1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oh, so this is why Codie's isn't bring VR support to F1 2017

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Haiden773, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

mms, Nahkamarakatti and Cote Dazur like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics [Shared Memory] maxFuel isn't affected by track bop Dec 26, 2021
    ACC General Discussions ACC isn't clicking for me Jun 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Online isn't connecting Jun 2, 2020
    ACC Physics maybe this isn't a BoP question or maybe it is - little help pls? Apr 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Zero Damage isn't? Apr 20, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals augury direct drive isn't recognized by steam Dec 30, 2019
    ACC Physics Rear disc temp in Tyres App isn't accurate Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Trying to access the Competition Server - Isn't working? Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI isn't able to lap other AI cars, and other blue flag issues Oct 26, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues This auto-clutch isn't an auto-clutch Jan 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room AI isn't invincible Dec 12, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues The benchmark isn't representative enough. Dec 3, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues In Game Audio App isn't Saving Changes Oct 26, 2016
    Console Lounge Prestige DLC isn't working Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is dirty air a thing? Because if it isn't, the placebo value is over 9000! Jul 18, 2016

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Codemasters are useless & will never see another $ from me..

schmron, Blamer and Slave1 like this.
  5. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Ridiculous, in the very next paragraph they give the true justification they were lazy to rewrite their OSD, just like they are lazy to do mouse support...

6. magzire

magzire Alien

Amateurs, bunch of cowboys!
    How fun if kunos got the licence :)

7. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

When are these companies going to figure out no vr means no buy for a lot of us and that number keeps growing.

Serge M, JoeMoore, vlado Cro and 3 others like this.
  8. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

What i heard is that their game engine is way out date and that the new F1 game is a real performance hog. The game engine wouldn't be able to deliver enough fps for VR.

The whole OSD thing is bull****, a real F1 driver doesn't have this either. Just make sure there's a working display on the wheel.

Rosko likes this.
  9. Its quite well optimised for me. Game's pretty good as well.

Dookie likes this.
  10. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Codepasters are pushing the boundaries of physics, that has to be the best joke I have heard in a while.

Why would they want to add VR, they have a very nice cash cow there already. Minimum effort, maximum return.
    Its easier for them to release the same game every year with different liveries, so they will rinse and repeat ad infinitum

APC900, schmron, Horus and 2 others like this.
  11. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

"...we're pushing the boundaries when it comes to our physics,” said Mather...

AccAkut likes this.
  12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Oh man, the experts know-better-than-devs talk at this hour makes my head burn....

Where's my coffee and where do I exit this thread?..

vlado Cro, Jebus, Rosko and 2 others like this.
  13. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, I needed that, been having a really ****ty day but that got a smile on my face :D

Haiden773 likes this.
  14. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, the No VR = No Buy goes for me to. For me, it's not "a VR is the best thing", although I do prefer it. But I tried to play F1 and AMS after months of being in VR, and I just don't feel like readjusting to the 2D. Even in my best car/track combos, I was blowing braking points, having a real hard time with distance and speed, and everything just seemed flat. I know I'd get used to it again. I just don't want to. I like the F1 series for what it is and will miss it. I hope AMS gets VR support soon. That's one I'm definitely missing. But AC, rF2, and R3E, PCars2, and iRacing are more than enough to deal with the loss of one sim. :)

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Once you have been in the game for a while, going back to watching the game is not an option any more, the feeling of driving, the immersion, will not be there anymore.
    Might as well going back to GT6 with a game pad and take pictures of the cars LOL.

morpwr69, Haiden773 and Pretend racer like this.
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hate to say but that sounds a bit like an excuse. What has physics to do with VR. Graphics engine would seem more logical. Or maybe he meant console hardware limitation or something like that.. sounds just a bit odd

LChaves likes this.
  17. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Who is Codemasters again ?
    Oh, wait ... not a company to take serious .

^^

18. Bill Wiskins

Bill Wiskins Hardcore Simmer

They'll 'figure that out' when the number grows enough for it to make any kind of dent in their profit at all. All I see is folks demanding that they won't buy F1 2017 until there's VR, and yet... there it is, currently #9 on the Steam top sellers chart.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  19. chakko

chakko Alien

I really respect them for what they achieved. I've been a frequent player of some of their games, like TOCA, TOCA 2, and the Colin McRae series until part 4 or so. But, they kind of lured me into buying Dirt Rally, because they heavily marketed it with realistic physics and all that, so i bought the Beta. Really only played for 2 hours, and then went back to Richard Burns Rally. Waste of money. I do understand why they do it though. The kids are just easily bought with "realistic physics" you can handle in 5 minutes from the couch with a gamepad, and can't be arsed to practice for a long time to be able to handle it. Probably was my own stupidity anyway that Codemasters would do anything remotely like a "sim".

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@chakko - i had fun with those tittles too, about 15-20 years ago.. i reluctantly bought f1 2016 to try out my new CSW and have a little fun.. i didnt expect AC or rf2 physics and ffb, maybe pcars level.. however what joke it was and it still had flaws that i & others were *****ing about back in f1 2010. I dont respect big companies that rake in truck loads of money and dont take their users overly seriously..

21. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Actually Dirt Rally gave us all a little glimpse of hope.
    But Dirt4 was a total let down, can't believe they could screw something so badly.

Dean Ogurek likes this.