1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New collisions are amazing!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Apr 11, 2016.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

So we just finished our latest league race at Core Racing and I have to say I am super impressed with how Assetto now handles collisions.

1.5.6 feels like a massive step forward!

I am starting this post to collate our experiences both positive and negative after the newest update.

My stand out moment is watching the Fiat 500 bounce over a kerb and see it's back end scoot into another car. The resulting impact looked believeable and the damage to the rest of the field was nothing.

We now have impacts that only affect those involved.

Thank you Stefano and team. May your next cat be purrfect.

Guidofoc, LeDude83, coret3x and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Collisions are now excellent! Mar 21, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Collision speeds reported by server are very wrong, maybe giving exaggerated collisions Mar 5, 2016
    ACC Multiplayer Server API info about collisions Feb 15, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA rating dropping without collisions Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Detection of unstable client connection and disabling of collisions not works on race start Jul 2, 2021
    ACC Physics collisions with the ground Mar 24, 2021
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes AI Judge on collisions Sep 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay V1.0 multiple collisions caused by AI May 30, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Collisions with other cars Mar 24, 2019
    ACC Physics collisions important Mar 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Host collisions (lack of) Nov 21, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Car collisions Sep 30, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds assetto corsa wall collisions: impact too large Sep 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Damage and Collisions Jul 17, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Collisions, Collisions... Collisions Dec 2, 2017

3. myimac

myimac Alien

LeeTBTS likes this.
  4. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Nice, 1st looks good, 2nd not so .. Is 1st after and 2nd before?

5. myimac

myimac Alien

They are both 1.5.6

They highlight different aspects. The first is just amazing in every way.

The second: usually prior to 1.5.6 this would be race ending. In this more energy could have been transferred to my car (white) but you can clearly see that his car absorbs energy whilst my momentum is stopped but not race ending.

I'm impressed with both

6. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The cars' reaction to collision has been vastly improved. However the amount of the resulting damage remains disproportionate.

TheBoss likes this.