance: 50000MB
    Your data allowance will reset on: 24/09/2016

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That sucks, Dodo kind of sucks but at least I get unlimited bandwidth.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Internode is also unlimited now, Rudski.

9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Yeah unfortunately the problem is a bit deeper.

In some suburbs ISP's build their own exchanges and in others they install their equipment in Telstra exchanges. In my area we only have Telstra exchanges.

The problem compounds because essentially legislation requires Telstra to allow other ISP to install their equipment into Telstra exchanges if room permits.

See the "if room permits" part of that requirement?
    Sound fair doesn't it? Because it wouldn't be fair to make Telstra expand all the current exchange throughout the country which by the way is a lot, so the agreement struck between the Government and Telstra required them to only allow other ISP equipment if room required.

So what did Telstra do in not only my suburb but other suburbs as well?
    They built the exchanges to the requirements for only their equipment and future growth, the legislation doesn't require them to build larger exchanges to accomodate sufficient room for other ISP's equipment. This effectively locked out ISP's from the easier option of simply installing their equipment along side Telstras. That move now requires the other ISP's to now either all work together and build a "common exchange" or build separate exchanges in every suburb, in many cases multiple exchanges are required for a specific area. It's not cheap.

So in my suburb not a single person can get any other ISP service except for Telstra, by the way that's approx. 20,000 houses and approx 56,000 people.

I have no other option but Telstra due to the configuration of the exchange, I tried TPG, Dodo, Internode and even Optus, not a single company could service me in 2014. Ohh and my suburb is approx 15 years old.

I was on the $149 dollar plan which was 500 gig but now that I only pay $69.95 I only get 50 gigs.

I hate Telstra with a passion.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    WallyM likes this.
  10. Where are you located, Rudski? I pay around £46 per month for a fibre broadband line with unlimited data allowance, and the connection is rock solid.

11. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Australia my friend, the backwater of the internet.

martcerv likes this.
  12. grat

grat Simracer

To be fair, you seem to be a bit unlucky. My situation is basically the same as Christopher's one. But yeah: Australian internet is not great.

13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Bit of a side track, but do you have Netflix Rudski?
    Telstra bumped up users (that I know) download limits once Telstra noticed the household was using Netflix.

14. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Hi Rolz,
    Yes I am on Netflix. I didn't know they even offered that. Ringing now :) Thanks mate.

15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Rolz, you are a legend my friend.

I called Telstra just then, spoke to sales and threatened to cancel my account, because all I did was watch Netflix for 15 days and I'm capped and I wasn't going to put up with being capped for 15 more days.
    They put me through to the "saves" department.
    The guy from that department offered for $10 dollars more 500 gigs additional download capacity. YAY.

I'll cya all online tonight :)

Thanks again for the advice.

Minolin, martcerv and grat like this.
  16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

glad to hear ur back online :)

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We had a few in that server earlier tonight, I have ended up adjusting it to AB only as a few too many t1 heroes were in but saw quite a bit of that in the xgn.com.au tuesday practice server which I am now experimenting at MR A and league whitelist only. That is assuming you are A or B grade atm so if not I will need to lower it back down again as it was your server suggestion after all, the thing is overall the racing was not too bad just some seem too keen at the start especially those that cant manage to run close to others without hitting them.

I assume your racing under Phil, so your time is not too far off but like most seems your using a fair bit less aero. I just ran my old setup from back in the league run there along time ago with my server in ptracker if you run the app.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Not a fan of open wheelers in Pub servers, cemented my opinion last night.

My thoughts is if they are on Pub servers then damage needs to be reduced, just a bump stuffs times.

Also not happy with my old setup, might spend some time starting from scratch... now I know slightly more than what I did with the old ones.

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

20. Rudski

Rudski Alien

ohh I just noticed there's plenty of differences. My lap track temps were 29 yours 22. You used S tyres and I use M tyres.
    I am still waiting for the connection to be finished (still capped) and ill do it offline at that track temp.