1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Michael Schumacher's Barcelona time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Jan 26, 2016.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Testing the F2002 mod at Catalunya...saw that Michael's historic time was a 1:18. OMG. My best is 1:27 and I am FLYING through the corners, green track grip used...has anyone done testing here, is this laptime even possible?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Michael Fassbender: Road to Le Mans – Episode 1 Hockenheimring Feb 2, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Nürburgring - Tribute to Michael Schumacher Aug 18, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 0.7.0 Merc michael meadows car purple roof aerial Apr 3, 2019
    Screens & Videos Michael Schumacher F310 Tribute Dec 5, 2016
    Screens & Videos KeepFightingMichael 5k image Jul 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Keep fighting michael! Dec 29, 2015
    Liveries Special michael schumacher livery Jan 3, 2015
    Liveries Ferrari 458 gt2 "abc", michael jackson edition Dec 18, 2014
    Tracks modding Michael schumacher tribute kart track ! Oct 14, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Yay ....Michael's out of coma Jun 16, 2014
    Liveries Schumacher's 1998 f300 for ferrari 599xx evo Aug 6, 2014

3. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Of course, was he driving the MOTO track or the chicane track? This video cuts away at the key moment:

4. Moto track.

And even if it's cut, do you expect him to do a slow chicane flatout? :D

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  5. tabis

tabis Simracer

6. And according to the youtube vid he did a 1:16.364 :p

7. tabis likes this.
  8. eXo

eXo Racer

Moto. Look at the first part of the video where he's preparing his hotlap... You can also easily understand by the movement of the wheel in the cockpit view at the end of the video

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  9. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

And schumy's lap at monza doesnt seem that fast, 1.20.5 was his fastest i think. I went into the 1.21's withoout too much practice.

10. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Seriously man :D

And yes, 1.16.xx is possible on the moto layout, even high 15s are possible :)

11. Haxin

Haxin Racer

So i just drove like 10 laps and was able to do a 1:17.496 with just decreasing the downforce a little bit, because its a pretty high speed track. (Perfect track and high temperatures)

Considering Schumi being one of the best drivers in the world and him having a Team of Setup technichians. (and me not being that great at driving :I)
    I am sure that time is beatable.

12. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

How to ruin the last two corners section with the pointless, silly, back helmet camera. Only good to show team/driver sponsors.

F430_458_F12 and David Dominguez like this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

if someone has the time and energy id LOVE to see a thread in the chit chat section to compile a list of real life lap times on same configuration tracks and cars as AC that we can use for comparison. id keep it to vanilla and legal mods of course. i would happily trawl the net to find some times but im not sure id want to be the guy updating the OP :p

14. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Last night I set a 1:21:236 with a little practice, green track grip used...1:16 seems impossible :D

15. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

Well I imagine most people can achieve the time by having unrealistically high grip settings in order to emulate the unrealistically high levels of talent that MS had. :p

16. basjaski

basjaski Gamer

15 laps on the moto track (haven't driven it before in AC, didn't know it was in there!), perhaps around double that on the current F1 track with GT3 cars.

1.18.6. temp 24c, optimum track. Stock setup apart from soft tires and 20l fuel. 16's should be doable with relative ease.

17. What do you consider unrealistically high grip in a track that is used almost every day and is part of the calendar of tons of racing series?

William Levesque likes this.
  18. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

I consider that optimal is not realistic for any track but its what most people will achieve the fastest hotlaps with.

19. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I wish Kunos would get rid of "Optimal" and let "Fast" be the track surface setting with the most grip available. That is more than fair for realism. Personally, I drive on Green surface setting mostly, but Fast could suffice for those "perfect conditions".

This has always blown my mind. People who will complain that there is no way to manually turn the ignition key, or press the start engine button in the cockpit, you know...for immersion, but then they only drive at 30C temp, 1300 hrs on Optimal surface.

20. What are "optimal" conditions then? If a track that is used so much during the year, and during a weekend is used multiple times by F1, GP2, GP3, Porsches, etc etc doesnt bring optimal conditions, I wonder what does then... plus it might be possible that the modder set the grip levels based on those conditions.

William Levesque and aphidgod like this.
  21. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Just rename "Fast" to "Optimal". And I wouldn't make any decisions based on what modders might do. Only Kunos track information is what matters. Modders can either adhere to their standards or deviate from them, that's up to them.