1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Render Stats App?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul TDS, Nov 13, 2013.

1. miche

miche Racer

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I explained the meaning of PHY_LATE in my previous post. As for the graph, I do not know.

3. miche

miche Racer

Ok but,

It is really sad not to be able to be informed, when one try of interested, i dont understand why

4. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

5. miche

miche Racer

We go round in circles, Phy_late = 0, = 105, = ....... , that means what, it is good has which moment

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sorry, maybe it is the language barrier, but... I already explained you. Here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/render-stats-app.1990/#post-757676

If you read the post by Stefano that I linked you can deduct that PHY_LATE counts the frames where PHY was over 100%, meaning it took over 3ms for that step of the physics calculation, so it's "late" in that frame.

For a more detailed explanation of how physics calculation is done you can watch that recording of one of Stefano's live streams, around 39:55m onwards:

As such the physics isn't impacted by the graphics performance (as they are separate threads) but if the physics thread is late in its calculation the game gets slowed down.

Now, don't take just my word for it though. There's no full official explanation of this on the website, as such I cannot tell you what that all (especially the graph) means exactly. Stefano might have mentioned the graph in a stream a while ago, no idea.

rauf00 and miche like this.
  7. miche

miche Racer

Sorry! yes I had badly interpreted, (language), in retrospect, it's more clear, thank you of your patience, and to have explained me again.

Thus, "phy_late" should be at the minimum, minimun of delay,latency (Number of times "max 3ms"), it's just ?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

It's just a counter. In your logs you might find some "WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP n times" error messages, and that's the sum of them. It means that at some instant your CPU couldn't prepare a frame in time for the physics engine that runs at a constant rate.

miche likes this.
  9. miche

miche Racer

ok guy i understand , it's appens only on some track, for example SPA for me.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

And red?

11. alex72

alex72 Alien

FPS graphically? It follows fps at least.

12. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

That one shows the FT or frame time. The higher it is, the longer it took to render the each frame, and thus the lower the framerate.

Andrew_WOT likes this.