1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Online Lobbies Variety Needs Work

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Mar 10, 2017.

1. First off, there are multiple server with the same exact setup that no one uses. There's no road car races other than the Porsche one which has cars that are not even in the same league.

There's no GT2 servers anymore, just an Endurance server with the GT2 cars against LMP cars... Why are there servers with such imbalanced racing? Then there's the Red Bull GP Porsche Cup, with half Cayman GT4 and half Porsche 911 GT Cup cars.

There's nothing for Lotus 98T, the F1 cars can't go to Spa? F1 on Spa should be a given. And there are many other cars that you simply can't race online, or have to race against something that's just not in the same league.

We don't have private lobbies, and who knows when it's coming, at least put some thought and variety in the online servers. Instead of having the same server 12 times that no one wants, why not have some equal racing and variety? Instead, there's the same stupid options no one wants to race. The only servers that actually get filled are the same GT3 @ Spa/Monza/Red Bull Ring.

And even in the GT3 races, the Silverstone GP and Nordshleife Endurance race don't have the Porsche 911 GT3. Why?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Multiplayer lobbies online dead.. Feb 20, 2018
    Console Lounge Tires regulations for online lobbies Sep 20, 2017
    Console Lounge No lobbies online Aug 2, 2017
    Console Lounge Why such a poor variety and very few updates of online lobbies? Feb 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Online behavior in Lobbies Nov 9, 2016
    Console Lounge I made an online championship with public lobbies (very hard, but possible!) Oct 19, 2016
    Suggestions Online - make mid race lobbies visible Sep 19, 2016
    Suggestions Private online lobbies Aug 26, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9.8.3 Patch - Broken Online Feb 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Play Online Sep 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023

3. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

Yeah, would love a few events for the Porsche 962C & 917K, Lotus 98T and other historic cars. GT3 is nice but give us some variety.

LucaBenj likes this.
  4. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

+1

5. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

:D:D
    i like this post alot

6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Great post, but it's been said so many times in loads of different threads.

7. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Fully agree, seeing GT3 GT3 GT3, Drift Drift Drift Spa Spa Spa Tourist Tourist Tourist has gotten incredible tedious.

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Yep, variety on the public servers is just extremely poor. Even less updates recently. To have a decent multiplayer, you need at least deep updates every 15 days (Driveclub for example of another game on consoles with the same system of online public multiplayer, updates its lobbies every 3-4 days or so)

I opened other threads about it, but it seems Kunos don't saw it or care about this issue.
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...and-very-few-updates-of-online-lobbies.43285/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...rations-suggestions-for-public-lobbies.41667/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ty-in-public-lobbies-sign-if-you-agree.37903/

The multiplayer could be glorious with the amount of cool cars and tracks AC has. Such an amount of good material wasted...

And, even with private lobbies, public lobbies should be updated more frequently.

10. Athix01

Athix01 Rookie

Agree! Online racing can be extremely rewarding in this game due to the diffuculty and feel, which makes the unfortunate setup the more frustrating.

SlimCharles likes this.
  11. The servers are still the same. On PC, the servers are much more varied. Why can't the console servers be like that? Can we PLEASE get a little more variety in the online servers? For example, MX5 Cup at Imola would be nice. Some one make road cars at Magione/Vallelunga (sp?) ... a room for the 98T at Brands Hatch/Imola/Spa.... Modern F1 @ Spa. Also, road car races instead of only track days would nice.

Also, track days for tracks other than Nord and for different types of race cars as well as road cars.

I mean, if we're not getting private lobbies this month, could you please at least make the online lobbies selection better?

EDIT - Please bring back the GT2 races @ Mugello instead of making it a mixed class race. Those don't do so well. You could also do Porsche 919 LMP @ Spa and Silverstone.

The one make Porsche GT Cup 2017 and Cayman GT4 races would be nice too.. the half and half rooms aren't popular. The multi-class rooms just don't seem to work that well.

EDIT2 - And a Praga R1 race server.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  12. Actually, after trying the Endurance race mixed class, they are pretty fun. But I'd still prefer there to be an option of the one-make/same-class race with those cars. You could split it to a few servers with mixed class, and a few with the same-class/one-make.

13. A2J2

A2J2 Gamer

Not to mention the formula abarth at smaller more technical tracks like brands, nurburgring, Barcelona vallelunga. Guess waiting for the update is keeping my hope alive that it will hopefully launch the game into cult status for me it's up there with split screen battles I used to have with my dad on gran tourismo 4 just need some more variety

alternatingcurrent likes this.
  14. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

I hope your not forgetting that this game has got the best physics and ffb . Apparently

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  15. I've heard many people (including Assetto players) say that rFactor 2 has the best physics in any game. There's a lot of extra detail and mechanics in that game that's not in AC. AC is still up there though. Most people rank it right behind rFactor 2 from what I've seen. Definitely going to get that on Steam as soon as it goes on sale.

And GTR 3 looks really promising. GTR 2 was made back around 2003 and if you play that, it's almost as good as the sims out today... so way ahead of it's time. Very high hopes for GTR 3 as well, plan to get that.

16. A2J2

A2J2 Gamer

Thought that was implied by the cult status

17. degobiol

degobiol Gamer

I totaly agreed with all of that, and would like to understand something, why online races start on automatic mode, without anybody inside ? Sometimes I finaly decide wich race I want to make, choose an empty lobby, and then a message told me "race is currently started"... I would like to see the results of a race with the leafs VS the wind ;)
    Isn't it possible to begin the start countdown only when some one is in ?

alternatingcurrent likes this.