1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Server contains unavailable content"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyWeapon, Feb 9, 2017.

1. CrazyWeapon

CrazyWeapon Rookie

Hi guys,

I've been playing Raceroom for a few months now and just bought AC to give it a try. I've also bought the Red Pack cause I wanted to drive the Ferrari 488 GTB GT3. So far so good. Now I want to join a server where other GT3 cars are driving, like the Porsche GT3 RS. But it says "Server contains unavailable content". I've selected the Ferrari before so I don't care about the other cars cause I don't want to drive them.

What's the problem? Hope you (AC) are not trying to force me to buy all the DLCs!!

nate and Sean like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Contains Unavailable Content When I Have All The Content Jun 17, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server contains unavailable content (nordschleife) Mar 13, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server contains unavailable content Jun 27, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer CP Server - No servers in your region. Wednesday at 9:04 PM
    ACC Multiplayer [ALG] Server startup (need staff/interested persons) Apr 27, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant fetch any server (since UTC 1200 Sunday 21 Apr 2024) Apr 21, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Dedicated Server Not Working After Update Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You need to have the DLC packs for every car on the server, not just the one that you drive.

4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

In order to play on a specific server you need to own all the content that is being used on it. Most GT3 servers have all (or most) gt3 cars enabled so you'd need all the packs that contain those gt3 cars.

5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Sadly you need all the dlc if you want to race against cars that you don't have on the tracks that you do own. Seems they could not get the encryption stuff that is required to make it possible to work properly afaik. I would prefer that system to get implemented too. But for the time being on the plus side, atleast the dlc are usually on sale quite often. Like a couple weeks ago you could get the dream packs each for like 3 bucks and the japanese pack for 2, which is pretty insanely cheap pricing for the content you get.

6. CrazyWeapon

CrazyWeapon Rookie

Thank you guys, but I'm pretty pissed off. I don't like getting forced to buy all DLC. I'm new in this game, I want to try playing online and see if I like it before I spent more money. I already spent 40€ and I'm practically not able to play it online. It would've been ok if they inform you before you step into this trap!

nate, Xenix and Sean like this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You can filter out servers you don't have the content for, but probably not many GT3 servers available then.

8. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

It might looks rude, but it's not because Kunos are money greedy, but how the system work.
    Yes, however I agree it shouldn't force you to buy the content you are not using, unfortunately it is how it is...

9. Horus

Horus Alien

The console guys have the option to join servers without owning the DLC, and it now seems likely Kunos are hold back updates to have homogamy between consoles and PC. So it looks like all the whining from the console guys has paid back in full. Whilst us PC guys are left out of some features that could aid in selling DLC to those otherwise not interested. Maybe if the whining started on the PC side we could get similar benefits. Personally I find it rather silly to not release updates for the PC as and when available as it gives Kunos a good test bed before they are released for console - knowing how long it takes for Sony and MS to approve updates, it's a poor decision to not use the PC users to find bugs/issues before causing more problems for the console crowd. So when do you think we will get the option to race cars and tracks we do not have in our DLC portfolio?

nate likes this.
  10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

If it's a GT3 server, you can bet it's going to have the GT3 Porsche's on it. I've never seen one without it so far. (I'm new as well.)

Just bite the bullet and get the entire Porsche Pack (all three of them). Trust me: It's well worth it.

11. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

It has nothing to do with whining customers.
    It's about the software structure: physics and graphics are the same , but other layers are totally different (because of the platform).

sacredaardvark and Cote Dazur like this.
  12. Horus

Horus Alien

@6S.Manu So are Kunos going to allow people that do not have the full array of DLC to race on servers with content they do not own? If you don't like Porsche * but enjoy the Ferrari, why should you be forced to own a pack that you do not wish to use just to join a server.

*(I only bought Porsche packs to support Kunos, I have no love for Porsche at all)

13. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Then you need to seek some professional help. ;)

Jebus, Cote Dazur and Psit like this.
  14. Torcano

Torcano Alien

If you have less than two hours of game play you can easily return the game on steam if you feel trapped or robbed.

15. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

There are technical reasons behind that: btw remember that console people can't start a dedicated server (private lobby system is under testing), so if you can't join a server then it's easy to start one by yourself.

16. CrazyWeapon

CrazyWeapon Rookie

I know, but I just wanted to make sure it's not me doing something wrong.

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How do you know that they keeping updates back? 20h ago it was a beta update so they are probably still working on it. The update console are getting now is pp3 so they are like 1-2 months behind PC. Never know if it will change with DB behind the wheel though.

18. [​IMG]

Sleeper Service, Quffy and Berry like this.
  19. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Just wondering if you're the same Mike Hornbuckle that used to work for a printing press installer in the South Eastern U.S.

20. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Cool. Just wondering. Sorry for the OT.