1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simbin bundle at steam sale

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Slamdrunken, May 4, 2015.

1. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

hello everyone, in case you want it, there is a simbin mega bundle at steam for 8 usd

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18370/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_5

GT legends
    GTR
    GTR 2
    GTR evolution expansion pack
    RACE wtcc
    RACE 07
    RACE injection
    STCC

& some other minors expansion packs.

at least for me GT legends is well worth the 8 usd of the whole bundle

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Now this is worth noting: GTR3 from SimBin, 2018 Feb 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Simbin studios to shut down Jul 29, 2014
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Purchased CSW Bundle Aug 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't upgrade to Ultimate bundle on Steam Jul 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AC + DLC on sale at Humble Bundle Apr 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Project Cars Humble Bundle... Jan 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room I cant buy the bundle if i already own Porsche pack 1 Nov 26, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam Porsche Pack Bundle Problem Nov 24, 2016
    Suggestions Steam DLC bundle Oct 20, 2016
    Tracks modding Bundle ghost cars or special events with track? Jun 9, 2015
    General modding discussion Official sweetfx bundle & inspector for assetto corsa (win 7/8.0/8.1 compatible) Jun 30, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Nice Racing Bundle May 23, 2014

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Im tempted as gt legends is the only game i dont have but still ive run into too many issues with the simbim collection of games that im just done with it, they have a lot of nice content but its a no from me.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  4. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Thank you very much, bought it right away, only had GTR from the lot, so for me it's a great deal! Thx again.

5. Jebus

Jebus Alien

That pretty awesome deal. I own everything in that bundle already tho.

6. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

didnt have any of them,so £5:20 what a bargain.

Cheers!

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That sounds impressive, however, these are very old titles by now, and you feel it when using them. They were good by the standards of their time, but cannot hold their ground today anymore. Not worth the money when considering the contemporary titles available today.

Also, how many racing games do you need and can use reasonably, with reasonable frequency and intensity?

Spend a little more and get one or two of the modern ones. Much better deal in the long run. No way I could get back to driving GTR2 and the likes again. Feels too inferior, looks too inferior.

Mogster, arthur666, Akis Kev and 2 others like this.
  8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

This bundle has been on sale quite often recently. I remember someone on the forum suggests me try GTR2 driving school to learn some basics, and I conveniently found it on sale like this after putting GTR2 on wishlist for like 2 days. If memory serves, there has been 3 times that Simbin Mega Bundle was on sale in the past 6 months. Also I think last week or the week before, the bundle, as well as all the individual titles in the bundle, was on sale on humblebundles.com.

I sometimes get an illusion that they are using the f2p R3E to boost the sales of the bundle :p

9. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Loved that old Simbin stuff. But, I have very limited time to drive on my PC these days, so I'll always just default to the sim I like best. ;)

10. robertedell

robertedell Gamer

GT legends I think is the best of the bunch and back in the day it was quite a good sim. It just does not hold up today and I would only recommend it to someone with a old weak computer that can not run something like AC.

Mogster and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I loved GT Legends and GTR 2 and I drove the heck out of them back in the day but I heard that these sims will no longer run on modern systems/OS. When an offer like this comes to Steam, are we supposed to assume that the games have been adapted and tested on an up-to-date system so that there is some assurance that they will work?

12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

They run well on my Win 8.1.

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I don`t know .. still prefer them to AC at this moment and I probably have 3times more game time in GTR Evo last month than I have in AC overall .. FFB works for me better, physics are reasonably good, game options are much better than AC, with sound mods I use it sounds better, you have nice selection of cars and tracks, AI is much much better, fully customizable chapionships, weather if you feel like driving in rain .. I don`t need five good finished sims, so far I have two:

-> GTR Evo, GSC as my "daily" sims,
    -> AC and rF2 as "checking what is new and waiting for progress" sims
    -> R3E as "did they fix floaty FFB?" sim
    ... with pCars hopefully comming as "I need something easy and fun but I don`t have console to play GT or Froza" who knows if it is sim ...

For that money you could get hours of fun simracing with very little to complain about ... it is worth just for times when you get bored or feel like driving something else

14. robertedell

robertedell Gamer

They do work in windows 8.1 if you run them in compatibility mode (except the force feed back and effects do seem weaker that they should). Every once a while I will run GT Legends, funny thing no matter how much I play it, it always says I have played 10 minutes.

15. I used to run GTR2 many years ago, then seemed "arcadish" when I moved to rFactor...these days same story between AC and GSCE...in the same order.

16. St3fan

St3fan Alien

My GT Legends and GTR2 run very well without compatibility mode. I think you should give it a try. Maybe it is the compatibility mode that causes the FFB problems.

As a new player I feel GTR2 easier than AC easier than GSCE (I just can't drive the Camaro). I wonder if there is something like an "sim/arcade meter" which puts all the available titles in a rough, relative scale in terms of reality.

17. The Camaro is the most fun and rewarding car to drive in GSCE. After you master it when you go back to AC even the F40 will seem a piece of cake. Try using the following settings for the Camaro:
    900 deg wheel, with a 33 degrees steering lock in game setting and a 1250 in the RealFeel plugin ini file.

18. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I was running 270 degrees rotation and default setup in game, and I never tried the RealFeel plugin thing... speak of which I did feel disconnected to Camaro when I last played GSCE. The car felt unwilling to slow down or turn in, and I got little feedback from the wheel. Maybe that's the reason I could not drive the car at all.

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

GTR2 is the best one for me

20. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

GTR2 - 24 hour races at LeMans or Spa with rain and nightfall is still pretty awesome. You can scale the time so you get nightfall in a 30 min race....watch out for that blinding morning sun!

21. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Is Race 07 supposed to be GTR2's sequel? How are the two compared with each other? After getting the mega bundle I feel at lost what to do with it apart from going through the driving school.