1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Moving from PC to console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by John Gordon, Jul 28, 2016.

1. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

A few quick questions...

I am moving away from the PC, and I'm going to buy a console to get my Assetto Corsa fix).

Few questions which I hope I can get some clarity on..

1) I've purchased Assetto Corsa and several of the packs on Steam. Have I lost this? Do I need to buy it all again on console?

2) Which console am I best to play it on? Which gives the smoothest gameplay and will support the best wheels.

3) Should I wait for the new consoles to be launched before making the move?

4) Am I making a huge mistake?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    ACC User Interface CTRL+Left/right for HUD moving stopped working Dec 10, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Wiper moving position very odd Sep 14, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bentley GT3 Animated steering wheel not moving Jun 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Cars not moving in multiplayer session Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting "Vanish Y" setting, or moving the horizion relative to the centre of the monitor May 20, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Moving the seat does not move the camera. May 6, 2022
    Chit Chat Room The car is not moving by keyboard and game pad? Apr 23, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No raineffects on screen [Resolved by removing custom Engine.ini] Mar 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari dashboard cameras [Resolved by removing custom camera offsets] Dec 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting GeForce GTX 3080 1.8.4 low FPS 20-25 FPS [Resolved by removing Citrix Workspace] Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Removing not important things in graphical option Aug 20, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual bug MC Laren 720S GT3 Jota [precision error slightly moving the suspension, also ALT+TAB) Jul 22, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Frustrating: Bad saved setups moving from qual to race in career mode May 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes after rejoining server with different car [Linux server not removing stale car entry] Feb 15, 2021

3. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Without really answering any of those questions you need to consider that consoles won't give you access to any of the mods the PC does. I only have a PS4 but if I had a decent gaming PC as well I'd just play this particular game on that primarily for all the additional mods.

4. John Gordon

I've moved house and there is no practical place for me to have a PC setup (Girlfriends eh). Still want my Assetto Fix. :/

5. 1. Yes, you will need to buy a copy for whatever console you choose
    2. I would go for a PS4
    3. No
    4. Yes. Extremely.

6. Torcano

Torcano Alien

1) No, I don't know of any game that does anything of sorts where if you buy it on one platform you get it for free on another. That's just silly.
    2) My best be would be PS4
    3) I personally am waiting for the PS4 Neo to launch before getting a console again, it will be my first console since the PS2 because for once it seems like consoles won't be complete turd boxes
    4) I really wouldn't trade platforms on a game whose main selling point is moddability, so yeah. Quite a biggie mistake.

And if you really don't have a place for a PC (by that I assume you mean a big tower PC) then just make an ITX build, like something in a corsair graphite 380t and it's gonna be tiny, cute and way more versatile than a console. :p

Radfahrer and Seria17hri11er like this.
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

1) Yes and Yes.
    2) PS4
    3) No
    4) Yes.

Radfahrer and JulesDennis like this.
  8. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Erhm... You will have to buy AC but all the dlc's will be implemented for free to the console version if they havent changed this lately.
    DLC's that comes after console release you will have to buy though.

10. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I don't think we get the Red pack for free. Haven't seen much info about that DLC on consoles but I have a feeling it won't be included with the retail version. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I hope they dont do day 1 dlc because that would be terrible.

12. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Really man, its not like Mini or midi PC cases are 10 times larger than consoles..

Sent from mTalk

Schnipp likes this.
  13. charlyv8

charlyv8 Racer

1 -
    2 -
    3 -
    4 - traitor

F1Aussie and breyzipp like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

15. JulesDennis

JulesDennis Rookie

lol...

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

As mentioned, you can have a htpc ( amd 460 seems like an excellent choice ) , in a small factor case, no much bigger than a console and have it just under the tv connected via HDMI.
    Result:
    No need to rebuy the game.
    Access to all mods.
    Able to play online with pc users.
    Most important : way better performance than any console = 60fps at 1080p with more effects instead of 900p and probably less eye candy for the ps4.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Boris Lozac and Schnipp like this.
  17. John Gordon

:(

The Mrs wants to get involved and play fitness games... Bonding apparently.

18. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

She can have all the fitness she wants ... let HER drive ! For hours !
    In the summer it gets quite taxing and keeping up concentrations as well as a proper body-position to keep high-precision inputs up over a timespan greater than 30 minutes is very taxing on the smaller musculature that helps keeping us humans upright .

Fitness with a twist ;)

19. alencarch

alencarch Rookie

1 - No
    2 - Definitely PS4 (stronger hardware, 1080p 60hz)
    3 - Yes
    4 - It's up to you. I have both PC, PS4 and Xbox One, but depends on want kind of gaming experience you want. If you don't mind loosing the mods, then the console will be no problem for you. Remember that there will be no cross play, so you will not be able to play with your PC friends.

AurusCE likes this.
  20. .isaac

.isaac Rookie

That isn't silly, there are games which get you a extra copy for the PC if you bought the console game.

bradleyland likes this.
  21. I have an XBOX One and A PlayStation 4, And I would strongly recommend the PS4, and here is why.

First let me say I am A long time Gran Turismo Fan, So I have owned A PS1-Ps4, And if you don't know Polyphony Digital is notoriously slow with development and GT fans have been waiting for next Sim Racing since 2013. So when Slightly Mad Studios released Project CARS I bought A PS4 and Project CARS to hold me until the next installment of Gran Turismo was release.

I fell in love with P CARS I threw my Ps3 in the attic never to race GT6 again LOL, The Turn 10 announced their new Physics Engine and Tire Model, and The release of the Porsche DLC (Which all GT fans have been waiting for forever!) So I bought A XBOX One and Forza Motorsport 6. I LOVE Forza Motorsport 6.
    I was 6 months into it, I had A ton of custom 5 Star Decals which I designed myself and 5 star Custom liveries I had invested hundreds of hours with the paint. And had advanced to level 125.

Then one day I went to log on and Race and I got this error message: LOAD-FAILED--An-unknown-error-occurred--Please-try-again-later I was on the phone with Microsoft for three days trying to save my data only to find out I had corrupt cloud data Which means you have to delete any Game progress and start completely over from scratch here is the link wheer I found I wasn't just an isolated case http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...n-error-occurred--Please-try-again-later.aspx

Microsoft has had this problem for A long while, because the system is 100% cloud dependent, You can't just save your game data on USB Flash drive for Back-Up, You can't even save gameplay to USB to upload to Youtube.

You have to save gameplay to cloud then access cloud from your computer, It is A mess

But on the other hand the PS4 has never had any of these issues. Back-Up Gameplay, or save Game progress to A USB just in case of corruption.
    I still have my XBOX One because I love Forza Motorsport 6, and it is the only Racing title I have on XBOX one.
    P CARS
    F1 2015-2016
    Assetto Corsa
    and Drive Club are all on PS4. I have been seriously thinking about transitioning to PC myself since all of my favorite Racing titles are on PC now Forza Motorsport Apex:D. If Gran Turismo Sport is A Bust, Which I believe it will be I will be completely fininshed with the GT Series, and therefore no longer needing any console. But that day is yet to be determined.

Well Good luck in choosing.;)

bradleyland likes this.