1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Multiplayer] Option to DQ hein press 'Esc' and 'Go To Pits' during a race

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Henrique Clausing, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Hi all,

The topic title is self-explanatory.

Some times on MP championship some driver take advange on big crashes, pressing 'Esc' then 'Go to the pits', return to track (even existing the lock control timer).

For championship pruposes, I think an "DQ when Esc > Go to pits" Option would be more realistic and good for server admins.

Thanks again.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting [Multiplayer] Session not progressing to qualification or race Oct 26, 2019
    Suggestions [multiplayer] Ability to change car to another without going back to lobby Apr 23, 2017
    Suggestions [Multiplayer] Detect suspicious behaviour Apr 3, 2017
    Suggestions [Multiplayer] Country flag of a driver Aug 7, 2016
    Suggestions [Multiplayer] Laptimes for all drivers May 23, 2016
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions no option for private lobby's in PS5 ACC Aug 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot find option to invert clutch? Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting FATAL ERROR on click gt challange 2022 option in VR Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel works in first level options - but not when about to drive? Oct 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC User Interface Please add Tilt(roll driver's head) with wheel option. Aug 9, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server behind load balancer can't connect to lobby using publicIP option Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Can't scroll PIT MENU options in VR May 11, 2022

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Isnt it already possible to set a penalty for as long as the race is, if a driver go back to pit by pressing esc?

Henrique Clausing likes this.
  4. Actually I don't know. I didn't see this option yet. I will test and reply here after work...

Thanks

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not that I know of.

But tbh, I think this is rather a thing for server mods dedicated to league racing.
    (And they possibly already have such stuff implemented.)

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The penalty time is not adjustable, its just a generated time I think taking account how far from pits someone is and how long their repairs will be. With massive damage in a long race escaping and resuming could give an advantage as they may not have been able to drive to the pits.

I don't know of any such mods but in many leagues it would be a standard rule saying if you escape from track you cant resume. This will be based mostly on an honour system as you cant really see who has done this other then checking a post race replay if someone were to protest.

This is a setting I had suggested a while back, allow escape from track to be end of session and have it set session by session. Even in qualifying in a league it would be better if you had to drive back to pits to refuel, fix damage and change tyres rather then do a hot lap slam on brakes across the line escape to pits and go again. Not only is it immersion breaking but can get in the way of others if people don't stop off track with care. Not being able to escape back would mean avoiding damage in qualy would be more of a priority as you don't have an unlimited amount of cars to wreck per session. Even in a pub server I would enable this option for practice as they are much worse then league sessions with people literally slamming on the brakes mid track after crossing the line to get another run. If people had to drive back to pits they will rethink their qualy strategy and be less of a hazard to everyone else.

For racing this would allow you to close the pits for everyone but those that started the race and drove in for a regular stop, no more of the one guy that wrecks a car every lap escapes to pits just to get in the way of everyone else still actually racing. So it would be a better thing for pub servers then a league race where its unlikely for people to do this if its a known league rule already that escape is end of race.

Clearly these would be server set options defaulted off and only for those that want it.

Henrique Clausing likes this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Doesn't that annoying PLP crap do something like this?
    Well, they don't lock your controls in the pits since it that's not possible for a mod, but a notification is send to the server which is sufficient for league racing.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

PLP doesnt but the race admin app which spams lots of info possibly may, also PLP's current version only sends info if in preset servers so people using it and spamming servers are using very old versions of the app for whatever reason.