1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New graphics engine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cgorman68, Jul 18, 2014.

1. cgorman68

cgorman68 Rookie

Anyone have any screenshots that show off the capabilities of the new engine?

Or before and after benchmarks?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine crashing when entering video/graphics settings Nov 29, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues HDR handling by graphics engine Jan 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Questions about the graphics engine May 12, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nvidia g-sync w/ new graphics engine? Jul 20, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Misano - skybox black flashes, graphics glitches, FPS drops Mar 10, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error - Problem with AMD Graphics Card? - Solved May 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions graphics old assetto corsa Mar 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions horrible graphics. Jan 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Graphics/lag on race updates Sep 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS is low with new Graphicscard RTX 3080 Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Compeotizione - G923 - turning steering wheel freezes graphics but sound still plays Mar 27, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Terrible shadow rendering no matter what graphics used Jan 25, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get sharpest/crispiest graphics after V1.8? Jan 16, 2022

3. My first impressions are not very good but because its in a testing fase we have to wait. Right now colours are washed out compared to previous version. Sky is burned and tree self shadows are almost black. Light intensity is completely unbalanced. AC now looks much more to older generation games than before this update but as I said it could be a temporary step so I don't think its fair to do a bad judge of this new shaders.

4. Omnax

Omnax Rookie

It is not shaders. Try to switch off HDR. You will loose some post effects, but colors will be much more balanced.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's probably a good idea to try default settings in any external gfx driver programs you may have. Nvidia Inspector and such.

It's easy to forget that you've changed things months ago.

dubbsta78 likes this.
  6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please post a screenshot and also your video settings if possible. We never had this problem in testing

7. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

raw pic, pp on max, fxaa off, 72% saturation
    [​IMG]

donShere, C3PO, GothaR and 4 others like this.
  8. cgorman68

cgorman68 Rookie

Gorgeousssss

9. Jekay

Jekay Simracer

Is it the same on non modded tracks?

10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

It's not default AC look, I got sweet-fx (rs&s) + NL mod
    But I am not completely sold on how it looks, need to fiddle with settings again

11. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

12. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

medium graphics, NO HDR, NO Bloom.

13. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Look and see for yourself. This new update destroyed the pleasure to play! Just look at the difference :S As you can see everything is much more whiter now :( Before you could almost say it is a real world and now it is like a to much shiny day! Just please fix this :)

brilliant.jpg not brilliant.jpg

LTC Mike (40plus) likes this.
  14. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

What are we supposed to see there?

Also, with that GPU, I'm pretty sure you could run 16x AF and at least 4xAA. Not sure why you've got those dialled down. :)

William Sebastian, Stepy and Deatroy like this.
  15. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Look at the sky and surface. Its to bright. Look at the color of the sky. It's to bright. You can compare this picture and one from the above...both taken on Nurburgring with Cobra.

nurburgring_2.jpg

16. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Lowering GPU temps and memory usage xD

17. Aris, here it goes. I've made 3 screenshots with diferent exposure values to mach as much as I could with this old screenshot that I made to show my sky colour mod. I'm not sure what version of AC I had when this screenshot was made but it what taken on 2 april. Both are raw images with only a resised aplied.

Old screenshot:

[​IMG]

new screenshots taken today. Same settings with 3 diferent exposure values:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, light distribuition across all objects is completely diferent. When I have the same light on grass and track, trees and back wall are almost black and when I have trees almost good, everything else is over exposed. Colors are also washed out and I have the same color saturation in game.

My GPU is a GTX 770 and both GPU, system and settings are the same between these screenshots.
    As I said on my first post I assumed that this was a necessary step by you guys to fine tune graphic engine, but if not then any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

19. F1Dave

F1Dave Racer

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Hi,

Is it possible something can be done about the trees? I really feel like they could use some improvement generally. However the latest HDR and post processing changes have just made them look really unnatural in my view.

I have included these shots below.

The in-game shots show an overly bright top part of the tree, and then a very dark bottom section. I have included a picture of a real set of trees (from Oulton Park in case anyone is wondering). This "bright top part, darker bottom section" might work on some trees (Pinea etc) but I think on most trees it looks a little off. The light falling on the real trees in the bottom pic is quite uniform all the way down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. F1Dave

F1Dave Racer

upload_2014-7-18_21-5-18.png left is preset 3, right preset 4, maybe my eyes but looks the same to me, quite bright