1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Moving from PC to console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by John Gordon, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Is this guy for real?

2. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I might be the problem but after 66 minutes of tinkering and testing I could not even make the first corner @ Nurburgring on the PC version of assetto corsa. So I bought IRacing and not only could I make the first corner but after a few minutes i was competitive and pushing hard around the track.

Assetto Corsa is just to difficult to setup.
    The developers need to make some great default wheel setups to make the sim accessible for normal users.

3. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Nice try, James from PRC.
    [​IMG]

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How can you think that set up the ffb on pc is hard? Set everything to 0 except minforce 4-6 on thrustmaster (which you need to use on iracing too) and you done. You are also the first one that I see say that graphics are better in iracing than AC. But it gotta be the first time for everything. Sounds like something else than ffb is wrong though since you should be able to take a turn with terrible ffb, at least after trying 66minutes. Whats you steering degree in thrustmaster profile?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Not even James would think that setting up ffb would be difficult.

6. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I am sorry but after reading a bit in the 77 page thrustmaster thread I just went for a steam refund. Not the only one having trouble setting this up. You have to edit ini files and set multiple settings just to get some response, if the devs just would make some decent profiles to get you started straight out of the box it would be a totally different story.

This is not a game you can plug and play your wheel into and get going, it takes a lot of setup work just to feel normal.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Must've been something else that was wrong than the game itself tbh. You dont need to edit any files to get a good ffb. But if you got a steam refund theres no need to find out what.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

^^Yep...dunno what went wrong for this guy but AC for me was the easiest racing game ever to set up. Felt decent straight out of the box.

Jebus and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  9. Another reason I'm switching to Nvidia next time I get a graphics card.

10. HAHAH yea, they are years apart, but in the opposite direction. Iracing is DX9, they may have upgraded it very recently to be DX 11, but it's a DX9 game ported to DX11. AC on the otherhand is DX11, and literally won't work on DX10 graphics cards, let alone DX9. That's about 7 years apart in AC's favor.

I will say iracing destroys AC when it comes to image quality, but otherwise it's antiquated compared to AC.

11. BBernes

BBernes Racer

So image quality does not matter ? The PC version AC looks weary jagged on my 100 inch screen. The Xbox One version looks much better. And iracing looks extremely good on my screen.
    AC my have more details or something but when every straight line looks pixelated it is just a mess.

Probably need a much higher definition monitor to look ok.

If I had a 4K to test it on the conclusion may have been different.

I'll just stick with the Xbox one version for now.

12. Never said that but the fact is, AC is year ahead of iracing technology wise so to say Iracing is years ahead is ridiculous. The base engine of each game are years apart in AC's favor. Image quality is the exception not the rule.

13. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I was not talking about the engine but it just looks horrible on a projector. Also it seems like the iracing team has spent much more time with default settings so you don't have to adjust graphics settings or wheel settings to get going.

There was some sort of auto detection rutine when you started the game for the first time.

I am not saying that AC is a bad sim, it is fantastic on the console. They just need to refine the experience for the PC version so you can get to the racing much quicker an not spend your time pulling out hair in frustration.

Small things like making a default settings for each wheel manufacturer and auto detect the best graphics settings.

14. Default settings shouldn't be that important in a sim though. You always want the best possible settings and I've never played a racing game where the default settings were the best, not even once, so even if the default are better than the default in another sim/game, what matters most is the end result and frankly, AC blows iracing out of the water when it comes to FFB. Actually FFB, and lack of road and tire feel is why I stopped racing iracing.

Plus, it's not like it's hard to tweak settings in AC. There's only about 5 key settings even on the PC version you need to adjust. Iracing might be better off with that many tbh.

What wheel do you have btw? I suggest these settings as they work perfectly with my T300 and should work great with other wheels- FFB Strength- 45% (you may adjust this one if you have a different wheel to avoid clipping, or if 45 is too weak), Curbs- 60% Road- 35% Slip- 25% Understeer FX- On

The PC version does also have filter, and minimum force settings, which I had at 10% and 5% but even with them at 0%, it's still a good experience

15. McGraw

McGraw Racer

I'm not a big fan of the standard AA in AC but DSR it to 1080p from 4K or run SGSS 8x and it looks fantastic.

Obviously it needs to be running smoothly too.

F1 2016 looks fantastic but it's a bit cartoony for me.
    Project cars is nice but I still prefer AC.
    Rfactor 2 is ugly.

I've only seen YouTube vids of iRacing and it looks bad to me. I'll never try it though as I don't have time to get into it (translation get good enough) or be available for the races.

16. It's really difficult to run it in 4k. 99% of the rigs people use can't do it at solid 60 fps. Plus, I have AMD, and VSR is limited to 1440p for me. I use that and 8x AA in AC, and that looks okay but the shimmering is still such an issue

17. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Update: Few months in with the PS4. Ordered a new PC this morning.

PC master race forgive me... I come back with open arms!

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

LOOOOOOOOOOL what a conclusion.

But honestly...good choice :-D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

LeDude83 and Tomcul like this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nice one. And IMO you can't go wrong with MSI. I have an MSI mainboard, had an MSI Gaming 970, have an MSI GE60 Apache Notebook running AC, WOT and Star Wars Battlefront nicely and well above 60 FPS.

Plus, their support is incredible. I found a German landline (!) support number and called them about combining my mainboard with my new Radeon R9 Fury Nitro. They answered the phone after 1 ringing and knew right away why the card wasn't running (dated BIOS). If the BIOS update fixes the problem it's gonna be only MSI for me from now on :-D

John Gordon likes this.