1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Severe "ride height bug"!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Donnced2, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi to Kunos development team, @Lord Kunos and community!
    Here goes a severe bug /issue!
    With several cars if you lower the ride height in the suspension settings below "9" the game don't let you start the race... If you resets the settings and reset the race the race starts normally.
    At the moment i found this bug / issue on the next cars :

• KTM Xbow
    • Corvette C7R (GT3)
    • Nissan GT-R GT3
    • Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    • Audi R8 LMS Ultra
    • BMW Z4 GT3

In my next gaming sessions i will keep trying cars to see witch are affected by this bug/issue.
    If the community can help and report cars affected by this bug it sure will be a good help to the development team to resolve this problem in a future update!

L2D_Gopher likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer 1.8.16 hotfix - Severe lack of servers after update Jul 6, 2022
    General modding discussion Severe ramdon shadows shown on track mesh via Kseditor, but smooth in original 3d programe May 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Severe SA punishment in MP - why? Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.0.4] Severe stutter due to CPU overload Jul 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [NOT ACC's FAULT!] Severe Stutter with Non-synced FPS Apr 12, 2019
    ACC Gameplay A.I Not Pitting Due to Severe Damage Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Setting AA to temporal high causes severe ghosting Jan 20, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds FPS with a full grid of cars dropped severely after recent updates Aug 20, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Start Time is Severely Increased Jul 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Severe lack of setup options on the SF15/f138 ferrari. Jan 10, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Severe Replay Stutter v1.9 (now with logs included) Nov 2, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Framerate dropping severely Aug 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Playing AC with severe handicap - Quadstick May 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 12h Sebring severe weather delay - insane lightning storm! Mar 19, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Severe stuttering after v1.3 update. cpu spiking to 95%+ Oct 9, 2015

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

@Donnced I have had that happen with a couple of cars too. The Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport had the issue too.

If you press 'Change View / Camera' it is fine.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Donnced2 likes this.
  4. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi!

Nope.. Those that i said even if you change the camera / view the race don't start.

It's fully realeted with height of the car in the suspension settings!

But thanks for the reply

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

These cars have a minimum ride height rule in real life.

On PC, while in the pits we have an indicator that shows what is the minimum height and when we go below we cannot leave the pits or start a race. So the bug is not really that the race can't start it's that you are missing the indication that you are not allowed to go below a certain ride height.

6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

The console UI seems to miss an indication of minimum allowed height for those race cars, and the real-time reading doesn't change to red with an invalid setup.

PS: I don't have the game at hand now, but try something like 55mm minimum for GTE/GT3 and 78mm (or 79mm?) on the Cayman GT4 Clubsport.

paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well, that can probably be the cause, but on console we don't have an minimum height indicator..

But what's strange is that this bug/issue doesn't affect all the cars.

For example, i took the Mercedes AMG GT3.. And even on lowest level the race starts normally..

So,quite strange, that's why i decided to report it.

Other people in GTplanet and @Scuderia Paul also said that sometimes the car keep stuck in the "open door view" but if you change the camera / view or restarting, the game reacts and start the race..

But with the "ride height bug" Well, even changing camera/view, restarting session it doesn't let you start the race.. Not till you put ride height above "9".

Thanks for your reply anyway! Sure that it will help the development team to resolve this problem

8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Thanks, for sure i will take a look at the Cayman GT4 Clubsport tomorrow, and see what it does lowering the height of the car..

Like i said above, can be due an minimum height, but it isn't indicated on consoles version and some cars from same category aren't affected by this issue/bug and let start the race normally even on the lowest car height setting..

Also thanks for the reply and trying to figure out what can be the cause of this and find solutions, much appreciated

Traks1 likes this.
  9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

When GT3s were introduced minimum weight was limited to 60mm, but it was later changed to 55mm along with more modern GT3 entries made for that rule-set with a lower default setup such as the 488GT3. There's the possibility that some older models can't reach 55mm (or without a full tank), so they don't error out so often. Just check if those cars that can pass at minimum setup are indeed lower than 55mm.

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

You need to be looking at the height on the left side(Altura XX mm) and not the slider at "9". There you'll see the 55 mm that will apply across all GT3s for example. The AMG is probably not reaching 55 mm but the same rule applies for it.

11. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Will have a look into it tomorrow for sure! Thanks

12. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The ride height does not depend solely on the ride height setting. It also varies according to the suspension stiffness and the weight (including fuel).

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The bug only applies on the ride height settings....all the rest isn't affected.. And it don't happend with all cars or category.

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What was meant is that the spring rates e.g. can also influence the right height. Therefore, you can - in theory - also get below the threshold of what's allowed just by softening the springs.

It's less of a bug than an omission of an indicator, really.

And it doesn't happen on all cars because not all cars seem to have a limit value.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well i keept trying and McLarens GT3 aren't affected, Ferrari 458 GT2 isn't affected, Praga R1 isn't affected..

And the bug only applies with the ride height setting, all the others you can put what you want.

It isn't also an omission of an indicator, cause there's isn't any "limit indicator" on consoles.

I say it once in an other part,the console versions aren't the same as the PC version, they have less options & features and different issues, problems and bugs than the original PC version.

So dev team should really have to take a look into this, and if the want mechanical limitations in a category like ride height at least enable a "limit indicator" and then that the limits affects all cars from same category.

But thanks anyway for the reply, very appreciate the time and help you PC guys given!

16. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

ZX636 and Donnced2 like this.
  17. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

First at all thanks for your time!
    But isn't that the official support forum from the game?
    With the video i posted it should be easy to pass it to the development team, so they can investigate and take a look into this problem.

Thanks again ;)

Mauler_77 and LeDude83 like this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

But have you checked the actual ride height for all the affected cars you know? If it's really a height limit (which I believe) maybe the McLarens GT3 suspension simply doesn't go below it no matter what settings are applied.

In the setup screen, check the actual height readout on the left.

When the limit really is 50 mm you could try and go just above that with the height slider. Then try softening the springs to the max. This should get you back below the limit again.

I'm not at all convinced that it's a bug with this specific slider.

AlleyViper likes this.
  19. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well i will recheck again, but even then there's still a problem, cause console versions don't have any limit indicator

But thanks again for your time and try to help, much appreciated really!

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I tried it on the PC. It's really only the height limit IMO.

1. Huracan GT3 with the right height set so that the car is just above/spot-on the limit of 55 mm: Ride Height 1.jpg
    2. Now I lowered the spring rate and the setup is invalid because right height dropped below 55: Ride Height 2.jpg
    3. Next test: McLaren 650 GT3 - the height sliders are not enough to get the car below 55 mm: Ride Height 3.jpg
    4. After softening the springs, this car too is below the allowed limit: Ride Height 4.jpg

21. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

It's not a bug. You are just lowering the car too much for the current stiffness of your springs. If you lower the Corvette front Ride Height to 9/9 you have to increase the Wheel Rate to 150/150 and then you'll be fine. I would be willing to bet that the same is true for all of the other cars mentioned, although the actual values are probably different.

Here is a photo of Assetto Corsa PC version lowering the Corvette C7R Ride Height to 9/9 in the Front. Notice how the upper left box now says "Setup Invalid" and the Ride Height in the realtime readout is now in a red colored font.

[​IMG]

Now I'm going to increase the Wheel Rate (stiffness) to 150 N/mm & 150 N/mm (Front):

[​IMG]

Notice that the Front Height text has changed back to white (meaning valid) and the upper left box now shows a steering wheel which will put me in the car to drive when clicked. This is a realistic setup situation. I can understand the excitement of thinking it was a bug, but it truly isn't. Since I don't have a console version, please check to see if there is anything on your console screens indicating that your setup is invalid the way AC informs me on the PC. If there truly isn't any indicator, or if it is completely hidden and not so obvious to see, then that could be considered an issue that needs fixing.

@Donnced -- You might want to edit the first post, just so people clicking this link don't just read your post and get pissed off and never get to the posts explaining what's really going on. That's up to you, my friend. :)

EDIT: Sorry I came late to the party with my answer. I was trying to simultaneously answer this issue on here and GTPlanet and then I had to take photos and send them to imgur. Ugh.