1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PC requirements ?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by BBernes, Sep 21, 2016.

1. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I am sorry that this is not a console post but the PC forum is under lockdown, and I see that a lot of people are hanging out in this section.
    So a good friend has an extra PC I can get with minimal expense (free).

It is a core i5 with 16GB of ram and a GTX 780 card it is missing a HD so that need replacing.

So what do I need on my list to get Assetto Corsa up and running and how much is it going to cost me.

Preliminary list: (what am I missing)
    SSD hard drive? (Do I need SSD)
    Windows 10 license?
    The actual game and dlc (price)
    55 inch curved TV (cheap low latency 22ms)
    Voice chat system ? is it in the game ?
    Other needed software and licenses ?

Please recommend me some equipment so I can see if this is within my budget.
    Also if there is someone that does remote installs and configuration (price?) as I don't have unlimited time to spend on this project.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues 108 Car Nordschlief Grid Requirements? (Mod) Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA 80 cannot join multiplayer race with SA 80 requirements Mar 30, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Mandatory 0/255 Vaild Requirements Box Jun 30, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Competition server requirements Feb 1, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server Requirements Jan 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Slot Requirements Oct 26, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [important to read!] requirements for a league thread Jun 13, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server requirements not met May 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Minimum requirements for the ACC dedicated server May 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC - Dedicated server Requirements Mar 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions WMR minimum requirements Oct 25, 2018
    ACC Hardware Discussions System requirements for ACC Feb 21, 2018

3. All you need is a hdd (>$100), Windows 7, 8, or 10, ($100), AC + all current DLC (>$70).

You can go buy a thousand dollar tv if you want, but whatever screen you have your console hooked up to will work. There is no voice chat on PC for AC.
    There should be plenty of youtube tutorial videos on how to plug in a hdd, you shouldn't need to pay somebody to do it.

Horus likes this.
  4. Gunja

Gunja Alien

A friend of mine is running AC on i3, 4GB ram and HD6870
    He is using med to high settings at 1080p and claims he only has problems with more than 15 ai cars.

My guess would be that you can use that PC even with triple screen setup. 780 is pretty good card still.
    You dont "need" SSD, but it loads stuff quite faster than HDD. Once the stuff is loaded, it has no impact on performance compared to normal hard drive.
    Yes, you need windows to play. Can be 7, 8 or 10
    Teamspeak is most used voice chat on PC and it's free.
    AC price here http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

You are not missing anything, that rig is more than enough for handling AC with no issues.
    You do not need an SSD, I'm running my AC off of an HDD because my AC folder is enormous due to mods and I don't wanna waste precious SSD space.
    Just get a windows license from kinguin or something for cheap, is a simple enough thing. Installing windows is not black magic. Literally takes a flash drive and two clicks.
    Price of AC - 29.99$, DP1 - 9.99$, DP2 - 7.99$, DP3- 7.99$, Red Pack - 9.99$, Japanese Pack - 4.99$, Triple Pack - 2.99$... again google is a thing.
    Don't know about TV, do some research yourself...
    No VOIP ingame, so doesn't matter.
    What do you mean by "other softwares"? No other softwares are needed for running AC.

Horus likes this.
  6. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

Your getting a free PC which has 16GB of RAM and a 780?? Lucky beggar!! My clocked 780 alone cost me about £350! Yeah, runs like a dream on my 780. Maxed out get about 50fps, tone the reflections and shadows down and 60fps no probs...

Horus likes this.
  7. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I am looking at a 4K curved Samsung tv but 4K maybe way over what the 780 can handle. 1080p may be enough for that card ?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I can build the computer with my eyes closed;) that is not the part I am worried about. But I do not have "days" to setup the software and tweak drivers. The console is hooked up to a projector so a can use that as a temporary solution.

9. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I have an old iPad 1 that is just collecting dust on a shelf, I was hoping that it could be used for a telemetry display of some sort. Do you need extra software to get data to iPad or iPhone ?

10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Yeah, if you want telemetry there is stuff like Z1Dash and Dashmeter Pro for android, I believe there are similar apps for iOS as well.

11. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

The 7 series cards werent meant for 4k really, it was only the 780ti from that series that's properly 4k compatible. My clocked 780 isnt meant to be able to run games in 4k via HDMI but somehow manages to anyway. With the settings turned down a bit can still achieve 60fps with AC. Other games however seem to be pointless trying. Think my 780 isnt far off the Ti's speed so may depend what 780 you have but 4k is still potentially doable...

I play on my 65"4k telly and although it does look stunning in 4k, to get the game looking fantastic while also keeping a solid 60fps which doesnt dip, i go for 1080p and just use all the effects to hide the jaggies etc. Can get it running looking great in 4k but occasionally crashes as dont think it's meant to be able to do 4k gaming and at times the frame rate drops if you havent turned down the settings enough.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    BBernes likes this.
  12. BBernes

BBernes Racer

So you are saying just get a 1080p screen? That is the cheapest opinion, what frame rate do you get in 1080p ?

13. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

If I drop reflections and shadows down to just high then 60fps no problem. Personally if affordable I'd still go for a 4k screen to future proof yourself as my TV is 4k but my monitor is only 2048x1024 (ultra wide screen) and I always regret not getting the 4k monitor for when I do upgrade my graphics card. Obviously depends what your funds are like however...

14. schmron

schmron Racer

Get a SSD (read/write >=500MB/s) instead of HDD (without RAID not more then 100-200MB/s). Tracks like Spa and Nordschleife need a lot of time for loading with a Harddisk. With a SSD (>90 health status) the tracks loading in a few seconds.
    Actually my profile folder is on a harddisk but i can say this is not a good idea (maybe there are caches that loading from user folder).

Also use Windows 7. If you don't need DX12 (few games using it) you don't need Windows 10.
    There are Update-Problems with Windows 7 but if you manual install update-pack it works like a charm

*edit*
    Use a lightwight Anti Virus (No Norton, ...) and exclude steam folder and savegame folder from scanning (and realtime scanning). Also exclude AssettoCorsa.exe and acs.exe from realtime scanning

*edit*
    If you do this you can use AC with a €400 PC (like mine) @ FullHD with stable 50FPS

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  15. schmron

schmron Racer

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/simracing-dashboard-version-1-5-new.2466/
    Just install TelemetrieReader (for firewall setup read the tutorial on the website) and open the dashboard on your tablet. Also multiple devices works fine (using it with Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2 and a Microcontroller with WiFi -> ESP8266).

16. Horus

Horus Alien

If you want voice chat then you can use either Steam or Teamspeak (there are other brands available). Personally I would use Teamspeak as the audio is clearer and it has more options for group chat. You would not be able to talk to everyone on the server you join but if you have a group of friends it is easy enough for you to all get together and have a fun night racing. Is there any real reason you want a 4k TV, there are many great monitors out there 21:9 screens work very well and have lower refresh rates and 4k monitors blow TVs apart (I am not a fan of TVs, so I am bias). You have a very good friend to give you such a great PC, make sure you buy him a few beers as he is a keeper. Good luck getting everything sorted out, I look forward to seeing you on track soon. :)

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The read speeds of course help on loading the content faster, but the bigger advantage of a SSD are the access times (I hope it's the correct term).

These are around 10ms, so a HDD can read 150MB/s if the data is sequential, but if the data is fragmented or simply several small files it takes 10ms (with newer HDDs with lower rpms and higher capacity it even got worse over the years, there you are at 15ms) for every file of fragment there is.
    And there are a sh*tload of small files for loading a AC session or boot windows.

With a high amount of small files the performance gain is bigger through the access times (<1ms) than the (sequential) read speed alone.

So I only use HDDs for storage. Windows, programs and AC a SSD is the only way to go imo.

18. BBernes

BBernes Racer

Now i have it up and running, was a Intel Core i7 Quad 2600K (Sandy Bridge) 3.40GHz With a nVidia GK110 [GeForce GTX 780].
    The game is still downloading.

Schnipp and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

Have fun!

20. BBernes

BBernes Racer

What graphics settings should I leave maxed and what can be turned down I only get average of 62 fps with everything on ultra.

21. For that card I would recommend setting shadow quality, reflection quality, and reflection rendering all to medium and then cap the fps at 63.