1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

No th8rs, what shifter is there to buy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Nov 14, 2014.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Just went to purchase a Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter, and found that they are no longer for sale. There is the new TH8A shifter, but it also is not yet for sale.

Is there any other quality shifters for desktops out there? I know about Fanatec, but they are much too expensive, and can't be mounted to a table very easily. Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room How can i set up my G25 with TH8rs shifter? Sep 27, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Cannot shift using paddles on Stickshift Cars after removing th8RS shifter Oct 1, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions software glitch of TH8RS H-shifter Aug 28, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions MY TH8RS H-shifter doesn't work in AC Aug 28, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs shifter- can't assign up/down shift with sequential Jul 17, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs shifter issue Jan 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Th8rs shifter Oct 29, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues 2 shifters TH8RS-in H mode w/o 1st gear Nov 12, 2013
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues TH8RS tensioning Oct 20, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions TH8RS PROBLEM Feb 22, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions TH8rs PS4 FINALLY FOUND A WORK AROUND! Oct 7, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions finally got th8rs working again. Sep 7, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Playstation 4 TH8RS steps taken with no success thread Sep 5, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs (glance backwards) = 1st gear Aug 3, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs not working on track Jun 23, 2014

3. Thrustmaster and Fanatic are the only two that I know of that are worth having. (as far as H-pattern)

4. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

G27 shifters on their own pop up on eBay every now and then and you can get a USB converter for it. Not as good as the TH8RS but does the job.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  5. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

You can get a table mount for the fanatec shifter, look on there website , I have had the TH8RS and to be honest the Fanatec is far superior in every way and worth the extra expense ...

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The TH8A is definitely on sale already but stock is very low. Amazon.co.uk had them earlier this week but are out again now.

I ordered one about three weeks ago which is due to turn up tomorrow.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  7. mojodude

mojodude Gamer

What State are you in? Micro Center has them in stock at some of their stores but not on their web site.

8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Won't say state here, lol, but I'll check microcenter :)

spiritofsenna likes this.
  9. mojodude

mojodude Gamer

Good luck! I really like mine.

10. Turk

Turk Alien

I just got a fanatec shifter, the standard one with out switch to sequential. There's very little in the box, they don't even supply sufficient cabeling. If I didn't have the cheapo shifter set I probably wouldn't have had a long enough cable to use the new shifter.

It was easy to make a bracket, just got a strip of steal and bent it into an L shape and drilled some holes in the desk.

Its a great shifter though. Really solid and easy to use.

11. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Fanatec CSS :cool:

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Aren't they all only available for preorder, OP will have better chance to find TH8S/RS by the time they ship. Also there were some problems with earlier SQ so they had to pull it off the market, updated versions just started to ship, we have yet to see reliability on the new one.

13. hazardic

hazardic Alien

what's the difference between TH8RS and TH8A? just bought today t500rs with th8rs shifter (begin testing it now) and just wonder, do i need to buy another one th8a?

14. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I think I read the TH8A has a special connector for the TX and T300RS wheels and is made for PS4/XB1 but I'm not 100% certain.

hazardic likes this.
  15. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I've heard on forums the TH8A has issues, that the old model was more robust and reliable :(

Matty28 and hazardic like this.
  16. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

I've used the Fanatec CSS SQ for a good while now (the old version) and just got the new one delivered which I have yet to try. This is because I used a shifter of a friend of mine, but had not a single problem with the old version so I'm keeping that as it's already mounted in the cockpit.

Amazing shifter, and an absolutely fantastic sequential!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk