1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New drift training track in next update?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I know that the devs don't have to answer questions in the chit chat room but I would really appreciate an official statement if they will release a new training track for drifting in the near future. We would simply need a large empty field of tarmac without anything (no trees, no buildings, no curbs, no objects...).

I wouldn't even need pylons for the first, all these useful gimmicks could be implemented in later updates. But for the beginning, and in order to allow a quick implementation, a plain field would do.
    For drifting beginners like me I would really NEED a possibility where I can learn the feeling of the car and its shifting of weight when losing control and catching a drift but with the actual tracks there is not enough space because if you lose control you leave the tarmac and enter the grass where the behaviour/grip is different or crash into a wall and you can not continue drifting or try catching a drift.

I am not a programmer but I could imagine that a plain field of tarmac (which of course would look ugly and unrealistic but would be soooo useful) could be implemented immediately (for example in the next update)...?

And if the DEVs will not implement it WHEN (how soon) could it be implemented by modders?
    I just want a time horizon for my drift lessons... :)

esox71 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Weekend drift training Apr 29, 2019
    Tracks modding [request] giant parking area with drawn track (+ pylons) for drift-training Aug 1, 2014
    Screens & Videos Initial D Themed | Lan Evo 3 Drifts Down Irohazaka Downhill Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Physics [1.9] 4 wheel drifts have no FFB Apr 23, 2023
    Screens & Videos Drifting Bmw e46 M3 Downhill May 21, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lock to Horizon Causes Camera Position Drift. May 9, 2022
    Screens & Videos Drift Chevy Impala Apr 10, 2022
    Screens & Videos Touge driftin Apr 5, 2022
    Screens & Videos M3's drifting on a rainy day Mar 20, 2022
    Screens & Videos Tandem drifting - A cinematic Feb 26, 2022
    Screens & Videos Z drifting through traffic Feb 19, 2022
    Screens & Videos 5 man tandem - Winter drifting Feb 11, 2022
    Screens & Videos My estonia jump drift Jan 21, 2022
    Screens & Videos Winter drifting a stock Audi R8 Quattro Jan 16, 2022
    Screens & Videos Sliding into 2020 | Drifting Cinematic Jan 3, 2022

3. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Something very nice and uselfull (and I hope easy to build) would be a skidpad!

nikoelo likes this.
  4. Ales Nocar

Ales Nocar Hardcore Simmer

There is some sort of skidpad next to the drag strip already. :)

Big Engine likes this.
  5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

I am probably missing something, but I could never understand how you can learn drifting in an empty parking lot.
    Sure, its great to learn how to start the car, get the tires spinning, do donuts, handbrake 180's and such, but how can you learn drifting without actual corners, with predefined angles and boundaries?

Unless ofc you mean a parking lot with a track drawn on the tarmac, so you still drift on a track but you dont lose it completely when you go out of bounds.

6. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Thank for the info, I've never really used the drag stuff and as soon as I can I will try it

7. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

easily?

8. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Where, precisely? I can't find it [​IMG]

9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Where is it? I can't find it! Do you mean the drag strip itself? This is too narrow. What do you mean when you say "next to the drag strip"? I can't drive ouside of the drag strip because it is surrounded by walls!?

10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

You are right! Of course it would be nice in future steps to improve this empty parking lot. You could create tracks by "painting" them on the tarmac or build them with pylons.

But for beginners, as you already wrote, it would be essential to just get a feeling of the car. How it feels or what you have to do to make a drift circle wider or more narrow while drifting. And this is exactly what you can NOT do/learn at the moment because there is not enough space for such "experiments"...

11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, a skid pan area would be a good idea.

12. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Main straight at Monza 66 is good for this :)

13. Ales Nocar

Ales Nocar Hardcore Simmer

This. But you cant actually drive there.

Attached Files:

Mike1304 likes this.
  14. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

+1 for Car park with placeable cones!

15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

OMG! This is exactly what I need! Devs, a short statement when it will be driveable, pleeaase!

16. Skazz

Skazz Racer

I've been learning on the drift track we have now. The central little oval is great for just getting into a rhythm of entering and exiting drifts one after another. Plenty of space there for me....

zamex23 likes this.
  17. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

I hope not , drifting can be done on any track ...

18. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

To be honest the drifting and the drag racing is not what makes a great driving sim , its about driving top cars on great circuits against AI or the clock , and it will take up more of the devs time and the program size doing this , play GT or forza the cars in them games slide everywhere with no proper feel like you get with AC , so its a waste of great car physics, but each to there own , there is a section for drag racing and for drifting which is adequate .
    Don`t really want this great sim turning into the mentioned games or NFS etc , there all about sliding a car and not the skills of driving on a circuit

19. Drifting is a required skill for testing engineers in the automotive industry, so that they can save their skins on the tracks. It is not likely that they can just press the restart button and get away.

I doubt that it would be different for the racers IRL.

RatFink63 likes this.
  20. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Fair comment , however I see AC and a driving sim and not something like a gymkhana in Dirt ....
    As I have said each to there own , but can Kunos concentrate on getting the sim to the stage where we can race AI and multi player first before spending valuable developing time on adding another drift course when we already have one that people can use ...

21. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

It's amazing the way some racers have to go around with this air of arrogance, like they think they are the be all and end all of driving skill and have to try belittle anything that isn't just driving fast around a circuit.
    Trying to down play the skill of drifting as if it only belongs in a kids game, when the most of them think they had a big moment if they had to apply 5 degrees of opposite lock on a corner exit.
    They throw their toys out of the pram if any of the dev's time is spent on something they don't like, yet they claim to not like drifting because of the people who follow it. Have a look around this site and take note the only people on here acting like entitled children are the racing enthusiasts. Obviously not all are like this, but this kind of attitude does only come from racers from what I've seen.

The guys just want the ability to drive on something that is in the game already. Not exactly going to be a big drain on the devs time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.