1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Never adding Le Mans?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by TheRealJuralumin, May 2, 2017.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

It's hard tocbelieve that you can't understand an simple sentence!!

NO ONE is saying that they should
    Forget future plans!! I'm just saying that they should first prioritize what's more important
    • Peovide the upcoming update
    • fully functional custom lobbies with many many manyyyyyyy features
    • kill existing bugs/glitches
    • make current game better

....after that they can focus on the future content. You said that they're a small group of people-but that's what am I saying a whole time-they're a small group of people who can't do many things at once, in this case finalizing the upcoming patch and scan other tracks, adding cars, modeling them etc etc.....

Conclusion:
    FIRST: make the upcoming patch done and work.
    SECOND: adding more content in term of cars-tracks etc....

So please read what am I saying please it's idiotic that I repeat myself again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, Simone works on tracks, Luca mostly on sounds, Aris on physics.
    If there are bugs regarding each of these departments they'll work on such issues.

But letting them work on general game issues or even some of the console version won't help since it's not their daily work, let those guys work on bug-fixing that are familiar with the coding/programming of such parts of the game.

But saying everybody should just do bug-fixing would be like going to the dentist with an inflamed appendix. Sure, a dentist is still a doctor, but he can't do anything about your issue.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  3. what he's trying to explain to you is that all the points in your list are tasks that needs programmer not graphics artists. So adding tracks and cars (where 99% of the work is done by artists + Aris for the physics and the sound guys) has no impact at all on the stuff on your list.

4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Enough for me! My assumption was that All devs been working on game. So, if they CAN do more things simultaneously-AMAZING! I hade my own assumption and thoughts and Ive been wrong.

My apologies then :)

pippo10 likes this.
  5. hehhe don't worry, it's a pretty common assumption. PC users have been "educated" about it during these years :p and now they want to show off :p

6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I really thought that major if the devs are working on the upcoming update so no time for other projects but I've been thought better though. Thnx for the"inside"stuff, appreciate very much.

And yes, you said that you was on a team meating, any words on the upcoming update-possible release day?

I hope I'm not pushing it over the boundaries:)

7. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It'd be awesome if we could keep this thread focused on the merits of including Circuit de La Sarthe, rather than arguing over Kunos' resources :)

When I got ProjectCARS, I was very excited to race La Sarthe... then I turned several laps. To be honest, it's not a terribly exciting circuit. Porsche Curves are interesting, and you can easily be caught out entering Indianapolis and Arnage, but otherwise, the circuit is pretty mundane.

IMO, 24h Le Mans (the actual race) is exciting because of the race event, not because of the circuit (blasphemy, I know). It is very difficult to simulate the drama of the actual race using AI (which are better suited to sprint format), and online races at La Sarthe tend to fall apart quickly. Just like on Nordschleife, once racers get too spaced out, they get bored and quit. Nordschleife works, because it's exciting to drive, even when you're alone :)

All of this adds up to La Sarthe being low on my list of tracks I'd like to see in AC.

Kaaarp, @P73, paul_wev and 1 other person like this.
  8. AndyB16

AndyB16 Simracer

While I understand the appeal and history of the track and the 24 hour race, I've never really enjoyed the tack itself. Only the last section from the end of the last long straight until the beginning of Mulsanne is actually fun to drive, in my opinion. If they could did the Bugatti circuit I'd be more interested.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bradleyland, Schnipp and @P73 like this.
  9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Bugatti Circuit would be great. If the licensing costs are off the charts, I can't see it being a good return on value, but it's a more engaging circuit. I've had many good races there. Lots of opportunities for passing, and a great flow.

TRC GeorgiaDawg likes this.
  10. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Circuit de la Sarthe is my most wanted addition but I completely understand why it won't come to Assetto Corsa.

I asked Marco during one a LWTCHI streams several months ago about it. He said it is a prohibitively expensive licence currently and in order to do the circuit justice, for what it is renowned for with the 24h du Mans, you would ideally have dynamic time.
    We are getting the Toyota TS040-HYBRID so I will manage. I really hope that car arrives soon!

Circuit de la Sarthe is something which will surely come to Assetto Corsa 2 though.

11. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

I'd like to have the Bugatti Circuit, since I did the 24h of lemans in RollerSkate there, and I'd love race the same circuit in Assetto.

I hope one day they will realise that Sims sell a lot less than simcades or arcades, and they have to ask much less money for the license.
    There are other benefits of having your circuit in Sims ... they have a too narrow mind, they only think in money.

The same happened to me, I found it was boring ...

bradleyland and AndyB16 like this.
  12. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

Yes! Le Mans is in my opinion the greatest track in motorsport along with Nordschleife and Monaco (but licensing for that is probably even more ridiculous) and it just seems a perfect fit with a significant percentage of the cars in the game being sportscars.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  13. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

La Sarthe is my favourite track, and the 24h Le Mans the greatest race in the world!hey Kunos,it you guys ever decide to do a crowdfunding operation to buy the license,count with me ;)

pippo10, Reinart86 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  14. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

La Sarthe is my favourite track, and the 24h Le Mans the greatest race in the world!hey Kunos,it you guys ever decide to do a crowdfunding operation to buy the license,count with me ;)

15. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

Even though few years have passed, game is still young. And there is always that little thing that pokes us from back AC2, maybe, maybe not. But if it is true, all the things included in AC will be available in AC2 from the begining, and you can imagine how much time and resoirces when that time comes will Kunos have.

I am looking forward to all of this, having a blast with this game since it was beta. Patience is virtue... LeMans, Suzuka... Nothing can't be unlicensed :)

Cheers...

16. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

i would love to see other kind of tracks before this boring one :)
    Misano would be superb to laser scan. Road America or Oulton Park i would prefer better.

svenvangent and Basquiat like this.
  17. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

well . . .marco gave it a thought, once :D
    [​IMG]
    not my screenshot, by the way . .

Ravellron likes this.
  18. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

It Would be fantastic

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    DatNoiseV12 and Basquiat like this.
  19. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

What make you think that ???

New game, new licences, Kunos will have to pay again ... if they are not on exclusive for another game at that time, like happened with Pikes Peak in Dirt 4 ...

pippo10 likes this.
  20. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah... it's not about the affordability, kunos could easily afford it(already been stated).

It's a matter of principle.
    Some of these tracks, licence/rights andor holders/owners are asking astronomical amounts of money.
    They're ripping people off and they do this, only because they can and know that the demand is high.

Well i'm glad that Kunos take this view, although at the same time, kinda' disappointed in a way that we'll not have it anytime soon.
    But i wholeheartedly agree with the decision and stance they take on this.