1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 No analog stick throttle option?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by hibachi, Aug 25, 2016.

1. hibachi

hibachi Rookie

Had play with the wheel earlier today and thought i'd have a crack at some drift but wit my control pad and found only 3 set up options? I have and always will only play with the throttle and brake set up on the right analog stick in car games and or sims. Seriously 3 set ups is up there with need for speed and the crew as far as options. With my elite controller i can put any button any where but i cant change the triggers to the sticks so i'm fair upset.
    I dont always feel like plugging in the sim rig to my console which is in the other room and i have a bad back to deal with so sitting on my lounge n kicking back is often where im at. Why no option to put any button anywhere? its a console and as such mapping the controller is a massive part of the experience. This is a deal breaker for me. I only use triggers for clutch and handbrake and L1 R1 for gears. I have the option to return this game with in 10 days and if there's no chance of you guys delivering an update to allow a controller config to suit my style then its for sure going back.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can't use analog stick to map buttons May 9, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [EA - 1.3] Fanatec LH Analog Joystick Not Supported? Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Head movement with Analog Stick from Fanatec Wheel? Dec 16, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Can't set right analog stick to glance camera Feb 14, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions How to drive with duashock4 not by analog sticks Oct 3, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Analog stick head turn Dec 25, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Analogstick steering acceleration Dec 23, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Looking around with the right analog stick with an Xbox 360 controller Nov 22, 2013
    General modding discussion analog clock implementation Oct 7, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Feature request: map analog axis to digital function? Aug 17, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Analog ERS/KERS cluster finally working... May 16, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 + t80 ferrari 488 gtb Wheel? Nov 7, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Audi quattro s1 no analog handbrake Dec 9, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues F1 Dual analog Gamepad Ferrari 150th Italia Exclusive Edition Sep 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Cost-effective analog handbrake? Jul 2, 2017

3. XR Mitch9003

XR Mitch9003 Rookie

No way to customize key bindings. I am suffering too because I can not use my clutch pedal for braking ingame. The brake of the logitech g920 is pretty hard and therefore I can not really enjoy the game

4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

You have a Logitech G920 Steering Wheel & Pedals combo? And you'd prefer to use the clutch pedal as the brake pedal and have the brake pedal just do nothing? Am I interpreting that correctly? I find this very interesting. Which other driving games have you been able to successfully do this with your G290?

5. XR Mitch9003

XR Mitch9003 Rookie

Hey Alb,

yes that is what I wanted to say. It is just way too hard to press the brake pedal while racing properly for me. I bought it last year in the week before christmas and used it for Project Cars and Dirt Rally on the Xbox One

6. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I have always played using the right analog stick (PS4) for throttle and braking and I agree that there must be the ability to customise controls. I hope to see this in an update very soon.

Ebojager, Marvin.Gayral and talby71 like this.
  7. hibachi

hibachi Rookie

Good to hear I'm not the only one. I started using this way of driving way back in Gan Turismo 1 and Sega Dreamcast days. I tried four finger trigger throttle/brake and gears combo but it doesn't feel comfortable and I don't like the idea of being able to use the brakes and gas at the same time. I hope to hear a response from Assetto if they can sort this or not. If they can sort it in the near future i'm happy to wait but if not i'm out

8. Marvin.Gayral

Marvin.Gayral Rookie

Same here... undrivable form me at this point. I need the Right Analog Stick
    Thanks in Advance ;-)

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  9. Ebojager

Ebojager Rookie

I too need throttle on analog stick. Its so much better on gamepad that way, much more control. Even the PS2 version of Gran Turismo had this setup.

10. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Hi Scuderia Paul! I agree with all of the console players. You guys need freedom to customize the controls. It seems to be a very big complaint in terms of how many people are ticked off about it. Hopefully they are working on a solution for you guys right now. Hang in there...

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  11. hrusa2

hrusa2 Rookie

I cant play this game now because I use right stick to accelerate too. I hope there is an update soon. Thanks.

ALB123 likes this.
  12. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

It took me about 30mins to adapt to using the triggers and I'm flying now - Well, I'm comfortable at least - but I would still prefer the ability to use R-Stick.

Such a good experience with the DS4 so I cannot wait for my wheel.

ALB123 likes this.
  13. Jacorius

Jacorius Gamer

I totaly agree with that, and for a good reason, I play with a psx2 controller on PC since day one (more than 1000 hours on steam) with the two analog sticks. After some tweakings, I can be very competitive, with clean races, and can beat lot of wheel players. Of course, the best racers use wheel and pedals, with which you can be more precise and constant.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016