1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"same class" ai selection?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Filippo94, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

I usually race against same cars with the AI, but sometimes is just fun to have different cars around the track. Right now setting the AI to use same class cars is a bit laborious, I have to select my car, then automatically similar cars are picked based on tags (I guess), after that you go to the AI panel, select "Random", eventually clear the grid, then press "Add visible cars" (sorry, traducted from Italian), and finally you can move on.

With the same car setting, you most of time do not even have to pass through the AI panel, or you can fastly skip it. Couldn't be added a similar functionality for the "Same class" type of racing, which would automatically pick the same class cars of the number set from the user, like the same car selector?

Thanks for the attention :).

Untitled.png
    Switching from road cars to Formula cars is a bad example, but this is what happens usually

pigsy likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions More same class race cars Dec 19, 2017
    Console Lounge same class opponents do not quite match with your car Apr 2, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Bug report: Same class car selection incorrect Sep 4, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Substanding v1.00, provides global, class and same car standings and positions [Updated May 20th] Jan 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Multiple instances on same computer Dec 31, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues In game FPS not same with performance test FPS Apr 11, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Same input/action done repeated over and over again Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Two acount on the same PC ,bug [Both accounts used same profile and config folder] May 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone have experienced the same glitch? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Inconsistent performance with the same settings - FSR Feb 15, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Create server and join server on same pc? Is this possible? Feb 10, 2022
    Sounds modding Same sound, different car, different volume? Why Feb 7, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Same AI Driver in two cars Apr 11, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Is kunos spending money on fixes? cuz it's been the same for 3 years Mar 20, 2021

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

in doing something simple like this the game launcher would have crashed at least four times for me because of the 1gb cache limit on the launcher for no explicable reason

4. NightEye

NightEye Alien

I agree, would be nice.
    When I want to race the same class, I usually guess the "tag" (A4, A5, etc), but a simple function will do the job much more effectively.

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

In this menu there always was room for improvement. My personal "issue" is close to the one describe dhere, but not the same: when you have decided on what AI cars to race again, you can either leave it to the CPU to decide how many of each of the choosen cars will appear, or you set the numbers per car type yourself. If you do the latter, the cars will leave in blocks, first all car model A, then all car model Bs, then all model Cs and so on. If you leave the number decision to the randomizer, cars models leave the box in random order: A, C, B, B, C, A,.

Does not sound like a big issue, but many people use the race weekend to set long practice sessions and by that create a trackday event. And in these you want to see a shuffeled field of cars, not car models driving in blocks.

Simple add the randomization of the one option, to the other option as well. Cannot imagine that is a biggie.

Filippo94 likes this.
  6. hogfish

hogfish Gamer

While they are at it, they need to add the ability to set tyre compounds for AI. Another radio button to control much like we already use to set "S" versions would work.

7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Maybe tires can be set by devs in AIs strategy. Always pick the best tyres for the session and amount of laps, and depending if you need pitstops.
    But other times the player just wants a quick way to change AI's setup, or at least just the tires. For example if you want to race ruf yellowbird with ferrari f40, ruf has SM and f40 has ST tires. But there are other occasions where you want to really do a race against AI on a specific set of tires, even if they aren't the best choice.

Multi-class AI race in AC isn't really supported, or doesn't work well. So them increasing the functionality in menu for multi-class would mean that should work in the track too. I would actually like multi-class and timed races in AC, mainly if they are bringing LMP cars, and putting on track GT2/3 cars. So AI would need to be coded to identify multi-class racing situations and what to do. We don't necessarily need LeMans for it, Silverstone, Nords, Spa, etc. work well.

8. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Please keep this topic focused on the question related request, any addition to it is welcome, but if this topic goes out of the rails, it will be forgotten like most of others. Being on topic is our power ;)

9. We have this feature for the console version (I also have it in my mini superminimalistic launcher that is sometimes seen in the streams). I see no reason why it should NOT be in the PC version soon.

EDIT: Missing a NOT :p

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  10. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

So it will not come to the PC as a feature any time soon, or it will appear with the Console launch, or after that?
    ... or is a way to tell people it will be in the next version as was already implemented in consoles? :D

11. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

How about and option to save and reload preset custom grid settings.

Solmyr likes this.
  12. lol sorry.. I missed NOT in my message.. it didn't make any sense at all hhahaha.. fixed now.

Epistolarius likes this.
  13. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Ahahaha, Thanks for that, was going to drive me crazy :D
    Nice to hear this as an upcoming feature, thanks ;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    Quffy likes this.
  14. Garry Vale

Garry Vale Racer

Is okay, some of us knew what you were trying to say :D

Filippo94 likes this.
  15. I've double checked this with the guys working on the launcher and the story is that the feature is already there but the class TAGS were not really well organized before.. this was cleaned up for the console and it'll automatically get into the PC version for next update using the "random" feature that, by default, will filter using the current selected car's TAG.

Consider that modders will have to update the TAG in order for the system to work for them too.

16. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

@Lord Kunos A little off topic, but since we are talking about the console UI here, just wanted to bring this up. Does the console UI feature a better track selection UI, with sub folder kind of structure holding the different variants of the same track? The current Car selection UI in the PC version is a great example of that. Different folders for each Make and then various models of that Make under each folder. Something similar for track selection would be great in the PC version.

17. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Have you already some indications on the tags you're going to use and how? So we can start update the mods for the upcoming update, and be ready when it'll be released. At least on the UI front :D

ears1991 likes this.
  18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

yeah it might be a good idea to make a sticky thread which explains the various classes in order to streamline the mods. I tried making a seven tier system myself but making tiers for several hundred cars is time consuming and dull, my respect goes out to the guy doing the tags.

19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes please, a guideline. Mods often have tags in the youtube way for findings videos. But tags usage in AC is to categorize cars in simple ways, so please modders, put your cars under the correct category to be easier to find them with opponent cars.

Yagami93, Filippo94 and ears1991 like this.
  20. mister dog

mister dog Alien

@Lord Kunos would it be easy to implement a filter in the car selection screen to list cars on build year or horsepower?
    This would be a handy way to look for cars of the same pedigree to pick for racing together.

I remember back in the days when i used to play GT, i used that filtering a lot to find what i wanted. The ability to pick your opponents that is already available in AC would make this feature even more useful.

21. deci

deci Simracer

@Lord Kunos while we are at it here, i sneak my idea in again in this thread!

an option to limit tire type selection for AI before race. maybe in the summary for race / race weekend, or in the car setup menu, but i guess that would be too late, since the AI is already starting then too...

naturally they tend to chose the best tire available (semislicks for example, when other available types are street, street90.) but it would be nice for training and multiclass races to have the same tire type selection just like in multiplayer server.