1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New drift training track in next update?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you for YOUR opinion what makes a great driving sim or not. So you really believe that if Kuno opens the already existing skid pan area the sim will suddenly turn into an arcade racer like NFS?
    I enoy the drifting experience in AC because it IS and feels totally different than in the mentioned arcade games because of AC's realistic physics. So when I watch a video of Chris Harris 4-wheel-drifting a F40 through the corners I get an idea where his driving skills come from. He must be an enthusiastic NFS gamer! ;-)

claudiopolez likes this.
  2. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

It seems to me your throwing your toys out of your pram fella , like the post says , " each to there own " , there is already a drift track in the sim , but NO AI , NO multi- player , NO competitive racing , not too many cars or tracks ! , so for the majority of people who paid for the early release how about giving them something THAT`S not in the sim unlike another drift track ? , when there is one already there at this early stage ??

3. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Is no-one entitled to there own opinion on this forum ? , without people getting all wound up and on there soap boxes ? , what is a forum if people can`t express there opinions or do you have to conform and not rock the boat ?, maybe you have to agree with everything , everyone says ?
    You obviously enjoy drifting and the people who can do it well , fine , I can live with that , can you live with people who don`t get the same buzz ?

4. Parking lot with placable cones/objects like LFS would be fantastic! We used to have so much fun doing autoX online in LFS, all kinds of time trials and parking games :D

I think it would be easier for someone new to learn how to slide the car around in an empty space, although I have to say from experience that it will not really allow you to learn any more quickly than actually trying to drift around corners on a track. This is a sim after all, and there are no penalties for crashing, so just keep trying :)

AC is trying to accomodate both grip racers and drifters, and you know what, some of us enjoy both :) Relax guys, it's not like you suggest something and the devs will just go rush in and do them! They already have a timeline set for what they want to accomplish anyway :)

5. bikkits

bikkits Gamer

Always thought an open-area of tarmac for car testing/drift purposes would be enhanced by the the odd park bench/planter box/some curb variations. Prolly' defeats the purpose of the wide open surface as it's traditionally intended, but, hey.

6. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Your welcome to my "Opinion" mate because that all it is , just like your entitled to your opinion , and in answer to your question =
    So you really believe that if Kuno opens the already existing skid pan area the sim will suddenly turn into an arcade racer like NFS? ,Nope, I never said that , maybe you should read my post again , I said the other games mentioned are like drifting games because of the TRUE lack of feel ...
    I also said we have a Drift track in the sim , so why do we need the devs to work on another drift area now at this stage when the sim needs a lot more content added for the non drift fans to enjoy, THEN maybe the devs can accommodate everybodys wishes WHEN the sim is complete , is this too much to ask for ?

7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Maybe I misunderstood your post when you wrote: "Don`t really want this great sim turning into the mentioned games or NFS"?!
    Don't get me wrong, I am waiting for AI and MP too. In the meantime, until it is released, I started experimenting with drifting and enjoyed this new driving technique a lot. But I realized that I could learn faster if I could experiment on a track with more space and without obstacles. I thought that implementing a plain field of tarmac (which already exists in the sim!) would not be a big thing for the DEVs and therefore NOT delay AI/MP.

8. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Lets hope we all get want we want from the sim when its completed .....
    The reference to the other games is that the physics in them (in my opinion) is rubbish compared to AC , you slip and slide all over the place and can therefore most of the time you are drifting all over the place , I personally enjoy chasing a lap time by trying to hit the braking marks and apexes lap after lap .....
    Sure we will all get what we want from this sim when it complete , until then make good of what we have at the moment , I say again ,each to there own , and I`m not here to wind anybody up however I am entitled like the rest to an opinion and don`t expect snide remarks about having an air of arrogance , maybe to accuse someone is to be arrogant ?

9. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

There won't be any new drift track in the next update.
    Question answered, thread now useless.
    Closed.