1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some observations after playing the sim for a while...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by BlitzPig_EL, Jan 12, 2014.

1. BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL Gamer

A. Brake feel. It sucks. While no sim ever has real feeling brakes, AC needs to address the response curve of the brake pedal.

B. Steering input. Something is odd here when the car gets even a bit upset. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but real cars don't act this way. It's like the physics engine just throws up it's hands and says "I quit". It feels more like an out of control motorcycle than an automobile. The sensation of the mass of the automobile just goes away. Hard to explain.

C. The sim desperately needs a modern front engine chassis between the Fiat 500 Abarth, and the higher end cars. The E30 M3 is cool, but not that cool...

D. Personally I need to judge speed better... Always my biggest problem with racing sims, and one of the drawbacks of having real world track experience. The complete lack of physical cues, be it g-loading, vibrations. feedback through the steering, seat, and pedals, really messes with my mind. The sensation of speed, and the ability to judge it, just isn't there for me, and hinders my performance. In short, I suck.

Zentiusd and Snarffu like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Tyre pressures bug? And 2 AI observations May 20, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Observations about Soft Lock Aug 17, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Few observations regarding league race support in AC Mar 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ai how to use the app and my observations to avoid ultra grip Aug 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room AC 0.6.2 - Observations and Suggestions for future builds. Feb 2, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC CRASH During playing SOLO Oct 12, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU usage at 99% when playing Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC keeps crashing after playing for some time (45+) min May 10, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions New to assetto corsa. Playing on PS4 Mar 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to revert the update and keep playing in old gen? Feb 23, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game crashes when playing Jan 6, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.8 has completely ruined playing with a gamepad Nov 25, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Am I missing something? (Playing on controller) Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Audio Pitstop sound playing in replays Jul 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes suddenly, playing or not - UE4 crash Jul 11, 2021

3. A. Not really, actually FFB feels better than other sims under braking.
    B. Don't know what you're talking about.
    C. Don't know what you're talking about.
    D. It's a sim, it does the job as any other sim in that regard.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

My father say its quite waste of time to expect any sim to feel exactly like real world because in real life we get all kind of ffb / sense of speed / g-force / momentum or whatever you want to call it from all front / rear / top / bottom 360° dimension of the car but in game we get all those things from a wheel alone so no way you will ever feel the same no matter how great that sim is.

And i believe what my father say is true so if you really want a 100% real sim racing then the only way is to drive the real car :D

MsportDAN, RatFink63 and Dinca Andrei like this.
  5. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Can't really say I agree with most of this personally.
    The feeling of going sideways, if thats what you mean, is awesome, once you get the hang of it, and drifting in this game is absurdly rewarding.
    The brakes for me also feel really good, and I can usually tell when I need to really press hard on them, on cars like the zonda, I feel like im man-handling the thing through every corner, and it's awesome.
    The game just needs more cars in general through.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  6. vektro

vektro Racer

Weird that you mention the two things as negative that I would call the strong suits of AC. Brake feeling, really great, especially with ABS enabled. No other simulation even comes close to that. And the response curve... yes, there is a slider for that.
    Body mass simulation, another great thing with AC, you can feel the car move and shift around. Again, no other simulation out there is a match for AC in this regard and a reason why road cars feel that great in this game.
    Then, modern front engine chassis? E92 M3, you won't get any more modern than that. If that's to high-end for you, there is the Z4.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  7. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

There's someone on another forum who's trying to pick holes in AC. Turns out guy likes iracing and wants AC to be flop so he attacks unnecessarily, just saying it's bad, but no real explanation given as why.

This poster seems rather similar, and it's just delusional trolling to be honest. I've played many, many hours on AC, nearly only hot-lapping and it's the best simulation I've ever played. Perfect? No, well nothing would be perfect, especially in beta development, but the best there is of this type of sim.

This thread is flame-trolling and should be locked or preferably deleted.

8. vektro

vektro Racer

That's a bit harsh. He wasn't really attacking anyone and stated his opinion and feelings reasonably well. And even if it seems that AC isn't the right sim for him he is still entitled to state his opinion, isn't he? As long as he and all participants keep it civilized I can't see any "flame-trolling".

9. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

i love AC just how it is :)

theres always room for improvement (early access)

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Having two guys with same input devices, but having them set up differently, will change the assessment of both guys how the sim behaves and reacts to input.

I think this variable - how hardware is set up - gets overlooked often. Some options there make VERY hugh differences. Up to making a car non-turning in a tight corner.

There is a link between FOV, and perception of speed. Generally, hood camera also gives better speed perception.

Finally, setup of the car. Should be a no-brainer, but playing around with some options there, especially shifting the balance from over- to understeering, turns a car into something totally different. Not to mention the car model (stage 1 or 3) - I love but am not good at driving the 458, I mean I cannot get it moving around tight corners fast. But the stage 3 458 - wowh, you do not recognise that it is the same car. Fantastic.

Snarffu and Dinca Andrei like this.
  11. Fahim

Fahim Racer

12. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

My thoughts:

A. Brake feel. Maybe hardware related - my cheap Nixim modded G25 pedals feel great and I can really feel the differences in cars and brake performance. (Curve at 3). I think this is a strength not a weakness

B. Steering input. Again this is a strength IMHO. It feels the most naturally like a car yet.

C. The sim desperately needs a modern front engine chassis? Plenty of cars for me to play with right now, don't see a desperate need...

D. Personally I need to judge speed better... Always my biggest problem with racing sims, and one of the drawbacks of having real world track experience. I don't think it is a drawback of real world experience. Sims are great but not that good that we can muddle up real and virtual. We have to correlate real to sim and depending how are brains are wired will determine if we can make a good correlation. Some people just can't cope with the conflict of lack of inner ear inputs and what we see. Hence some top world class drivers are great at sims and others just don't get on with it.

Simon Roberts likes this.
  13. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

everyone is entitled to their opinion, the OP is'nt trolling as there is no mention directly of other Sims and there's no harsh language bashing AC. Your post, if anything, comes across as totally Fanboyish whereby any post slating AC is deemed to be Trolling!

Snarffu, Albert McSaltens and Rodrigo like this.
  14. Fahim

Fahim Racer

I agree. OP seems to have come in good faith. He should be encouraged to speak on these forums.

Snarffu likes this.
  15. Stacy555

Stacy555 Gamer

Have to agree with skybird.. from personal experience.
    If I had not copied and tweaked a FFB setup for my rig from this very forum,
    I would have been unable to get the feel I needed to be happy with AC over the other sims I have tried in this last 12 months.

So Blitzpig.. I suggest you post your rig details and see if a fellow forum member can help you find what you seem to be missing.

Kristaps likes this.
  16. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Well in another forum, the OP started off sounding reasonable, but a bit scathing and it quickly descended into chaos.
    It doesn't suck, if you bother to set up the controller and the in game settings, you can get it to not suck. I drive cars without ABS and pedals without load-cells and I have no problems, I did before 4.0, but not now.
    Not the game I'm playing, but true, you have to iron out the lag and match the graphics to your system.
    Could arguably do with some, but loads of cars are in development, so just wait a bit.

17. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Keep it polite, thanks.

18. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The mid-engine cars do feel like the front end is really light... Less rotational inertia (because the engine's central) and the rear weight bias makes it much snappier. Haven't ever driven a mid-engine car in real life though so I don't have a point of comparison.

I suppose more FRs will mean more cars that handle more the way I'm 'used to'. I haven't spent as much time in the BMWs yet, perhaps I should fix that.

19. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Nice responses from some in this thread. Not. Way to keep the community open and friendly.

"This guy's offered some opinions, they differ from mine, and since I am defending this sim, I can deride his post by saying nothing more than "not true" as though my opinion is fact, or accuse him of trolling".
    Forum police wannabes are the worst part about sim racing.

James Gore, Snarffu and Steve Duke like this.
  20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

People should have theirs opinion on a sane forum. Don't expect him to reply to your rude post.
    Don't turn this forum in to this, have a construtive atitude pls.
    Take some time with your family and forget AC for some time.

Snarffu likes this.
  21. mattrick

mattrick Racer

I have played pCars after around 3 months today - now that is a game where you do not feel part of the car - AC is doing just dandy in terms of realism and input!!