1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Post your track day videos !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by William Levesque, Jun 4, 2015.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Looks fun. Too bad we never got those step versions of the NA Miata. :( Was looking forward to the Spec car, or at least something with more rubber and adjustments.

Doing a couple days at VIR later this month. I'm not into it enough to get a dedicated video camera. What's a good way to use a smartphone as a Go-Pro?

2. None tbh. But you can get a cheap cam for 60-100$, they're almost just as good !

Kristaps and arthur666 like this.
  3. Fun races !

Akis Kev and arthur666 like this.
  4. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Emin likes this.
  5. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

While this is not a track per se it is featured in assetto corsa so think it has a place here

Kristaps and arthur666 like this.
  6. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

It was a public holiday 2 days ago, so...

Radiantm3, Nahkamarakatti and Emin like this.
  7. Emin

Emin Racer

My second time on this track. Driving after rain. Wet/dry conditions. I have also my first video at my channel. Lap time is improved even at worse conditions :)
    Car: Stock 2015 Fiesta Red Edition/Zetec S

arthur666 likes this.
  8. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Ok, FINALLY recorded some driving. :p

Good 2-day session at VIR, Full and Grand.

They mixed us in with the beginners, so there was some pretty bad traffic. Passing only allowed with point by, and only in places were the track is straight. To most beginners, that just front straight, back straight, and bridge straight.
    3rd session of the first day, After finally getting around a blue Audi S3 that just did not want to let me around, ended up with some pretty fun driving.

RS.jpg

Here is one of the more fun sessions in a Fiesta ST on the Grand course. Tires got hot and felt squirrely by the last 2 laps, but the Fiesta is so fun. Still love that car, even after spending a lot of time in the impressive RS.
    ST.jpg

Got to drive both cars on both courses. I think if the Fiesta had been equipped with the Recaro seats, it would have been my favorite. Lift-oversteer in a FWD is more fun than drifty power-on oversteer in a AWD. :)

Emin and hristo1026 like this.
  9. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

My GT350 on track with the crappy stock alignment. Not a fan of the super sports on track either. But still good fun and that noise.

Kristaps, V8_KB, Emin and 3 others like this.
  10. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

...that noise... :D

11. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Going to a market place and order a sport cam. :D

More seriously, guys, could I ask how much are you spending for a trackday ? (I mean not including tyres wear/fuel etc). I'm trying to figure out how much is the minimum cost, because in the classic cars universe (where some people really have much money), the events are far from being cheap... :rolleyes:

12. Emin

Emin Racer

I am paying 250 Turkish liras for 20 mins in Istanbul Park Grand Prix Circuit. It is about 65 usd. It's not cheap based on minimum wage but also very fun even with my 140ps fiesta

Solmyr likes this.
  13. Emin

Emin Racer

Meh. My fiesta sounds better

14. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

$395 for 2 days (4 hours on track) on a world class track is about the best deal going. https://www.trackdaze.com/ All sorts of cars, from race cars to classics.
    Helmet required, $150 for a cheap Simpson.

It's not the cost of the camera, I just don't want more stuff. :p Smartphone was ok. Didn't look great, but I got to see my laps.

What confuses me is people who will spend $2000 on car upgrades, but say $400 for a track day is too expensive. Track time is the cheapest performance upgrade you can buy. Upgrade the driver first, not the car.

Solmyr likes this.
  15. Car clubs in Finland have track days where you can drive without a cost or at very low cost with your own car. Last time the expense was 20€ when not club member and free for members.

Bigger cost comes from the tyres, brakes, fuel and possible issues.

Solmyr, Emin and arthur666 like this.
  16. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I love Finland's general attitude towards driving. Yall have it figured out. :)

Kaktus10, Nahkamarakatti and Solmyr like this.
  17. Track days vary from 100$ to 400$ here, depending on the track. Time Attack is 150$ to 400$ too...

Some tracks have lapping nights, vary from 10$/10min, 30$/20min (+membership), etc...

Thats in Eastern Canada.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    arthur666, Solmyr and Emin like this.
  18. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

been a while since ive done a track day but some day ill get back out there. its SO much fun.

arthur666 and Emin like this.
  19. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

If only your country wasn't that cold...:rolleyes: :D

I'm pretty sure you have much less tetosteroned idiots and incompetents on the roads then. Every road safety politics should go this way.

Kaktus10 likes this.