1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Please, give us the options so we can fix this

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Kevin Kirk, Feb 21, 2017.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

So you are allowed to point out things with screenshots but I am not?

Im sorry, I gonna leave the thread so you can discus with everyone that agree that gt3 drivers barely see over the steering wheel.

nate, LeDude83, Horus and 2 others like this.
  2. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

I'm just asking you to not turn it into a debate about how high certain real life drivers like there seat insert to be made that's all

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

the eye level in these car are at the shoulders of the lollypop guy for Christ sakes, That's miles away from barely seeing over the steering wheel that seems to be down at my knees. In reality you have VR and this isn't a issue for you so you felt the need to poke a stick at the thread. Congrats on being that guy that caused this issue to be sweeped under the rug again from turning the issue into something that seems like a preference instead of the urgent fix that some players have been waiting for since last august. You are suppose to be helping other console players not shooting holes in things that fixes a huge issue that obviously "we" (judging by other threads) are having.

Sigurd615 and SlideWaze like this.
  4. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

Don't trip Kirk I'm sure the devs see what your talking about.

I hear what you saying to kofo.

paul_wev likes this.
  5. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

I apologize but forgive me for being frustrated but its indeed frustrating that someone would shoot down the thread with a view I didn't even mention had a problem. I posted the dash cam view of the corvette having the problem but yet the need was felt to shoot it down using the cockpit view of the corvette in VR. Allmost the exact opposite of the view I posted having the issue.

svenvangent likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You missunderstood my point. My point was if you put the head forward from the modelled driver thats about where you end up, as in the picture you have with the corvette. A picture from the front:
    [​IMG]
    I agree that you should have more options for fov and seat position, but you cant change up/down on pc neither with the dashcam. Sorry if you took it as i derailed your thread, that was NOT my intention.

SlimCharles, paul_wev and Reinart86 like this.
  7. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I too am frustrated by the lack of adjustment for seat position. The lack of height, reach and tilt coupled with the limited FOV adjustability on console ruins immersion and perception of speed for me.
    If ever there was a case for keyboard / button box support, this is it ! With pCARS, getting a good driving position, coupled with the greater FOV adjustments makes for a more enjoyable experience all round.

svenvangent likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

Is he on dashcam? If so then this is a silly thread. I thought he was in cockpit view.

edit: The reason I call it a silly thread is that dashcam is made to give you a larger fov but also keep the dash visible. Does the cockpit view have adjustments in the console version?

9. Nwg

Nwg Racer

The only adjustment console users can make is the fov between 50-60.

10. Nwg

Nwg Racer

The only adjustment console users can make is the fov between 50-60.

11. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Not only are your eyes above the wing of the car in front and same hight as the lolly pop guy shoulders, but the car in front is bearly bigger than your dash display.

Reinart86 and Kevin Kirk like this.
  12. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

let me take this chance to apologize, I had just spent hours trying to play this game in these locked default views and had just turned the game off in frustration and immediately made the thread. I probally should have took some time to cool down before jumping on the forum. I understand your point and its a good one, but if you notice all of the PC videos of gameplays are shown with adjusted cockpit views. So I have to think the pc guys really like and immediately use the adjustment option when playing the game because they themselves cant enjoy the default views. Well we are stuck with those default and its probally the most maddening thing I have ever experienced since before codemasters added a adjustment option to their F1 games. So once more I apologize for the immediate defensive position I took.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    kofotsjanne likes this.
  13. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

I have noticed on some games switching my xboxone console to 720 gives the screen a slightly wider effect than it does with it set on 1080. 1080 seems to have a "in a tunnel" effect to it. If you don't mind taking that downgrade in graphics. Some games such as project cars it doesn't have any effect but other games like the codemasters games it has a great effect of being a wider, bigger picture, but like I said with worser graphics.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

Not at all, the only value I have changed view wise, and I expect I am not alone, is the FOV (39°), not one car have I seen it necessary to adjusted the seating position.

15. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

......im just going by the number of utube videos that most of them seem to have custom camera views. Also 39 is well below anything near to what we can do so yes, you are still using more adjustments than are available to us. Still the easiest most obvious clue that the default view is much to high and in need of adjustment is seen in the merc car. The view shows you just slightly below the rear view mirror. A mirror that mounted all the way on upper part of the windshield. It feels wrong and it looks wrong I have to think we can all agree that is much to high, or at least agree players would need to lower the view for a more realistic feeling. upload_2017-2-22_12-2-21.png View attachment 10

16. Horus

Horus Alien

Are you using Dashcam, if so switch to cockpit view.

17. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

........ i would love to do that but Consoles don't have a low enough FOV setting ( only from 50 to 60) to make that work and the cockpit view also is a forced locked view just like the dash cam. Would you honestly enjoy the cockpit view if PC only had the FOV settings of 50 to 60? Other console racing games have it, my understanding is its just a matter of bothering to add it to the game, also there isn't any way possible for them not to understand it would greatly improve console game play. So add it to the game if not by the option menu in the game itself then by opening the dev cam with our keyboards. I cant help but ask while i have your attention but me being so new to this support forum could you tell me the name of the community manager for the forum? I would like to follow and get a alert for their replys and comments they make on our threads providing support on the forum . I havent been on every thread but I cant find any replys on any thread from anyone from kunos in terms of us having any kind of dialog with a community manger or anyone of that nature. Like I said I'm new and I haven't been able to look that much on the PC side to find their replys.

18. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I agree that having the option to adjust for height would be nice.
    I also agree that the screenshots did not match the OP's descriptions.
    Asking for the option is one thing. Describing it as a must have because it is, in his opinion totally off scale, is another

19. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

......judging by the threads players have been asking for it since aug. of last year with the first mention of it being badly needed going back to the "should I buy" video from inside sim racing. That said just let the thread die. Its obvious they are not going to bother with working on the console version by adding these or the other options taken away from the game or they would have put many of these basic 101 sim racing option in to begin with. There was just to many of those features and options that the console is perfectly capable of left out to think they were planning to add them at a later time. These options are not in the game because they didn't want to put them in the game.. Not because they didn't know they were needed.

20. Horus

Horus Alien

Would you honestly enjoy the cockpit view if PC only had the FOV settings of 50 to 60?
    Would I play AC locked to a FOV of 50/60, yes. It would not bother me after getting used to it, as the feel and physics is what makes AC not the FOV.

...my understanding is its just a matter of bothering to add it to the game...
    Adding anything to a game is not as simple as you think, that is why you are not developing your own game right now.

I havent been on every thread but I cant find any replys on any thread from anyone from kunos in terms of us having any kind of dialog...
    To name a few active Dev's Luca, Aristotelis, and Lord Kunos.

Looking at the updates the console has had, it seems there have been many changes and I am sure when Team Kunos have the time they will add more functionality. This is on of those requests that is put in the 'SOON™' tabulations.

paul_wev likes this.