1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New Tyre V7: next step to realism or just a trueman show?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FALK, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fear not William.. you're not on the sniper target list :)

William Levesque likes this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks. That's the trigger I needed to re-run my camber tests...looking forward to the findings!

Baikal and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  3. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Thanks for answer ).
    For reach the maximum grip in turn IRL we must have zero camber angle in middle of turn. In AC1.4 it was not so. It was not zero angle. Will check it in 1.5 soon . Not so sure about it ...

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Common misconception, I had it too! The goal is NOT to set static camber to a value that will generate a flat, 0° camber outside tyre through a turn...at least that's what was widely agreed upon during the last biv camber discussion.

5. that's so 196o .. it has been covered by Aris many times, run some searches in the forum or perhaps he'll fill in again in this thread.. modern tyres are designed to work with a camber.. so the "equal temp" 1990 videogame trick doesn't work.

aphidgod, Cote Dazur, D1visor and 2 others like this.
  6. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

I am talking about clear theory of car camber. When flat zero camber have maximum contact patch (= grip). I am not talking about car handling. ) If Camber in AC is good - i can set it to zero in turn and watch this zero in MOTEC. Also, i can "overcamber" this tire - then telemetry must to indicate over zero transition. If not- it will be AC fault for me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

And it's wrong. Modern tyres (and I mean from the late 70s onwards), give maximum contact patch with negative camber. They have built in camber thrust in their construction. Nowadays slicks require as much as -2° to -3° WHILE turning. A flat zero camber would give you smaller contact patch.

8. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

OK. Thanks for answer.
    But in AC we have many other older cars and road cars and tires- not only modern slicks . ;)
    Can't wait i load AC with MOTEC and see the camber curves )

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  9. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

With zero camber mid corner, tire rides on "outer shoulder" because of deflection even on older generation tires ... unless it is crossply baloons.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's why we must test both cases ;-) Last time the Audi GT3 gained around .5 to 1 deg pos camber through the turn.

I mainly want to find out if the twmp spread and lap times are in conformance with camber...can't wait to test!

Baikal likes this.
  11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

And that for those works properly. You might have noticed that they came with default setup at around -1 to -1.5° and it doesn't really pays a lot to put them to extreme values

sacredaardvark likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@Baikal The camber value can be established with temps. Example: manufacturer x recommends a temp spread of 10 deg plus an absolute temp range. You set your camber and find out what value gets you there.

13. Those are the Vintage tires?

Sent using Tapatalk

14. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Yes IRL. But if i correct understood Stefano- 3point temps\pressure datas is not fully implemented to camber theme for now. And 3 point temps is not in API now...

15. Lord Kunos said:
    yes you can.
    It's the pressure that is not correctly reflected in the IMO temps.. camber is ok.

[​IMG]

16. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

Where can we find the optimal tire pressure for all the tires?

Thanks

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol...this is literally the statement that started the new found camber enthusiasm like 1 page earlier. Now we know the half-life of forum information ;-)

Tony74 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Lord. Ahh my bad english ))) So sorry for my misunderstandings here ) Thanks for picture- its helps to me in understand ))) So please, bring IMO in API as soon as possible!
    All the best!

19. tabis

tabis Simracer

x:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\v1.5_tyres_ac

20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

........................................e poi il silenzio.........................

Aris for President.;)