1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Server contains unavailable content"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyWeapon, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

COMING SOON! – PORSCHE PACK VOLUME 3 & UPDATE V 1.12

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

And that update have already been on PC since pp3 came out. This update will add some special events (that pc already have) and things like that on console. 1.12 on PC will probably be with the new track. They dont even have custom championship, and that will probably be in this patch too.

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think the console version numbers are not directly comparable with those of the pc. IIRC there was a patch that focused mainly on console performance and didn't bring much else.
    But maybe I'm just wrong here.

TDS likes this.
  4. @Schnipp is correct, the version numbering system is different for PC, PS4, and Xbox.

Schnipp likes this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You can certainly try online without any dlc at all. You can't join all servers, but you're not left out from servers with people in. You can also create or join an empty server and wait until others join as well, if they like the content on that server.
    While you don't have all the content, click the 'dlc' filter, the 'show servers that don't require booking' filter, the 'show empty' and 'show full' filters. Now just refresh the server list and sort it by most players. You'll have options to play online.

6. Tony74

Tony74 Racer

I started a discussion about this a while ago, including various easy short-term solutions. I can't believe some people are still being so apathetic about getting this major issue for new players sorted out. I'm not surprised new people who want to race online feel cheated - there's no warning that online racing will be so severely restricted if you don't buy ALL the DLC.
    It was easier for me & many long-term AC players because we already bought most of the previous DLCs, but new people who buy their 1st DLC and suddenly discover they can't race their favourite car(s) online are really getting a raw deal.
    Here's the link to that discussion -
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/dlc-is-fragmenting-players.41368/

7. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

I dont play often Online but i must give you right. Multiplayer in AC is a little trap.
    It is not really fair for the customers.

Horus likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

As I know most of you know AC is my favourite game. I think that it is rather unfair that the console guys can play content they do not own yet the PC guys, who have put so much into this, do not get the same opportunity. Come on Kunos, play fair.

nate likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They cant drive cars they dont own but they can race on the same track as them. :)

10. To the OP: When you come from Raceroom you should know how the content thing work. With the free2play content of Raceroom I'm NOT able to join a server with content I don't have. And if you compare the AC content model to other simgames out there you'll see no differences in this case. Expect the prices ;);)

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

There's no reason to feel cheated and there's no reason for warning because we are talking about optional multiplayer. Optional multiplayer means anyone can create his own online server. Optional multiplayer also means that you don't rely on this game mode to actually play the game. Was the game advertised that if you buy the game/dlcs you will find 24 players in every server and each server will contain different cars and tracks from the other and still be populated? No, because online multiplayer in AC is run by the community.
    I have all the dlcs, but that doesn't mean I will find in online multiplayer, populated servers with the content I want. So I am resigned to join in what the community likes most to race online, which can be content from any dlc or from just the base game, or mixed. Kunos didn't cheat you, you had a wrong assumption that you were entitled to race against content you didn't buy. That's being realistic about this subject, which has nothing to do with being good or bad.

Sleeper Service likes this.
  12. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

@Quffy We can argue about how right is it or not for ages, but right now this situation IT IS a issue for new players, and this is what should be resolved if Kunos want more sales, and less frustration from people.

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But this I don't understand, will letting people join servers where they own the track and at least a car from that server result in more sales? If the OP who only has the game+red pack dlc could join with his ferrari 488 gt3 versus gt3 cars from other dlcs, would he buy more dlcs if he's already satisfied with joining every gt3 server with that car from the one dlc he bought?

Sleeper Service and Jebus like this.
  14. Horus

Horus Alien

Well by what the OP stated that is not the case. He is not allowed to race in a server with other gt3 cars he does not own.

15. ...and where is the difference to Raceroom where he came from?

16. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

This is patently false. In RaceRoom, the only requirements for joining any server is that you own the track you are trying to join (obvious), and 1 single car from whatever selection the server host allows. So, if a server host sets up a server with GT3, DTM, and WTCC cars... if you only own 1 single GT3 car, you can still join that server.

It has been like this for years.

After_Midnight likes this.
  17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Does that translate in more people buying the other content they don't own yet and does that translate substantially in a more active multiplayer?

I think only Kunos can analyze this case with data taken from console's situation, if is true that there you don't need to buy extra content when you own the track and at least a car to join a server where you don't own all the cars. And afterwards I don't think it will change for current AC, because some system rewrite would need to take place, but possibly they might reevaluate for a next game.

18. Torcano

Torcano Alien

It's been that way because R3E, iR and consoles are totally locked down platforms, some of them you should know by now even have the "always-online-DRM-lock-encryption-thingamajig" to even access the game that you bloody well own. Games that are built upon such a system can happily have the content that you don't currently own or atleast some part of it reside on the client's computer, without the companies having the constant fear of clients somehow bypassing the encryption and steal content. AC on the other hand is fully modular and open, implementing such a system could very well be much harder than you might think and they decided it is not worth screwing with the open nature of the game given that Kunos already has an extremely aggressive pricing system for content.

We all know that it is the hip thing to say stuff like Kunos are lazy hacks that love to steal your monies and screwing with new players while cackling menacingly from atop their Scrooge McDuck vaults, but just remember iRacing didn't have this feature right from the get go either, even they took their sweet time to get it right and that's for an always online multiplayer only game for crying out loud. I'm not defending Kunos here, as I said I'd love to see such a system implemented too, but know that it is not as black and white as people might think it is.

19. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

That was my experience as well starting out. As long as I have the track they're running and at least one car they have on the server, then I'm in...but I'm limited to the car I have. To hear the OP tell it, if somebody has a server set up with the BMW's and Porsche's from the Porsche pack on it he can't join it. I've never seen that yet.

That is why I was stating on the other thread (minorating thread) that having all content had nothing to do with it.

20. Than I've to say sorry. :confused: Thank you for your explantation. :)