1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oculus Rift price drop (US, Canada, other places?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mms, Mar 3, 2017.

1. You know very well 90% of the time it would be used to give the finger to the other player... :-D

2. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

That's not entirely accurate.

I was privileged to be able to attend a meeting with my father where we saw the next generation of mobile computer. It is, quite literally, the size of two ball point pens.

One pen sets up and is the projector for the screen and keyboard and mouse pad. The other pen is the processing unit that can simply stay in your pocket or you can just lay it on the desk/table. The projector pen projects a keyboard onto the table top and a screen on any surface nearby. (It's aimable) You simply type on the light keyboard and voila!

The sensors are fine enough to tell which letter your fingertips touch on any surface the keyboard is projected onto and translate that onto the virtual screen projected on whatever surface you chose. (At the display, the keyboard was projected onto the table we were all sitting at and the screen was the mans brief case he stood on end.)

It was truly remarkable.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  3. Tony74

Tony74 Racer

I'm just sick & tired of all the passive-aggressive people on forums who deliberately join a discussion with the intention of bringing as much negativity towards the topic as possible when the original discussion didn't invite this kind of debate.
    As for your comment about how I talk to people 'in the street' - that one made me laugh. In reality, the situation is always the other way round - people talk to me in that passive-aggressive way, so I respond like I did previously, and they very quickly shut up.
    Insidious people really are a cancer in this society - our modern world is becoming more & more twisted & sick. Nobody is honest anymore. They hide behind anonymity and throw veiled insults from the safety of their room in 'places unknown'.
    You guys just don't even live in a 'real' world anymore. Nobody has to be personally accountable for their selfish attitudes anymore, and nobody has any regard for truth or feels any guilt for being basically 'evil' - manipulating & deceiving others every day for selfish short-term gains.
    This whole VR thing & PC gaming in general is a perfect illustration of this decline in society. All the 'I want I want' forum threads, and such a narrow-minded focus on self-gratification with total disregard for any of the terrible suffering in the world - even the crap going on in your local area is conveniently ignored while you show off how proud you are of having lots of money which you spend on expensive luxuries while others starve & cry out for justice.
    I was 'nearly' just as guilty of this myself, but I've also suffered a lot in my past so I've seen both sides, and I've never allowed myself to 'consume excessively' like most people.
    If I ever met any of you in real life I'd not even waste my time discussing anything.
    Don't really know why I bothered cos I doubt a single one of you will stop & think, and your responses..... will be passive aggressive + insidious + undermining.

Please someone..... pleasantly surprise me. Don't read my words as some 'irrational' angry rant. Please at least if ONE of all of you manages to WAKE UP from the addictive consumerism & self-entitlement then my words will not be a complete waste. Please start to be more honest with each other - more direct. Don't use your words like Grima Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings - everyone could see he was an evil bad guy - don't be like that.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    jim jones likes this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Tried CV1, resolution of the hardware was disappointing. Rest was awesome, for WAY cheaper price might consider as alternative for triples. In Finland currently no price drops. I hope VR doesn't die away, because with higher resolution it would be totally ground breaking thing. But on the other hand, it's too expensive to buy just to support development of technology.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

For many VR is already a totally ground breaking thing. Sorry to read that you are not taking the time to optimize your experience with the CV1, I only have a DK2 and although I would enjoy a better resolution, it is good enough to rip all the other VR benefits.
    To each his own.

mms likes this.
  6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hmm, I think I've had this conversation with you. Or maybe it wasn't you. But I took time to optimize experience, I tested CV1 for nearly a month before I returned it to store (30-day money back guarantee) and turned every stone in search to improve the image quality, because I was seriously considering to keep it. I heard that getting used to it requires adjustment period, so luckily I could have nearly 4 weeks of that. Motion sickness was never problem for me though

As I said the problem for me was the hardware resolution, not something you can change by tweaking software settings, any more than you can make 1920 x 1080 screen be more than 1920 x 1080. I tried several VR applications and all had the issue, ASW was already a thing so I could crank the settings pretty high with my 980 ti. And I'm fully aware it's ground breaking for some, but if I was buying a Rift I would want to hear honest opinions of all kinds, not just 1-dimensional hype where every other view is suppressed by angry VR mob. It's a bit amusing how every YouTube video that dares to criticize (resolution being one complaint in nearly all of them) VR gets downvoted hard. Probably mostly by people who never tried Rift

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Cote Dazur and Andrew_WOT like this.
  7. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

My cousin bought VR and really loved it, but for the price the resolution it has at the moment just wasn't acceptable, he returned and we are eagerly awaiting a new headset from somebody with more clarity. It's an instant buy once this happens for us personally, mainly for sim racing.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Exactly, when (if) they put a headset out with clearly improved resolution, I'll be first to get one (if my PC specs/wallet allows that at the time it happens) And ditch triples for good. All other aspects of it were indeed superior to anything out there

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It was not me, I think, :), but I did not realized you had tried it, you gave it a fair trial, it seems.
    I hope the resolution improve for both of us. For you because now you know how nice it can be and for me because although I could not do SIM without VR already, better resolution will only make it better.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  10. mms

mms Alien

I tried Robo Recall yesterday, it's a stupid shooting game but hilarious and so much fun. The touch controllers really give another dimension to the immersion.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yep, it's interesting how Touch-enabled VR can make almost any game way more fun. This is not something I would play normally but, it's great for times where I feel like I need a little diversion or need a little break from the more serious stuff. :)

mms likes this.