1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Render Stats App?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul TDS, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Paul TDS

Paul TDS Rookie

Hi all.

Like many others I am enjoying your software. Have a few problems running Crossfire but that is to be expected with early release.

My question is the statistics that are displayed in the "Render Stats App" what do each of the figures represent?

Thanks, and looking forward to future updates!

Paul

paulieGTR likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't see CPU usage in Render Stats App Jul 26, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fps render stats (ft - cpu) Aug 9, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Game crashes when using apps mainly render stats Aug 3, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Cpu milliseconds goes negative in render stats app Mar 28, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Render stats app Mar 26, 2015
    ACC Gameplay KTM GT2 brake lights are not rendering correctly Saturday at 3:27 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Inconsistent frame rate on App Render GPU Time arround 7-9ms Dec 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa only rendering with OpenVR as a setting Jun 12, 2023
    General modding discussion Shadow (not supposed) dynamic rendering Feb 2, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality 4090 settings - performance of Pixel Density vs. Rendering Res Oct 21, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars acc rendering problem Apr 20, 2022

3. Giovanni Romagnoli

Giovanni Romagnoli Yes, that's a Transformer Camaro

I'll write them in order

F: FPS
    F: time for each frame to be rendered (in millisecods)
    D : number of draw calls
    T : total number of triangles
    B : average size of each drawcall
    S : triangle on scene (after culling)
    C : cpu time
    O : cpu occupancy

uff_, TheBoss, digitizer and 7 others like this.
  4. FUORIGIRI

FUORIGIRI Racer

Which is the minimum value of FPS in order to consider fluid the game?

5. Paul TDS

Paul TDS Rookie

[/quote]

Thank you, and the Blue and Red Graph lines below?

6. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    Woah... thanx for taking the time to explain/list these Giovanni.:)

Much appreciated...

7. Cuco

Cuco Gamer

Thanks for the info, Giovanni.

Cuco
    San Juan, PR

8. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

Can someone give me info on what the figures mean on the Render Stats app since the latest version landed please.
    I feel like a noob about this info listed.:rolleyes:

9. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

Any one?

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is a insane old post to answer but the answer is: whatever makes the game feel fluid to you. :)

13. mxu79

mxu79 Gamer

what are those red and blue lines? when red line starts peaking up-down-up-down, i have some fps loss..?

14. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

@Lord Kunos

Any chance you could clear this up for us all ?

FPS
    FT
    CPU
    DIP
    TRI
    B.SIZE
    SCENE
    PHY
    FMOD DSP
    FMOD USAGE
    (red/blue/teal graphic line into the box)

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Sorry for digging out this old thread, but especially with several AI cars I sometimes get micro-stutters.
    fps are ok rarely under 55fps, but it still stutters and there are regular significant peaks in the red graph of the app when the game stutters.

Does somebody know in the meanwhile what the red lines stands for and what these peaks could be?
    Maybe a tip what I could change on my dated pc to get rid of these micro-stutters.

Weather/clouds and sun (rays)/shadows seem to also affect this problem.

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think I located my problem.

At the beginning of the session I went to my browser with ALT+TAB to look something up. So I only drove after the switch and had the peaks with stuttering.

With a new session it ran pretty smoothly with 23 opponents and only little spikes in the red graph, that also were a lot less frequent than the big peaks.

So just to check I switched once again and after that the peaks were back like in the previous session.

Don't know what exactly causes the stuttering after going back into AC, but now I know when this happens and to avoid switching tasks.

17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Do alt+enter after you alt tab back to AC. If you don't, AC won't be running in true fullscreen anymore and stutters might occur.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    vegaguy 5555, ZethGAF and Schnipp like this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You're me hero, mate. :D

Works like it should after Alt+Enter, no more of those big peaks. Maybe a tiny bit more spikes than with a new session, but that might be due to some other reasons or just my imagination.

Never in a million years I would have figured this out, and then it's such a simple solution.

AlleyViper likes this.
  19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Probably AC was making full use of the vram, so if you return to a gpu accel enabled program like a browser that also claims some and then back again to AC, you'll need to swap some stuff back to your GPU from RAM during that session.
    Try to disable your browser's 3D accel to see if it helps (60fps video playback will suffer a lot).

Schnipp likes this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It's fine after Alt+Enter, no more micro-stutters and frame rate only drops on a few parts, but that's the same with a new session.

So I don't think it's necessary to change anything.
    Also the session was with low sun, full grid and resource hungry clouds, just to stress the situation a bit and test the Alt+Enter trick.

21. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well... since the other thread was closed while I was typing a reply @miche and this one doesn't actually give the most up-to-date answer...

What I wanted to post:
    Might be a good idea if Kunos posted an official short explanation somewhere in the FAQ. Nobody seems to know for sure what the graph is and nobody seemed to know what CPU and PHY really meant until Stefano explained it in a thread that's buried somewhere now and on one of the live streams.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016