1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Again, there is the only one I could join - the Silverstone National server ABCN third from the top. That was it. That's the only one I could join at all until today.

And it is simply awful beyond my ability to put into words.

2. TDS

TDS Alien

are you online now?
    ohh you gonna need japan pack and the other packs to join aloog 6 my bad didnt saw your owned dlcs

3. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Yea, I still have some purchases to make. I got permission from the wife to buy it all, but the only thing listed on the Steam page for this game is what I bought. I didn't realize there was anything else until I came here and saw the abbreviations under the names and somebody explained what it all was.

I'll have to find a way to finagle getting the rest of it. ;)

But man, there's just SO MUCH content with what I have now...it's really quite something. I'll be a year just testing everything I have as it stands.

This game is simply brilliant...I'm just late to the party and have a boat load of catching up to do.

I will also say this: This is without doubt the best game forum I've ever visited. There's been great discussion, tons of help, advice, some good old fashioned rib poking...

Coming from World of Tanks and World of Warships where I would be trolled to death for 10 pages by a gang of power clan *****les for asking a single question, it's just so refreshing to be here. I'm not kidding. It's a breath of fresh air in a really, really big way.

So thanks to everybody for everything.

Sorry I got off topic, but it needed to be said.

LeiF and rge75 like this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well then let it put me the other way round; if a newcomer explains he has serious problems finding a server I have to feel addressed. After all it is my "fault" that most of the sensible servers aren't accessible to N grades.

What excuses? Forgive me, but you state some facts that can't be reality (like there is only one server). We're trying to sort out why you see only one server you can enter. It can be like this (filters), but then we can easily guide you to a better experience by just telling you.
    Additionally you put oil in a long-burning fire which calls a few side-discussions (like join or not join empty servers ;) ). Don't misunderstand us, any post since you came up is either directed to help you - or is just MP/MR discussion without reference to you.

Schnipp likes this.
  5. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Wow, man. Get some professional help.

There was ONLY ONE SERVER RUNNING MINORATING THAT I CAN JOIN THAT HAS ANYBODY PLAYING ON IT. THEREFORE, I HAD NO OPTIONS AT ALL OTHER THAN THAT ONE SERVER.

I've said that now 12 times I believe...maybe more. Oddly, pretty much everybody but you gets it and understands it, yet here you still are making the same failed arguments.

Try reading more and getting all defensive less.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

@Minolin is the guy ( friend ) that made mr rating, which is probably the only thing that will provide you a decent on line experience.
    He is one of the most loved persons here, so I would advice you to cool down.
    When you see his name , you"'ll know 100% that he means good.
    Read again, he only tries to help you.
    You probably need your filters finding available servers to be adjusted.
    Try to take a picture of your screen when searching for servers.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

7. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Pal, let it go.

He's been defensive the entire time and completely ignored the actual point. But just for you, for the 13th time, I'll spell it out:

In order for Minorating to work, you have to race on a server that has people on it. Right?

Right.

So when you're a new player, the only servers you can join are one that have the "N" rating added to them, right?

Right.

So if you sort the list out at the time of day I play and look at them all, there is only ONE server with an "N" rating with anybody on it, right?

Right.

That means that in order to work on my rating I have only one server I can play, right?

Right.

Now read that about 10 times and see if it sinks in. It doesn't matter if you have 1000 servers with an N rating running, if there's ONLY ONE that has anybody else playing on it, then you only have ONE CHOICE, right?

Right.

THAT is the issue.

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

This isn't about servers not showing up.
    I get it that being newcomer might be hard because of how many idiots are online, not many servers with people on them will let you in, especially when you don't have all DLCs and probably the thing that has the biggest impact - that you are from USA and AC's prime time is EU evening (probably around an 1h/1h 30mins left counting from now).

But if the only server that lets you in is a wreckfest show, there's not much too lose by searching for an empty one and joining it. Do some laps, get familiar with car/track (since you mentioned there's a lot to discover) and maybe someone will join. If not you at least get some distance on an MR server that will "push" the old sessions with CP (contact points). If you know the Nordschleife it's probably the best track to try getting people in. If someone will join just ask for a lap or two to drive in close distance.

Well, that's what I'd do in the situation when the only server with people on that I can join would be a wreckfest. You still get the distance for MR statistic, without any combat range but also without any CP and distance alone is enough to get you out of the N grade.

Minolin likes this.
  9. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Hi, new to PC (but not AC), I don't really understand how minorating works, i understand you build a rating though completing clean lap time, but I don't get how I get a rating or get involved? Do I need to download something or is it automatic? how do find out my rating? Sorry for the dumb questions but keen to get on-line and it looks a bit daunting compared to console!

10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Again, there's no point in doing that. It nets you nothing. You might as well play offline and drive the track you want with the car you want as you can't work on your rating unless other people are on the track.

11. Jaye

Jaye Alien

You blame the app maker for other people which configure their servers restrictive, right?

Right.

You complain about a less choices when you don't own all content, right?

Right.

You are spending time to post all this instead of simply drive the 40km to get your C grade, right?

Right.

liakjim and chksix like this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@mike reynolds
    It runs on the server, no need to install something.

Usually it's listed in the server name, i.e. MR AB, MR ABC, MR ABCN, etc. and after joining a server you get a MR from the server saying which grade you are. Sometimes the message in the chat is delayed a bit.

Get your ID:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...com-drivers-thread.25732/page-112#post-726452

You can read more about it the homepage: http://www.minorating.com/

Basicly it rewards driving without contacts, even more if you're in attack range (at least one car within 20m around you).

Minolin and mike reynolds like this.
  13. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Wow. What a horses ***.

I didn't BLAME anybody for anything. I'm simply describing (14 times now) the way that it is. It's YOU people getting all bent out of shape over it and making excuses and blaming me over it.

I'm a new player. I have to work on a rating to get on a server. There is only one server I can play that has anybody on it and it's chock full-O ****tards to the point you can't even exit pit lane because of the 4 guys cutting doughnuts in it.

That's just the way it is, pal.

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I populate server(s) 5 or more times per week. And yes, it's rewarding.

chksix and Minolin like this.
  15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Again, you are wrong. Drive 40km on your own without any cars on the server and you are out of the N rating and you are C, that simple. You probably would know that if you would read the guide I sent you link to in your thread, or the MR website that I also linked in that post...
    You don't have to anything except joining an MR server. Here's the guide by Hagen that should cover most of your potential questions:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...d-unable-to-join-servers-tagged-mr-abc.28370/

mike reynolds, Minolin and Hagen like this.
  16. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

With all due respect, that's probably a whole lot easier to do on AB servers than it is N servers.

17. Jaye

Jaye Alien

A new player only needs to drive 40km on a MR server to get a C rating, no need for another player That's 8 to 10 laps, 30 minutes...

If you don't like the system use any of the non MR servers, there are more then 1,000 servers online.

liakjim, Minolin and Hagen like this.
  18. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I read the guide. It wouldn't allow me a C rating until today, and I'd driver over 100 km.

19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Front post and minorating.com try to give an overview, but the best resource to jump in is the dedicated guide on steam.
    In short: Some (~50%) of the MP servers run the MR plugin. If you go there your actions are recorded and you are graded. Many accidents = bad grade, clean racing = good grade. That will allow or disallow you to join servers (you can usually see the signature like MR-ABC).
    But really, Hagen made lots of effort and the steam guide is great.

mike reynolds, chksix and Schnipp like this.
  20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think the problem is that from his perspective there might be just one MR-restricted server that allows N grade and is accessible by a person who owns DP1-3 and PP1-3.
    There are more ABCN and ABCDN servers, but they possibly include other DLC (didn't check, but to me it seems like the only logical explanation).
    But that's more like it's the fault of Kunos not allowing people to drive on servers for which they don't own all content.

Anyway, he's got C grade now and from there own there should be more servers being accessible.

Minolin likes this.