1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Official licensed content in assetto corsa (deprecated thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Champion Hero, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I would love it if we could have a few more British brands represented in the car roster. Us Brits don't really have a mass market car maker any more now that Rover / MG went under, and although MG are kinda back in some form, they are made in China and only assembled here, and aren't British owned any more, but then again, Jaguar Land Rover aren't British owned any more either, but they are designed and assembled in the UK. It seems as though apart from Jaguar / Land Rover there isn't really a mass market car maker in the UK any more, just smaller sports cars brands. I would love to see Jaguar, Aston Martin and Bentley considered. With Bentley though I can only really think of the Continental and the GT3 version, maybe the Speed 8. Aston Martin and Jaguar though have a mass of appropriate cars for both the road and track.

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The dev's have suggested that they have quite a few licences that they haven't publicly announced yet. Aston was on the dev's dream pack list so I'd imagine they're just waiting to announce it.

Jaguar and Bentley, I can't imagine there'd be any problem with them. The only licences that seem difficult are Porsche, obviously and F1 teams.

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Yeah, of all the licenses which you can get (not talking about tracks here) I think these are the hardest to get:
    Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari and race series licenses (Blancpain series, Nascar, F1, ...) because you'll also need the car licenses for that (I think).

4. You don't need the car licenses if you license a series. (which is why Forza 5 was allowed to license the 2012 or 2013 Lotus F1 car even though Codemasters has the series license)

5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Aight, thanks for pointing that out. Didn't know that. :)

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

From what I have heard there is no posibility to get a Porsche license since EA have all the rights to it.

7. Technically there is (Forza did it with DLC for their 4th iteration of the Motorsport series), but you need a hell of a lot of money to even get them thinking about giving you a license...

8. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

Yes you need. In RaceRoom Racing, They have licensed ADAC GT Master series 2013 and 2014 and there is no porsche in the game

9. Do you know how much money it would cost Codemasters if they had to license every new Formula 1 car that was made every year? On top of already buying the massively expensive F1 license?

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Did they have to pay EA to get license to have a Porsche in the DLC?

Because I guess they can "borrow" it. If thats the case I think EA might have done a big deal and get a lot of offers.

11. Porsche sold a lot of their actual license to EA, so yes the Forza devs (read Microsoft) had to pay both
    (AFAIK)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Ok, thanks for clearing it up

13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Yep, I guess someone could licence something like blancpain, but they would either have to leave porsche totally out, or have some kind of fake porsche, like the "darche" or something.

It's not impossible to do, as simbin obviously had an issue with the licence for Mercedes which is why in the stcc game it appears as "BMS Incognito", but shares the same body shape.

14. There is probably variation in the contracts they sign....the Codies' F1 one probably lets them make all of the cars that race in the series each year. The Sector3 one probably isn't that flexible with the license.

15. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't disagree more. Motorsport even more today is not an evolution. In some series it's a regression. Not sure how much you know of the cars from the 70's through the 90's, but the cars from then were nuts. Just look at group c cars from the 80's and early 90s.

I see people complaining about how slow gt cars are or the super cars are and that really disappoints me. People really need to do some research and try older slower cars out to understand just how freaking fast the new cars are.

Nahkamarakatti and Mogster like this.
  16. The difference is if you crashed in a group c car you died. Now you don't.

17. Leemstradamus

I agree 100%!

18. And modern LMP cars are IMO much more impressive than the Group C cars are (not were, because they were incredible for the time period). Modern cars have to deal with all of the regulations, yet they are faster per lap and have 300 horsepower less (LMP1s with no hybrid systems).

Leemstradamus likes this.
  19. Leemstradamus

The new LMP1 is more in spirit of group c in my opinion. The cards today are freaking space ships and so much more safe.

20. Leemstradamus

I agree they are amazing but for those who say just give me new cars they are missing out and the fact that those cars were full manual. Those cars and that amount of concentration was impressive. Today the drivers have to look after all the electronics which is equally impressive but the old cars were so much more fly by wire.

It's like saying I only like new fighter planes and not being in awe by the old ww2 stuff.